The Amazing Spider-Man The next TASM game: what do want in it?

In shooters, you run out of ammo. This is no different. Except that I'm proposing that A. it takes longer and B. can be easily avoided by doing a quick side mission (i.e. go here, set up camera, stop crime, ???, profit).

I would do that sort of side mission as incentive to upgrade or enhance my web-shooters, but having them able to just run out completely would be game-breaking to me.

I would do that sort of side mission as incentive to upgrade or enhance my web-shooters, but having them able to just run out completely would be game-breaking to me.
Okay, I can see it as an upgrade type thing. Only question is: what would the upgrades do? Faster swinging, more varied web attacks? Could definitely work. I also agree that they need to adopt SM2 webswinging. I'm sorry, but my webs need to connect to something.

Instead of the web-shooters just being out, when you are completely depleted, Spidey goes into a lengthy reload animation that would leave you vulnerable and you'd only have one cartridge. You could go on that as long as you like, but going back home and reloading is ideal. You could also get upgrades in secret labs to lower the amount of web needed.

You'd know what would be cool to see in a Spidey game not related to the movies? Marvel landmarks like the Baxter Building, Avengers mansion or Xavier's school. Likely to happen in the 616 game we're never getting, but it would be cool.

Okay, I can see it as an upgrade type thing. Only question is: what would the upgrades do? Faster swinging, more varied web attacks? Could definitely work. I also agree that they need to adopt SM2 webswinging. I'm sorry, but my webs need to connect to something.
Since we're on the topic of the PS1 game, fire or electric webbing. Not really Spidey's style, but c'mon, it'd be hilarious to set goons on fire and watch 'em go crazy.

Instead of the web-shooters just being out, when you are completely depleted, Spidey goes into a lengthy reload animation that would leave you vulnerable and you'd only have one cartridge. You could go on that as long as you like, but going back home and reloading is ideal. You could also get upgrades in secret labs to lower the amount of web needed.

You'd know what would be cool to see in a Spidey game not related to the movies? Marvel landmarks like the Baxter Building, Avengers mansion or Xavier's school. Likely to happen in the 616 game we're never getting, but it would be cool.
I thought of something like that, too: that a cartridge could run out mid-fight, leaving you web-less until you decided to refill. And, as you suggested, the refill option requires you to be still and untouched for a few seconds, which leaves you completely vulnerable. But you could choose to keep fighting without webs, and simply reload once the threat had passed.

Didn't USM have Marvel landmarks? I know it definitely had the Baxter Building and Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum. Can't have Xavier's Mansion, though, because that's upstate NY, not Manhattan.

Someone has real good ideas for a new Spider-Man game
[YT]Jtu0pcXeldg[/YT]

My thoughts
  • Changing into Spider-Man anytime is a pretty old idea, we still wait to see it happen
  • Breaking limbs isn't friendly, but with Spidey's strength it's very hard not to break any
  • Changes other than damage to the costume, a good idea, but will he use health ointments? Like Resident Evil games?
  • Laundry for fixing the suit? Beenox got it better by going to an apartment
  • I like the origin story in a game, but that would be really really long, JRPG long
  • Money, some fans were looking for this since the SM vs Kingpin Sega game, an idea I like
  • Thumbs up for scare factor, I like getting the henchmen terrified
  • Variety mentioned here is a must
  • I want the people thing, not so badly, but I also want birds, like in AC games
  • Poor people in the alleys, excellent idea
  • Yes for more combat moves, same as countering more than one enemy at a time
  • Indoors, I'm invested in the idea, hope for it
Basically I agree with a lot of what this one said
I actually commented on the video and said that it'd make more sense by Peter going to a fabric store to get supplies to fix up the suit.

I want the developers to spend more time crafting a unique combat system and better, more varied indoor environments instead of tinkering with the webswinging! It was perfected 8 years ago! Stop pouring all of your time into that. Make the city busier, and have more varied side missions. More interesting boss fights, and keep the upgrade system, just branch it out and make more customizable for the player.

I want all the babbling in fights to have some affect and rattle enemies, if it didn't happen here, or he should just shut up and quit babbling when mocking thugs

I haven't played the first game, but how 'bout this? You have a webbing bar that degrades very gradually over time. Webslinging barely takes out much - unless you're going from one end of the city to another - but using webs for combat depletes it more. When it runs low, you have to complete Daily Bugle mini-missions in order to raise the cash to "buy" new webbing.

