The Amazing Spider-Man The next TASM game: what do want in it?

more realistic Spidey moves, combos ala Arkham City, more tech/gadgets upgrades, more alternate suits, better, faster web-swinging, better graphics, more cinematics, more random crime-fighting side missions, a refined web-rush mechanic & Also, For God's Sake, the possiblity of the whole gameplay on a FPS POV, not just the part as Parker, i mean it would be awesome if we can play as Spidey on a FPS POV, or if its possible to switch the POV'S.
And also, everything said by @Oscorp, @Supa & @Kbrooksgohan. Voilà, thats all, i think, we need for a better Spidey Game.

They need unlimited random crimes in free roam. I really liked this game, and then the random crime dried up and free roam feels pretty damn pointless.

*An updated version of SM2's swinging dammit. I miss not being able to suspend myself above the street on two weblines, or use a second webline to change my direction mid swing (Like Tobey during the first swing sequence where he narrowly avoids hitting the window/building. SM2 allowed you to do that)

*SM2's ability to tether a helicopter and be dragged through the air behind it, rather than just having you sit on the side of it. Once you tether the flying helicopter, you should be able to gradually climb up the line and reach the side of it. This could be extended to other objects too, like Smythe's flying robots or even boats for some jet ski action.
Smythes flying robots were too easy to webrush. You should be required to be closer to them for it to work, since they are moving objects. Also, moving cars should require you to be much closer to them in order to webrush. All the fun was taken out of car chases by allowing you to jump straight to them from a block away. I always try to challenge myself by swinging onto the roof of the car or jumping to it from a near by streetlight.

*Greater variety of random crimes that are always available, plus more random encounters with enemies and super villains all accross the map.

*Better wall crawling. An option for increased speed, and maybe the ability to decend without changing your orientation (ie. crawl down the wall backwards). I'd like it if you did a 'friction slide' when you stick to a wall while falling or moving quickly, rather than instantly stopping.

*Ground based acrobatics. Handsprings, horizontal jumps and a bullet dodge.

*Improved webrush. More dynamic, variable animations (short distance jumps) and quicker camera transitions especially between surfaces. Also reduce the distance from which you are allowed to webrush enemies and moving objects, as I mentioned with the cars.

*Choice between multiple stealth takedowns. Sometimes I want to stick a guy to the floor, in ASM enemies will actually be alerted upon discovering someone webbed up, this can be useful sometimes.

*An updated form of WOS's webstrike, with a 2-3 person chain limit.

*Ability to deploy webs in the environment between two points. This can be used to create a tightrope (like Arkham city's line launcher), a line for civilians to climb, a means to hold objects in place or it can be used to create a simple foundation on which to create a large web.

*Peter Parker mode with public transportation for instant travel across the map, and the ability to change into Spider-man when out of sight. I actually think a small wanted system (similar to gta) would be good, at least at certain parts of the game for creating some police chases. You could duck out of sight and switch to Parker in order to lose them.

*More involved currency system needed to purchase upgrades and consumables. Some form of limitation on webbing, and a focus on Spidey's ability to navigate without webbing.

Instead of just "beat up thugs, car chase, falling guy" I'd like for them to combine the missions so it doesn't feel so linear. It starts with a random store robbery, you beat up the thugs inside, but a few of them get into their car. Remember how in Spider-man 2 there were bad guy hideouts? Instead of just randomly driving around, the getaway cars are actually trying to get to a hide out while shooting you off. But sometimes a stray bullet his a wire holding a window washer up and he starts to fall, so you use the webrush to go save him, then go swing back to the car. If they get to the hideout, you can still beat them, but there's more guys, and they all have guns, so you would want to use stealth.

And this wouldn't happen everytime you stop a store robbery.
Sometimes, the thugs grab hostages and when they look away for a second, you web-retreat and take them out stealthy. (This would probably only work in bigger stores, but whatever.)
They could combine all the randomly generated crimes that we've done time and time again into new interesting missions. The special missions like these would be found similar to how you found missions in ASM, so you can still get 100% bonuses, but there'd be randomly generated crimes too, some of them just normal car chases, and some of them copies of the missions.

What is annoying for me is spiderman's stiffness. He can't wall run along walls...he can't do a simple back flip, he can do a double jump or somersault. I also think that firing webs should have some rumble to it.

They are mechanical. The game isn't bad but it could be alot better.

They need unlimited random crimes in free roam. I really liked this game, and then the random crime dried up and free roam feels pretty damn pointless.

Yeah, this. Really.

I still like the swinging from SM2 the most because it was a complex system that took time to master (don't like that if you hold the swing button you just keep swinging continuously, there's no real skill needed) and there wasn't really enough variation when Spidey is flying in the air after letting go of a web (just basically the same darn animation every time and for every swing).

*Peter Parker mode with public transportation for instant travel across the map, and the ability to change into Spider-man when out of sight. I actually think a small wanted system (similar to gta) would be good, at least at certain parts of the game for creating some police chases. You could duck out of sight and switch to Parker in order to lose them.

