The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, duh. I actually saw some of those Eureka episodes. :doh:

Yeah, Callis for Doc Magnus. Just the right mix of brilliance and sexual deviancy. :up:

I'd like if they made her his hard as nails, bang every broad that moves, "what chu talkin' bout Willis" whenever he pulls some insane theory out of his ass, side kick. The Watson to his Sherlock. The Archie Goodwin to his Nero Wolf, the Eames to his Goran, the Detective Becket to his Richard Castle.

Smexy, Lesbian assistant is what I'm getting at here. :o

I would buy the **** out of a series like that it sounds like it would be fabulous :up:

don't read a lot of comics but I always wondered, who is the most powerful villain in the DC universe? The most powerful being in general?

Technically, God is a character in the DCU. And if life has taught us anything, it's that that dude rides the line between hero and villain regularly.

Ah I see, what about in terms of straight villains?

In he subject of God has there any story lines something to do with God or as such? Any appearences or nods?

What's going on with Batman, Inc.? Post FlashPoint. Is it still going on, taking a break, restarting? What gives?

Batman INC takes place before the reboot, and then it will take place after the reboot. Confusing as hell huh? Yeah. :o

Ah I see, what about in terms of straight villains?

In he subject of God has there any story lines something to do with God or as such? Any appearences or nods?

Hard to say. A lot of really powerful beings have shown up every now and then only to get owned in recent years because certain writers have trouble writing powerful characters. Anti-Monitor or whatever the hell he's going by these days. I think I heard he was more powerful than God now or whatever..I don't know....Nekron might be up there. Ares is pretty powerful thanks to sentient beings inability to stop going to war with each other. The Dark Lord Mordru is really powerful....sometimes. Honestly, it's hard to say.

As far as good stories with God, well, he played a pretty significant role in Lucifer. Also there was that time when Asmodel the Bull Angel lead a buncha rogue Angels against Earth, and Superman totally wrestled his ass to a standstill......God wasn't really in it, but, he was totally doing that stand around and watch while people get killed thing he does. :o

I like to think that Mr. Mxyzptlk is the DCU's God proper.

Even if he's not God, Mxy is still one of the most powerful dudes around the DCU, with the power to to easily enslave the Spectre, Darkseid, Highfather, Zeus, Shazam, Ganthet (I'm willing to bet that the Anti-Monitor is no threat to him whatsoever either), and he exists beyond the multiverse with knowledge that he is a comic character and is able to interact with writers.

Last edited:
God being a wacky guy in a bowler hat who just wants to have fun would be :awesome:

What do you guys think about DC changing Captain Marvel's name to Shazam?

I think it's about time they did it, I always thought that sounded better as a name anyway.

Steve. :o

They had already did it when Freddie was SHAZAM anyway.

I have no idea what the Wizard's name is going to be. Maybe it won't change, who knows?

So, it'll be Shazam Jr., Mary Shazam, and Uncle Shazam, too?

If they bring Mary back, she'll likely be evil again.

If they're brought back, probably. I've always thought that the Marvel family thing was kind of stupid.

Question: How many people have dodged Darkseid's omega beams?

Batman did it in the cartoon. From what I found after I saw that, he's the only person ever to do that (of course :dry: )

Supergirl did it in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse when she turned Darkseid's Omega Beams against him too. So no one's done it in the comics?

Nobody has to dodge em. These days they're nothing more than slightly more painful lasers. :o

DODGE.jpg

If they're brought back, probably. I've always thought that the Marvel family thing was kind of stupid.

But the Marvel Family being so silly and stupid was what made them so damn fun. The day DC started taking them too seriously was the day they went downhill.

Flash dodged them in the last issue of JLA.

There seems to be 3 forces in the DC Universe: regular, anti, and dark. There has been a regular, anti, and dark monitor. There's regular, anti, and dark matter. And each of these seems to have a big bad, Regular is Darkseid. Dark is Nekron. Anti is Anti-Monitor.
Say what you will about Final Crisis, but it gave Darkseid the push into the DCU's ultimate villain, and he deserved that. Anti-Monitor, to me, is no more of a villain than a sun-eater. It's just his nature to wipe things out, whereas Darkseid strives to be the embodiment of evil.

This. Morrison made Kirby loveliness into Kirby loveliness mating with Morrison craziness, the results were orgasmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"