The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since when did Superman kill? I thought he always found another way.

He killed pocket Zod, he killed Doomsday twice he killed Dax Novu, he killed Mandrakk, he killed Darkseid.

If a situation is written where there is no other way (such as Man of Steel) Superman has shown he will kill.

I've not read any New 52 WHen did he kill Darkseid?

Has PowerGirl ever been to Apokolips?

I've not read any New 52 WHen did he kill Darkseid?

It wasn't new 52, it was during Final Crisis. It was kind of a combination of Batman, Superman, and the Flashes.

Someone mentioned that multicolored kryptonite is still used... I'm pretty confident that no other forms of kryptonite have been shown in the New 52. I could be wrong, but as far as we know, green is the only one that exists in this continuity

Red and Blue was used in Morrison's Action Comics run

So, since when did Superman kill? I thought he always found another way.

Generally, he doesn't kill, it's not like a normal, run-of-the-mill thing.

But he totally has killed.

I don't know where people are getting this boos**t that he hasn't.

Well, to be fair, it's pretty rare, so it's not hard to see how people would assume so.

He killed pocket Zod, he killed Doomsday twice he killed Dax Novu, he killed Mandrakk, he killed Darkseid.

If a situation is written where there is no other way (such as Man of Steel) Superman has shown he will kill.

what's "pocket Zod?"

There have been about 12,000 versions of Zod that have come and gone in the DCU since Superman II (most writers like to pretend any previous versions didn't exist before making up their own), and one of them came from a pocket universe.

Joker's past is multiple choice.

Though the chemist turned comedian who gets into Loan sharks who force him to become the Red Hood to pay off his debts whose pregnant wife gets blowed up by said crooks after The Batman busts up their heist and he gets tossed into a vat that bleaches his skin and turns his hair green and gives him a f**ked up grin for life is the origin that is most often used.

Of course after the reboot, who the f**k knows at this point?

I read that The Killing Joke was still canon.

The killing of the pocket universe zod was a horrible mistake on behalf of DC, which was thankfully recognized and retconned out of continuity. And doomsday was a non-sentient genetic experiment who doesn't even have organs, so that doesn't really count either.

Doomsday is sentient which was explored in the Hunter/Prey series when he kept shouting Metropolis at Superman.

Doomsday was retroactively sentient. When it was first introduced and killed, it wasn't even something I'd qualify as a character.

It was something applied by his original writer. So it shouldn't be considered retroactive, merely a reveal.

Not that it changes that Superman still killed him again after discovering his sentience and he still killed Dax Novu and Darkseid.

MoS Spoilers!

[BLACKOUT]My big problem with it is not necessarily that he killed- which he has indeed done in very exceptional circumstances- but that he killed at the end of his very first film. A film that was supposed to remind everyone who and what Superman is, what he's all about, and why he's so awesome.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Pocket Zod, that name always makes me think of Pocket Puppies.

Or wait, I think it was actually just called Puppy in my Pocket. I'm thinking of Pound Puppies. Yeah, that's right.

The killing of the pocket universe zod was a horrible mistake on behalf of DC, which was thankfully recognized and retconned out of continuity. And doomsday was a non-sentient genetic experiment who doesn't even have organs, so that doesn't really count either.

Retconned or not, he still killed people.

And or course, there were others.

MoS Spoilers!

[BLACKOUT]My big problem with it is not necessarily that he killed- which he has indeed done in very exceptional circumstances- but that he killed at the end of his very first film. A film that was supposed to remind everyone who and what Superman is, what he's all about, and why he's so awesome.[/BLACKOUT]
That's what happens when you make an origin movie that's also its own sequel.

Retconned or not, he still killed people.

And or course, there were others.

you cant hold something against a character that was retconned out of continuity. thats the point of retconning....it no longer applies.

Well by that logic you can't hold him not killing people against him killing somebody in a movie which has nothing to do with comic book continuity. :o

But actually, yes. You can. And the only reason it was even retconned is because he got rebooted.

you cant hold something against a character that was retconned out of continuity. thats the point of retconning....it no longer applies.

You can't? I mean, it happened in a different continuity, but it happened. Just like he killed Braniac/Lex at the end of What Ever Happened to cap off the end of the classic version of the character. That happened too. Once it's in print, it's there. Spidey hit MJ. Cap killed people in WWII. Batman shot mofo's. It happened.....or as much as any kinda fictional crap can happen.

Superman can and will kill folks whenever he sees fit to do so.

It just so happens he has like, a bazillion super powers and the need doesn't come up that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"