Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now your speaking full on nonsense.

giphy.gif

Now your speaking full on nonsense.

Go back to X-Men Origins. It's a good thing they actually do read comments. Our opinions do count.

Some of these studio heads have no idea what they are doing. Fox in particular has been a a studio who has listened to comments and has had a much better outcome because of it. Now some of you want to congratulate them on not listening to you? Or say it's ok to make horrible decisions like killing Emma Frost offscreen? Or making Deadpool a lazer beaming mute? Those are trash decisions.

How do you think Deadpool even got greenlit? It wasn't through positivity.

Sometimes their damage control isn't good though, like dubbing over "Van Damme" as "Doom" in the final FF film. That's just hilariously desperate, like that could have saved such a film.

Last edited:
Listening to a general sense of disappointment is one thing (without mindlessly pandering - the 'Hail to the King' short following the 'Iron Man 3' outcry is a perfect example of what not to do), listening to every detail people actually write on message boards and comments sections... no.
Just no.
Some people in Hollywood (such as talented screenwriters and directors) are smarter than you think, some people on the Internet are dumber that you think.

So you support them killing A list characters offscreen without respect?

Sounds like now you are trying to pick and choose on the matter. Should the studio actually listen to us when they **** up bad? Cause they have been. And it's worked for the better.
Sometimes their quality control isn't good though, like dubbing over "Van Damme" as "Doom" in the final FF film. That's just hilariously desperate, like that could have saved such a film.

Totally true. And sadly sometimes they are too late, realize their faults and get desperate. But hopefully their lesson is learned so we get something better the next go around. They need to learn.

It's not that difficult to see X-Men fans didn't like Emma Frost getting killed. Or Storm and Psylocke doing nothing. And ultimately this is a huge issue with their own franchise. Much like Deadpool, it's almost always a matter of respect and potential. They want these characters to sell, but they just don't know how alot of the time. Fans usually know when they are dropping the ball, and when the backlash is strong enough....

Last edited:
So you support them killing A list characters offscreen without respect?

Sounds like now you are trying to pick and choose on the matter. Should the studio actually listen to us when they **** up bad? Cause they have been. And it's worked for the better.

Totally true. And sadly sometimes they are too late.

Oh yeah, like Warner Bros. when they got cold feet because people online complained about Batman V Superman being too dark, and quickly reshot and almost completely recut large chunks of Suicide Squad, by even altering character traits and motivations to try to make it lighter and more Marvel Studios-like.

And I repeat:
Deadpool got made thanks to the persistence of Ryan Reynolds, Tim Miller, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who were smart enough to use the on-line crave for the movie (thanks to the leaked test footage) to convince the execs, and thanks to a change in regime at 20th Century Fox, with Emma Watts having the balls to greenlight and support an R-rated comic book adaptation in this day and age and let the filmmakers roll with their vision (and doing it once again with Logan).
Fans may have had a role in getting the ball rolling back when the footage leaked (by showing that there's a demand), but are not what made the movie a great movie. That's all on the producers, writers and director and their crew.

It's just that I read so many dumb complaints online that I hope talented filmmakers don't read too much into it and do their own thing, without worrying what ONE guy sitting in front of his laptop is whining about.

Oh yeah, like Warner Bros. when they got cold feet because people online complained about Batman V Superman being too dark, and quickly reshot and almost completely recut large chunks of Suicide Squad, by even altering character traits and motivations to try to make it lighter and more Marvel Studios-like.

Suicide Squad was crap. Nothing would have changed that. It was a rushed mess through and through.

The marketing for that film though, which did take a cue from Marvel was pretty smart. The marketing was such a success that they tried to make a bad movie more like the trailer. Literally by hiring the post house who cut it.

Last edited:
Suicide Squad was crap. Nothing would have changed that. It was a mess through and through.

You should know how much small changes and re-cuts can profoundly change a movie. I hope you do.

You should know how much small changes and re-cuts can profoundly change a movie. I hope you do.

I know an absolutely horrible mess of a script. Nothing would have helped Suicide Squad except a better script and more time.

David Ayer was certainly capable of more. The film itself relied on the fun and upbeat trailers. That's what it sold, WB got desperate and tried to fix it cause it sucked. In the end it did not put out either way, and would not have because the story was not there to begin with. But hey they got their cash, and most of that was due to their great marketing campaign.

They are in the market of selling dark movies, so tone ain't the issue. Maybe it's a cheap fix for them, but they know very well dark and serious films can sell when the material is there. If they don't have a good script or a film that works well, they get desperate.