I'd hate to have to buy new webbing. Though, what I'd like is for a webbing bar like that you mentioned, and when it runs out you'll have an animation where Spidey reloads his shooters and while doing this you can't block nor attack so you're very vulnerable. In the middle of a fight you'd have to web retreat to reload your shooters in safety.

it's still unnecessary though. That's like putting an endurance meter on the next Arkham game where every 30 minutes Batman would have to sit down for a burger break. It disrupts gameplay. I shouldn't have to think about my webbing because it's a video-game, not a Spider-Man simulator.

Hahahhaa I got a very funny picture in my head!

But why not actually have the bio-cable stuff from the movie and have Peter buy box of it or get some from Gwen (not like that!)

I haven't finished the game yet, but in my opinion what this game is missing and what the next game needs is more balloon missions.

I haven't finished the game yet, but in my opinion what this game is missing and what the next game needs is more balloon missions.
Grand majority of people I see online say that mission should never return

1. NO ROBOTS

2. MORE MORE MORE COSTUMES!

3. Stuff to do after story is finished. (besides free roam, more things like the rhino challenge, etc.)

4. I would love to see Vulture, electro, mysterio, morbius, etc.

5. Return of Stan lee, Bruce campbell

6. Ability to run out of webs. (there have been previous spidey games where you have web cartridges, you run out, you collect some, etc.)

7. more accurate manhattan, one of my biggest complaints.

8. More complicated combat (not necessarily more complicated, just a little more challenging)

9. Maybe have shocker do petty crimes?

10. Bring back races

11. have the ability to explore queens not just manhattan

12. More gadgets like spider-tracers

13. Have Andrew Garfield voice spider-man.

I had a few ideas that could have been added to the current game but decided some of this stuff is also applicable to this as well so I'll post it here as well...

- A Crime pack – A pack that adds a ton of petty crimes around NYC. As well makes the usual crimes (car chases and thugs attacking civilians) last beyond story mode and stuff. New ideas for possible crimes or things to do include
· Gang wars (like in spider-man 2, 3 and WoS)
· More bank robberies or jewellery thieves (on a lesser scale to the Black Cat one)
· Hostage taking (sometimes this is with the bank robberies or sometimes someone throws a person off a building and you have to web rush the hostage to save them)
· Hijacking (these happen randomly and are similar to car chases except not needing to land on a police car to start it)
· Riots (police vs bad guys)
· Drugs trafficking (group of thugs with crates of whatever and you beat them up…obviously…)
· Prison break (like the mental patients there’s about 50 who escape and when you find them you beat them up and either take them to the police or web them to the wall for the police to catch)
· Arson (building on fire and you have to track the arsonist down somehow.) Sometimes there’s people trapped in the buildings and you have to save them.
· Cats in trees (this may seem like a cliché but now and again it’d be cool to do this…it’s a small thing but not as stupid as saving a child’s balloon…that is awful.

· Vulture bonus pack – This pack involves a side mission that reveals that another cross-species (One that doesn’t spread infection) escaped Oscorp, the Vulture. Having been spotted creating a nest somewhere, you go to that location to find out that it’s actually an employee of Oscorp, Adrian Toomes, using tech he had been creating in secret using Oscorps labs and money to create a huge bird like flight suit in an attempt to create a revolutionary new means of transport. But he was being underpaid and underestimated by Oscorp so he decided that he could use the cross-species breakout as a means of committing crimes under the disguise as a dangerous animal. You battle him on top of the ESB and have to web rush and web shoot him. Then you chase him across the city fighting him (kinda like fighting the hunters in the game) to different locations, sometimes you damage his suit and he needs to land on a rooftop to rest/repair which is when you hit him. You finally defeat him on top of Oscorps rooftop, the suit is wrecked and he plummets to his death and you have to rescue him. Then you turn him into the police.

· Mini bosses pack – Maybe adds 3 or 4 ‘mini-bosses’ out and about in the city commiting various crimes. These bosses would be recognisable lesser-known spidey villians. For example you could have Jack-O-Lantern robbing a bank with goons (his origin basically same as 616 wears a dark green military-esque uniform with jack o lantern on head in a way to encourage fear). Or how about Jackel as a crazy new criminal intent on just causing havoc who you end up locking up in the same ward as Dr Connors. Shocker could appear several times, he appear as a petty thief who has these gauntlets that send out vibrations but is easy to defeat. He escapes police custody several times until you finish him off and take him to the prison yourself (basically the ultimate version of himself but with a makeshift version of his 616 costume). The Enforcers can also show up as a group of thugs collecting debts of innocent people and stuff. They are harder to defeat than a normal group of thugs, especially Ox. Silver Sable and her wild pack, employed by Norman Osborn to catch spider-man appear on rooftops and helicopters. Trapster using his adhesive substances to rob banks and immobilize police officers and cars. You can get stuck in these and you have to press the square button continuously to escape. He’s in a car chase at one point and you fight him when you take out his car. There’s a lot of possible stuff to add and even one of these a month for about the same price as the Stan Lee bonus pack would be great.

