The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 3

Have they ever had someone host that wasn't an actor or musician?
Some politicians as well as athletes. It's a shame we never got a Neil Degrasse Tyson back when he was a huge presence in pop culture.

I'm not gonna bash Musk, he's done some decent stuff but it's obvious he's trying to be a real world Tony Stark.

Dude... He's a investor, not an inventor. He's not like Tony stark at all.

Musk is Tony Stark if Tony Stark bought out the Iron Man suit from someone else and part of the agreement was that he could tell everyone he built the Iron Man suit.

"Persona" isn't very good at all, most people think he's quirky/ on spectrum. that Joe Rogan pot smoking interview didn't help his perception at all.

And as far as "getting attention", that shouldn't be a legit measuring stick post-Trump.

Musk is where he is because he hired competent, smart, innovative people making other peoples ideas tangible with his money.

He's not making battlesuits in a cave under his mansion to fight crime.

If Tony Stark was a real person, I’m sure the majority of people on this forum would hate him (at least his pre-Iron Man life).

I mean, look at the outrage when Marvel tried to do some little corporate team up with Northup Grumman, a weapons manufacturer. He cares very little for his workers, that much is obvious, like any other rich CEO. I find that he has fans like a few other "tech gurus" because he is trying to exploit space very creepy.

I’m eagerly anticipating both of them! :eek::mrk:

Those hosts are great, but Lil Nas X is definitely going to be a ride...

I think Keegan Michael Key is the first MadTV alum to host.

Keegan probably auditioned for SNL before he went on MadTV.

So which cast member is playing the Devil with Lil Nas?

dd02a72c2e316323f013a24a02226ef2b290b9f5.png

*Chrissy Teigen awkward face gif*

Woke James Bond sounds interesting haha

So I actually enjoyed last nights episode. Don’t see what all the fuss is about with Elon?

He basically he said he has Asperger's, which I kind of suspected anyway.

There have been worse hosts but Elon did okay considering he's not a performer. The highlight was the Chad on Mars skit.

At this point I'm far from the first to bring this up but last night's finale sure made it seem like it could have been the last show for many of the cast, including Kenan, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Cecily Strong (based on the opening segment) and even Pete Davidson based on his Weekend Update monologue. Now if they are leaving, the only big surprise to me here is Pete since even though he's been on the show a while, he's only just really found his footing on the show. But he's also got a movie career and a successful standup career to keep him busy. Kate, Cecily and Aidy have been on there for a long time and I'd be sad to see them go but together they did a great job filling the void in the show left by Kristen Wiig but they ultimately became a big reason why SNL of the 2010s was dominated by women. As for Kenan, he's been on there so long that at this point it'd just be weird to see him go since he's been on there almost twenty years but due to the fact that his show got renewed for a second season it might be his time. Either way, if he's done I don't think anyone will come close to breaking his record for a long time.

I feel like Heidi can fill the void left by Kate. She kills it every time she’s on screen.

Has Keenan surpassed Tim Meadows as longest reigning SNL cast member?

At this point I'm far from the first to bring this up but last night's finale sure made it seem like it could have been the last show for many of the cast, including Kenan, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Cecily Strong (based on the opening segment) and even Pete Davidson based on his Weekend Update monologue. Now if they are leaving, the only big surprise to me here is Pete since even though he's been on the show a while, he's only just really found his footing on the show. But he's also got a movie career and a successful standup career to keep him busy. Kate, Cecily and Aidy have been on there for a long time and I'd be sad to see them go but together they did a great job filling the void in the show left by Kristen Wiig but they ultimately became a big reason why SNL of the 2010s was dominated by women. As for Kenan, he's been on there so long that at this point it'd just be weird to see him go since he's been on there almost twenty years but due to the fact that his show got renewed for a second season it might be his time. Either way, if he's done I don't think anyone will come close to breaking his record for a long time.

I think there's potential for Ego Nwodim. She's found a couple of recurring characters and a recurring impression of Dionne Warwick. I thought that if Biden had chosen Keisha Lance Bottoms or Susan Rice as his VP candidate, Ego would have been a perfect fit and no doubt would have killed it. In the future, I could see Ego doing a lot of the impressions Maya Rudolph had done.

SNL avoided a casting conundrum when Biden named Kamala Harris as his running mate. It's like when that was announced everyone was like "so Maya Rudolph is going to play Kamala right?" Bottoms and Rice would also have been easy casting decisions as it would have been Ego Nwodim. I think SNL would have had issues of casting if Biden had chosen Stacey Abrams or Tammy Duckworth.

Aidy, Kate, and Cecily are three of the best on the show and part of why this has been my favorite period since the early 90s, so losing them would be a big loss, but then I guess it depends on who replaces them.

I feel like Heidi can fill the void left by Kate. She kills it every time she’s on screen.

Heidi's one of my all-time favorites, but as substitutes go, I don't recall her doing impressions much while Kate and Cecily do a lot. Maybe they'll upgrade Chloe Fineman to a regular.

I like Heidi. I also think there's a lot of potential with Chloe Fineman, and I'm not just saying that because I have a crush on her. :o

Has Keenan surpassed Tim Meadows as longest reigning SNL cast member?
For a while now. Tim Meadows didn't even hold the record before Kenan, that was Darrell Hammond with 14 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"