Last edited:
l
It's not that difficult to see X-Men fans didn't like Emma Frost getting killed. Or Storm and Psylocke doing nothing. And ultimately this is a huge issue with their own franchise.

Most of bad characters happen to be the female characters. That's why id like a different female producer than LSD and female writers & director's eventually

I know an absolutely horrible mess of a script. Nothing would have helped Suicide Squad except a better script and more time.

So you actually read? Send me the draft via PM, dude! :cwink::woot::oldrazz:

So you actually read? Send me the draft via PM, dude! :cwink::woot::oldrazz:

What is wrong with you dude?

Good luck on your search for some brilliant version of Suicide Squad.

Most of bad characters happen to be the female characters. That's why id like a different female producer than LSD and female writers & director's eventually

Hopefully New Mutants fixes this issue.

X gals should be in stronger force for sure.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Carnahan is a reason for celebration. The only movies of him i liked were Grey and parts of Narc. He is a David Ayer type. More misses than hits yet because they wrote a couple of good films those are the only ones that count despite the fact that they have made more bad ones.

I don't understand why Carnahan is a reason for celebration. The only movies of him i liked were Grey and parts of Narc. He is a David Ayer type. More misses than hits yet because they wrote a couple of good films those are the only ones that count despite the fact that they have made more bad ones.

Maybe because other people like his movies much more than you do. :cwink:
I love Narc, Smokin' Aces, The Grey and Stretch.

X gals should be in stronger force for sure.

Female Ghostbusters Female Ocean's 11 Female Expendables etc etc

FoX should make X-Women thats how you trump Sirens, Wonder Woman, & Captain Marvel

And nobody could even complain about it being Females because its literally the strongest X-Men members anyways. The premise would be very simple. Storm just assembles a team of X-Men that just happens to be all female there's so many members that 5 or 6 female members on a mission shouldn't be out of the ordinary in the first place.

latest

Thank God, because I don't even want to imagine what would come out if filmmakers literally started listening to everything they read on message boards and comments sections.

Listening to everything would be impossible, but you can soon get a general sense of what people did or did NOT like. And many of the suggestions made by passionate fans on boards such as this are articulate, interesting and sensible.

I've never read anyone saying it was good to kill off Emma Frost in that dismissive fashion, And most people say that certain characters in XM:A were shafted - notably Storm, Psylocke and Jubilee. It's rather unsettling to note that those are all the female ethnic minority characters. What happened with Jubilee is a a shame, but more understandable.

And almost everyone here hates what was done with Mystique. She isn't even really Mystique any more. Storm's hero? Horrible, sickening and wrong! Leader of the X-Men? Wrong!

If filmmakers are going to adapt popular material that's been around for 60-plus years, then they have to pay a bit more attention to why it's been around and not think they can butcher and bastardise it.

I'm not sure adaptation is Fox's strong point at times. We all remember what happened with Eragon as well, that was supposed to be a whole franchise.

Time to wake up and smell the comics, i think. Then people wouldn't want the X-Men back at Marvel.

Female Ghostbusters Female Ocean's 11 Female Expendables etc etc

FoX should make X-Women thats how you trump Sirens, Wonder Woman, & Captain Marvel

And nobody could even complain about it being Females because its literally the strongest X-Men members anyways. The premise would be very simple. Storm just assembles a team of X-Men that just happens to be all female there's so many members that 5 or 6 female members on a mission shouldn't be out of the ordinary in the first place.

latest

My roster would consist of

Psylocke
Polaris
Phoenix
Rogue
Dazzler
Storm

With
Jubilee
White Queen
Shadowcat

In smaller or cameo role.

Thank God, because I don't even want to imagine what would come out if filmmakers literally started listening to everything they read on message boards and comments sections.
It doesn't really take reading message boards to know what will piss off fanboys.

Making Mystique poster hero and leader of the X-Men was never going to go well with them.

Making Apocalypse tiny, giving him a different look from the classic one, drowning Oscar Isaac in bad makeup and prosthetics, and not using any CGI to enhance him was also never going to go well with them.

Putting X-Men in black flight suits was never going to go well with them.

Hyping Jubilee up for what was yet another cameo by her was never going to go well with them. Third time Singer wastes her.

Wasting Psylocke and Angel was never going to go well with them.

I could go on.

Good to see we are back to general nonsense mode.

He would've been praised if he did X-WOMEN instead of critized for Female Ghostbusters.

It'd be soooooo cool and show such progress if we got X-MEN in 2000 & now XX-MEN or X-WOMEN in 2020.

Hopefully Sirens starts a trend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"