Costume bundle bonus pack
· 616 classic suit
· 616 black symbiotic suit
· Ultimate red and blue suit
· Ultimate black symbiotic suit
· Bombastic Bag man suit
· Iron Spider suit
· 2099 suit
· Noir suit
· Scarlet Spider suit

Other things –
· Webs stick to buildings…duh
· Web rush be a bit more fluid and variable…I hate sometimes how I seem to always leap off a water tower the same way. Plus tone down the use of webs for certain web rushes like using webs to leap from one wall to the nest (indoors) or just a few feet in front of you
· Web yoyo
· Web slingshot/ hold on to two webs at the same time
· More photo missons
· Do things with Gwen, for example take her on dates (well web swing there then skip over the date later til later on…and stuff) or thrill rides like in Spider-man 3.
· Hang baddies from lampposts
· Larger NYC, allow us to go to Queens and stuff.
· Allow us to swim in the water
· Allow us to hold onto a webline and do loops and stuff (add cranes around the city to allow for this)
· Sprint button. Wall crawling and running is too slow. Also when holding this button and jumping you leap further forwards rather than upwards.
· Free running/parkour….I’d love this to be incorporated into web rush. Also it becomes automatic when holding the sprint button.
· Add more variation to the combat system such as being able to web people’s faces, grab people and throw them into each other (not web rodeo), land on peoples shoulders and back flip them into the air, throw them into dumpsters and trash and just generally move different moves and of course…the web slinging kick. It’d be cool if when swinging and holding onto a web (you can web rush a baddie and then perform a flawless swing kick)
· Being able to do tricks while swinging/web rushing/wall crawling.
· Climb up web lines
· More quipping! So much more quipping is needed.
· More things happening in NYC, like parades happening around thanksgiving time (based on your consoles date/time, construction sites, being able to enter different buildings
· More races and fight challenges. See how many thugs you can defeat in a certain amount of time.
· Play as Peter Parker

And there’s more but can’t be bothered to add more now I’m so tired…

I like the whole running out of web shooter thing, but only on missions. Not when your free swinging around town.

I DON'T want webs to stick to buildings. I would like it to stay the same way it is in ASM.

I had a few ideas that could have been added to the current game but decided some of this stuff is also applicable to this as well so I'll post it here as well...

- A Crime pack – A pack that adds a ton of petty crimes around NYC. As well makes the usual crimes (car chases and thugs attacking civilians) last beyond story mode and stuff. New ideas for possible crimes or things to do include
· Gang wars (like in spider-man 2, 3 and WoS)
· More bank robberies or jewellery thieves (on a lesser scale to the Black Cat one)
· Hostage taking (sometimes this is with the bank robberies or sometimes someone throws a person off a building and you have to web rush the hostage to save them)
· Hijacking (these happen randomly and are similar to car chases except not needing to land on a police car to start it)
· Riots (police vs bad guys)
· Drugs trafficking (group of thugs with crates of whatever and you beat them up…obviously…)
· Prison break (like the mental patients there’s about 50 who escape and when you find them you beat them up and either take them to the police or web them to the wall for the police to catch)
· Arson (building on fire and you have to track the arsonist down somehow.) Sometimes there’s people trapped in the buildings and you have to save them.
· Cats in trees (this may seem like a cliché but now and again it’d be cool to do this…it’s a small thing but not as stupid as saving a child’s balloon…that is awful.

· Vulture bonus pack – This pack involves a side mission that reveals that another cross-species (One that doesn’t spread infection) escaped Oscorp, the Vulture. Having been spotted creating a nest somewhere, you go to that location to find out that it’s actually an employee of Oscorp, Adrian Toomes, using tech he had been creating in secret using Oscorps labs and money to create a huge bird like flight suit in an attempt to create a revolutionary new means of transport. But he was being underpaid and underestimated by Oscorp so he decided that he could use the cross-species breakout as a means of committing crimes under the disguise as a dangerous animal. You battle him on top of the ESB and have to web rush and web shoot him. Then you chase him across the city fighting him (kinda like fighting the hunters in the game) to different locations, sometimes you damage his suit and he needs to land on a rooftop to rest/repair which is when you hit him. You finally defeat him on top of Oscorps rooftop, the suit is wrecked and he plummets to his death and you have to rescue him. Then you turn him into the police.

