The New Improved Official Stupid Question Thread Marvel Edition

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Darthphere, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Haha, that's basically how I feel about it. They were a couple in AoA, so it feels like one of the creators just figured, "Hey, wouldn't it be fun if we explored that relationship in the mainstream continuity now that Rogue can f*** non-homicidally?" Meh.

2. DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

I seem to remember Mags and Jungle Gear Rogue conoodling on an old Jim Lee cover. I never read that story, but I'm pretty sure it pre-dates AoA.

3. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2007
    is it upcomming in uncanny x-men? you couldnt give me the link to wear you got it from could yah?

4. JewishHobbit Registered

Actually, I THINK it's in X-Men Legacy coming up but I'm not sure, since that's Rogue's book now.

And yeah, they flirted with a relationship back in the early 90's round Uncanny X-men 273-277 give or take. This continued briefly in mention in X-Men 1-3, and then again in Uncanny X-Men 304 (Fatal Attractions) but it was all just minor mentions or shows of what could have been. That was all pre-AoA. Then she did have a minor relationship with Joseph when she thought he was Magneto. So this isn't something new.

5. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2007
    looks like im gonna start getting X-men legacy and uncanny x-men then...man im collecting a **** load of comics now lol

6. Optikal Professor Chaos

There were two blades forged, the first blade known as the black blade contained part of the soul of muramasa himself, it was said that it also inherited part of his madness. It granted the user with increased attributes but prolonged use would infect the wielder with that same madness. Wolverine wielded it years ago and fell under its influence, but was able to overcome it.

The second blade was actually forged with a part of Wolverines soul for him in particular. It was created as an extension of Wolverine himself and as the only weapon that could put him down permenantly.

7. LouFerignoDemon CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Rage. I read it, he said his rage was boiled down, refined, and forged. :cmad:

And I'm literal, none of this metaphor junk for me. :cmad:

8. Optikal Professor Chaos

See I took it being imbued with his rage, much like the black blade was imbued with madness... through an extract of his very soul.

But we'll agree to disagree, I guess.

I have a question, anyhoo... How do the Gods (Thor, Herc, Ares etc) travel to their historical homes (Olympus / Asgard) ? Is it a form of teleportation? Flight? or something else entirely?

Oh, and are they actual places on Earth or are they based in other dimensions?

9. LouFerignoDemon CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

I was joking. o.o

For Thor though, teleportation.

For Hercules, he climbs, and he sort of phases into Olympus.

They're separate dimensions, or planes of existance.

10. Optikal Professor Chaos

Sorry Mistress, I didn't realise!

How can Herc climb onto another plane of existence? A rope ladder?!

Does Ares ascend in the same way?

11. LouFerignoDemon CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

lol It's cool. I'll be the first to admit in which the frequency I switch between joking, semi-joking, and straight out seriousness changes so much, it's hard to tell where I'm at sometimes.

And Herc just climbs the mountain like everybody else, and he phases into Olympus.

Ares does the same thing. Though I'm sure there's a magic for them to teleport.

12. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Olympus, the dimension in which the Greek/Roman gods lived, is tied to Earth via a portal on top of Mount Olympus in Greece. Although Zeus was certainly capable of teleporting people to and fro as well.

Similarly, Asgard's rainbow bridge has a portal leading to Earth. But to actually get to Asgard, one has to find some way to move across dimensions. Thor has Mjolnir, Sif and Balder had enchanted swords, Loki has magic, etc. Usually, since Odin was watching Earth a lot because Thor was there, he'd just teleport people between Asgard and Earth whenever he wanted.

Although, fun fact: Asgard was depicted as simply being in a far-flung part of the universe for a long time, back before it was definitively said to be in its own dimension. So people could physically travel through space to it, although no one really did. But cosmic threats were said to be threats to Asgard as well, like Galactus or the Black Stars that destroyed the Rigellian Colonizers' homeworld.

13. Havok83 Registered

and she played a role in his mini series in the late 90s when he took over Genosha.

14. JewishHobbit Registered

Oh yeah! Magneto Rex. Forgot about that.

15. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Very strange question for our older members: Do you know when annuals came out in the mid '70s? I've finally hit 1976's Thor issues, but I'm not sure when I'm supposed to read Thor Annual #5 relative to the monthly issues. :huh:

16. Kitsune Fox of Ages

Yeah, but it probably requires frequent flier miles.

17. Joined:
    Dec 15, 2005
    Usually they just call for Zeus or one of the others with teleportation magic to bring them home. The other gods seem to spend all their time around the scrying pool watching the fun anyway.

18. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Ok so
    is the Punisher dead? I just read that Daken dismembered him, but Man-Thing had some little Moloid things grab all the body parts and carry them away. WTF is going on??
    '
    I live very far from a comic store so could someone enlighten me??

19. Shockdingo Symbiote luvin' loon

Well Matt here's what's going on, this is what has been revealed in solits etc:
    Frank is going to become FrankenCastle. They have not revealed who will be rebuilding him, but he's a piecemeal monster and he'll be teaming up with some of the supernatural characters of the Marvel U for a while. Yes I'm serious. :doh:

20. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Ok.......that is officially the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That whole Mephisto Spider-Man thing made more sense. Who the **** is coming up with this ****??

21. Franklin Richards Registered

I think they were summer mags.

:thor: :thor: :thor:

22. Ace of Knaves Registered

Daken killed Punisher?!
    :funny: That's hilarious. What book was this in I MUST see it.

#11597 Ace of Knaves, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Drakon: Oct 29, 2009
  23. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Yeah I'm curious as hell. And then Man-Thing cleaned it up I guess. Marvel has run out of ideas

24. Shockdingo Symbiote luvin' loon

It happened in Dark Reign: The list-Punisher *grumble grumble*

25. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I'll have to buy it so I can properly express how lame I think that is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.