The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

finally watched this on Disney. Between this and Ant-Man and the shows, Marvel has fallen quite far. Not as bad as Ant-man thanks to Ms Marvel but this was all over the place.

I can’t imagine anyone who didn’t watch the shows being able to understand why two characters have powers.

So I tried to give "The Marvels" a shot... After over an hour into the movie, and I STILL didn't know what's going on. I gave up because I just couldn't follow it anymore.

I've seen that it has been doing well on streaming and some on social media are even regretting not seeing it in the theater.

I am not one of those people. At least at home you can just shut it off, but I couldn't imagine paying to be that lost and confused.

I saw this too yesterday after missing it in theaters, and I wanted to like it given the circumstances surrounding it and liking the characters and people involved, but I unfortunately I thought it was a giant mess. The three leads tried their best to salvage it, but the material was lousy. It was empty noise.

I thought the first Captain Marvel was way better than this one.

Haven’t watched it in the theater because it wasn’t for me and no trailer changed my opinio.
In the end I really enjoyed and had fun.
My favourite scenes are the body swapping scenes (when they learned to control it) and the flerken scenes with Memories
And of course every Goose and kitten scenes, because cats always get me

I watched this last night and it did feel more like a Kelly Sue Deconnick Captain Marvel comic than the first movie did, in the sense that that is what they were seemingly going for. All and all, I still feel the little bit of Carol we got in Endgame is the best (and most Carol-ish) version of Captain Marvel we've gotten thus far in the MCU. Powerful, confident, sassy when needed... I just wish we had gotten more of her in that movie.

Speaking of which, her power levels in the MCU are all over the place. She can put Thanos on one knee in Endgame, but she suddenly needs the help of two other female superheroes to beat some generic Kree villain. If you are going to add two characters to her sequel and call it The Marvels, I think we needed a better villain. At least Thor Love And Thunder cast Christian Bale as its lead villain to try and give Gorr more dramatic heft, to make him seem like a bigger threat to Thor and Almighty Thor as well as Valkyrie.

Finally saw it. Not the worst marvel film for me, but no where near the best either.
I wouldnt even put it among the marvel films I just consider decent to good, ie, antman, IM2, Thor 2, captain marvel, etc.

It's down there with Love and Thunder and the Eternals. It tried way too hard to be cute.

But Nothing, and I mean nothing, can steal LaT's title of worst marvel film ever for me.

I watched this last night and it did feel more like a Kelly Sue Deconnick Captain Marvel comic than the first movie did, in the sense that that is what they were seemingly going for. All and all, I still feel the little bit of Carol we got in Endgame is the best (and most Carol-ish) version of Captain Marvel we've gotten thus far in the MCU. Powerful, confident, sassy when needed... I just wish we had gotten more of her in that movie.

Speaking of which, her power levels in the MCU are all over the place. She can put Thanos on one knee in Endgame, but she suddenly needs the help of two other female superheroes to beat some generic Kree villain. If you are going to add two characters to her sequel and call it The Marvels, I think we needed a better villain. At least Thor Love And Thunder cast Christian Bale as its lead villain to try and give Gorr more dramatic heft, to make him seem like a bigger threat to Thor and Almighty Thor as well as Valkyrie.

I said this in 2019. Putting Thanos on his knees and her literally laughing at his hits just made her too powerful. It made it seem like if she had been around before Endgame Thanos would have been toast.

It also meant any villains in her future solo movies would need to be mega powerful or come across poorly. We saw that with The Marvels.

Last edited:
Kamala Khan / Monica were dragged in because of the teleporting thing, and they were willing to help.

What i didn't understand, why it only took til the climaX of the film for her to reactivate the dying sun of the villain's planet. How come she didnt realize before, that she could do that. And she could have avoided two planets being destroyed in the first place.

The Art of The Marvels is, now available for preorder.
The book will be released on, August 6, 2024.

Last edited:
Finally saw it. Not the worst marvel film for me, but no where near the best either.
I wouldnt even put it among the marvel films I just consider decent to good, ie, antman, IM2, Thor 2, captain marvel, etc.

It's down there with Love and Thunder and the Eternals. It tried way too hard to be cute.

But Nothing, and I mean nothing, can steal LaT's title of worst marvel film ever for me.
I have similar feelings about,Thor,The Dark World.
That's My Worst MCU Film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"