· Mini bosses pack – Maybe adds 3 or 4 ‘mini-bosses’ out and about in the city commiting various crimes. These bosses would be recognisable lesser-known spidey villians. For example you could have Jack-O-Lantern robbing a bank with goons (his origin basically same as 616 wears a dark green military-esque uniform with jack o lantern on head in a way to encourage fear). Or how about Jackel as a crazy new criminal intent on just causing havoc who you end up locking up in the same ward as Dr Connors. Shocker could appear several times, he appear as a petty thief who has these gauntlets that send out vibrations but is easy to defeat. He escapes police custody several times until you finish him off and take him to the prison yourself (basically the ultimate version of himself but with a makeshift version of his 616 costume). The Enforcers can also show up as a group of thugs collecting debts of innocent people and stuff. They are harder to defeat than a normal group of thugs, especially Ox. Silver Sable and her wild pack, employed by Norman Osborn to catch spider-man appear on rooftops and helicopters. Trapster using his adhesive substances to rob banks and immobilize police officers and cars. You can get stuck in these and you have to press the square button continuously to escape. He’s in a car chase at one point and you fight him when you take out his car. There’s a lot of possible stuff to add and even one of these a month for about the same price as the Stan Lee bonus pack would be great.

Costume bundle bonus pack
· 616 classic suit
· 616 black symbiotic suit
· Ultimate red and blue suit
· Ultimate black symbiotic suit
· Bombastic Bag man suit
· Iron Spider suit
· 2099 suit
· Noir suit
· Scarlet Spider suit

Other things –
· Webs stick to buildings…duh
· Web rush be a bit more fluid and variable…I hate sometimes how I seem to always leap off a water tower the same way. Plus tone down the use of webs for certain web rushes like using webs to leap from one wall to the nest (indoors) or just a few feet in front of you
· Web yoyo
· Web slingshot/ hold on to two webs at the same time
· More photo missons
· Do things with Gwen, for example take her on dates (well web swing there then skip over the date later til later on…and stuff) or thrill rides like in Spider-man 3.
· Hang baddies from lampposts
· Larger NYC, allow us to go to Queens and stuff.
· Allow us to swim in the water
· Allow us to hold onto a webline and do loops and stuff (add cranes around the city to allow for this)
· Sprint button. Wall crawling and running is too slow. Also when holding this button and jumping you leap further forwards rather than upwards.
· Free running/parkour….I’d love this to be incorporated into web rush. Also it becomes automatic when holding the sprint button.
· Add more variation to the combat system such as being able to web people’s faces, grab people and throw them into each other (not web rodeo), land on peoples shoulders and back flip them into the air, throw them into dumpsters and trash and just generally move different moves and of course…the web slinging kick. It’d be cool if when swinging and holding onto a web (you can web rush a baddie and then perform a flawless swing kick)
· Being able to do tricks while swinging/web rushing/wall crawling.
· Climb up web lines
· More quipping! So much more quipping is needed.
· More things happening in NYC, like parades happening around thanksgiving time (based on your consoles date/time, construction sites, being able to enter different buildings
· More races and fight challenges. See how many thugs you can defeat in a certain amount of time.
· Play as Peter Parker

And there’s more but can’t be bothered to add more now I’m so tired…

Wow, a lot of good ideas in here, I agree with more varied web-rush animations, and the Vulture and mini-boss stuff sounds neat. I can't wait to see what Beenox will bring to the table in the next game.

I'm posting everything I want in this Thread on Hero HQ. Would be great if all of you could re-post your ideas and wants there.

Because, in my experience, the Spider-Man games that had the webs stick to buildings made me feel like some dude trying to be spider-man but failing because he kept slamming into buildings, while I actually feel like Spider-Man in ASM.

Because, in my experience, the Spider-Man games that had the webs stick to buildings made me feel like some dude trying to be spider-man but failing because he kept slamming into buildings, while I actually feel like Spider-Man in ASM.
But that's the whole point. Like anybody, you suck at it to begin with. But after enough practice, you're swinging with the best of 'em. Anchorless swinging is almost a deal-breaker for me.

Well, I actually can't say that I feel like Spider-Man in ASM since I haven't played it yet (Aug 10th for PC), but I spoke my experience with games that had the webs stick to buildings for PC.

Also, from what I saw, ASM has better falling and swinging animations anyway.. I dunno, I just don't want webs sticking to building unless it can actually be done right.

Beenox said that they actually did have webs attaching to buildings before, and that they removed it because it wasn't what they wanted. I think that if they can add it in, but have it be just as fun as it looks in ASM, it'll be in ASM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"