I LOVE this idea.

This won't happen in the ASM2 game, but it would be cool to have a Sinister Six fight. As in, all of them at once. There was a boss battle mode in Spider-man 2 where you fought Doc Ock, Rhino and Calypso all at once, they could do that but doubled. Enable them to hurt eachother too, so you could make Rhino charge into Kraven, or make Ock's tentacles smack the crap out of Mysterio

Instead of talking about what we want in the next ASM2 game, I think it'd be more fun to discuss what we want in the next Spidey game, because I think Beenox will release another one before ASM2 (unfortunately, because of Activision's policy of releasing one a year)

Do you think that beenox next game(not ASM2) that they'll use ASM's games engine? Or shattered dimensions? Think it'll be free roam?

Do you think that beenox next game(not ASM2) that they'll use ASM's games engine? Or shattered dimensions? Think it'll be free roam?

It needs to be, or it will be shat on in reviews and among fans. I really can't see them go back to the SD style again for a long time.

Someone has real good ideas for a new Spider-Man game
[YT]Jtu0pcXeldg[/YT]

My thoughts
  • Changing into Spider-Man anytime is a pretty old idea, we still wait to see it happen
  • Breaking limbs isn't friendly, but with Spidey's strength it's very hard not to break any
  • Changes other than damage to the costume, a good idea, but will he use health ointments? Like Resident Evil games?
  • Laundry for fixing the suit? Beenox got it better by going to an apartment
  • I like the origin story in a game, but that would be really really long, JRPG long
  • Money, some fans were looking for this since the SM vs Kingpin Sega game, an idea I like
  • Thumbs up for scare factor, I like getting the henchmen terrified
  • Variety mentioned here is a must
  • I want the people thing, not so badly, but I also want birds, like in AC games
  • Poor people in the alleys, excellent idea
  • Yes for more combat moves, same as countering more than one enemy at a time
  • Indoors, I'm invested in the idea, hope for it
Basically I agree with a lot of what this one said

Better boss fights and a more detailed city. I thought gameplay, swinging, and the story was good enough, no major improvements there. I would like more details in the game too.

Nah, you joined before me on here :p

I think we're cut from the same tree, have a knack for joining forums about things we like. And I mean a lot of forums.

I'm pacmanate on Ubisoft forums! You should know me ;-)

Take him out of high school. It was barely believable that Garfield at 28 was a high school student. Magurie was long in the tooth at 25, but Raimi smartly moved him to being a college student. The next films should take place like 5 years later, where spidey has developed a reputation in the public both good and bad, and Peter is now a grad student.

Take him out of high school. It was barely believable that Garfield at 28 was a high school student. Magurie was long in the tooth at 25, but Raimi smartly moved him to being a college student. The next films should take place like 5 years later, where spidey has developed a reputation in the public both good and bad, and Peter is now a grad student.

Eh, Andrew looked more like a high school teenager than Tobey ever did. Andrew acted just like any 17 year old kid would, and had the look.

Last edited:

Isn't this about the game?

I haven't played the first game, but how 'bout this? You have a webbing bar that degrades very gradually over time. Webslinging barely takes out much - unless you're going from one end of the city to another - but using webs for combat depletes it more. When it runs low, you have to complete Daily Bugle mini-missions in order to raise the cash to "buy" new webbing.

I haven't played the first game, but how 'bout this? You have a webbing bar that degrades very gradually over time. Webslinging barely takes out much - unless you're going from one end of the city to another - but using webs for combat depletes it more. When it runs low, you have to complete Daily Bugle mini-missions in order to raise the cash to "buy" new webbing.

NO. it hampers the flow of gameplay, and it's annoying. SM1 had it, and I hated it.

No, SM1 had a quickly diminishing webbing bar which required you to find web "tokens" around the map.

it's still unnecessary though. That's like putting an endurance meter on the next Arkham game where every 30 minutes Batman would have to sit down for a burger break. It disrupts gameplay. I shouldn't have to think about my webbing because it's a video-game, not a Spider-Man simulator.

They should just re-release the Spider-Man game that was made in the year 2000 for Playstation with updated graphics and bonus content. Now that would be awesome.

They should just re-release the Spider-Man game that was made in the year 2000 for Playstation with updated graphics and bonus content. Now that would be awesome.

I agree. Same swinging and all. I'd totally pay for that

it's still unnecessary though. That's like putting an endurance meter on the next Arkham game where every 30 minutes Batman would have to sit down for a burger break. It disrupts gameplay. I shouldn't have to think about my webbing because it's a video-game, not a Spider-Man simulator.
In shooters, you run out of ammo. This is no different. Except that I'm proposing that A. it takes longer and B. can be easily avoided by doing a quick side mission (i.e. go here, set up camera, stop crime, ???, profit).

I agree. Same swinging and all. I'd totally pay for that
As long as they don't go the GoldenEye route and try to literally remake the game. It would have to be the same video game. Only change would be graphics, and actually have the people open their mouths when they speak, and allow them to be able to move their fingers and not walk around with fists all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"