The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't mean she isn't freelance. that mission that she was pulled from in the beginning of Avengers didn't seem SHIELD-related. I think her association with the organization has something to do with Barton not killing her.

It seemed SHIELD related to me, and I am pretty sure we are to assume that she's on a SHIELD mission. And so far we've seen her working for SHIELD in IM2, Avengers and TWS. It's safe to say she is fully SHIELD. Her Marvel wikia also mentions her as an agent of SHIELD. Nothing in the MCU so far has said otherwise. I doubt she's freelance.

And yeah, Barton gave her a choice to either come over to SHIELD or die. She chose SHIELD.

It seemed SHIELD related to me, and I am pretty sure we are to assume that she's on a SHIELD mission. And so far we've seen her working for SHIELD in IM2, Avengers and TWS. It's safe to say she is fully SHIELD. Her Marvel wikia also mentions her as an agent of SHIELD. Nothing in the MCU so far has said otherwise. I doubt she's freelance.

And yeah, Barton gave her a choice to either come over to SHIELD or die. She chose SHIELD.

fair enough. i have no dog in this fight. we're still talking about a minority (or half) of heroes (not even superheroes) being agents of SHIELD. that was the point that i was countering.

Natasha
Clint
Rogers
Falcon (speculatively)
vs
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
War Machine

I assumed that Pym would be associated with SHIELD because of Slevig's deleted line in Thor (I know, it doesn't really count if it's deleted, but didn't Feige confirm this?) when he referenced a colleague of his who had dealings with SHIELD in the past. Maybe he wouldn't be a "SHIELD scientist" per se, but there was some relationship already posed in the MCU... sorta.

Also, it would be cool to see a nod to Selvig as a former colleague/contemporary of Pym's. Maybe a photo on Pym's desk of them together at the '74 Stark Expo ;)

There's still time to nominate your favorite movies of 2013 in the SHH! movie awards! Click on my sig now in order to start nominating!

I assumed that Pym would be associated with SHIELD because of Slevig's deleted line in Thor (I know, it doesn't really count if it's deleted, but didn't Feige confirm this?) when he referenced a colleague of his who had dealings with SHIELD in the past. Maybe he wouldn't be a "SHIELD scientist" per se, but there was some relationship already posed in the MCU... sorta.

Also, it would be cool to see a nod to Selvig as a former colleague/contemporary of Pym's. Maybe a photo on Pym's desk of them together at the '74 Stark Expo ;)

it's just how i interpreted it but i thought that Selvig was suggesting that Pym had a bad encounter with S.H.I.E.L.D; as opposed to him working for them. if anything, i think he probably turned them down. that's why he (or his research) wasn't part of the Avengers Initiative.

fair enough. i have no dog in this fight. we're still talking about a minority (or half) of heroes (not even superheroes) being agents of SHIELD. that was the point that i was countering.

Natasha
Clint
Rogers
Falcon (speculatively)
vs
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
War Machine

Yeah, and to be clear, I wasn't disagreeing with you about a minority of heroes being SHIELD. :up:

I would note that the difference between "top SHIELD agent" and "superhero" is largely a matter of behavior.

I think he means the only difference between someone the likes of Agent May and a bonafide superhero like Hawkeye is the exposure they get, because in the latter the heroics are in the public forum. So because Agent Barton is now out there openly doing his thing he's considered a superhero, whereas before he was still the same guy with the same abilities but to the public he was just shadowy government figure #254

I think he means the only difference between someone the likes of Agent May and a bonafide superhero like Hawkeye is the exposure they get, because in the latter the heroics are in the public forum. So because Agent Barton is now out there openly doing his thing he's considered a superhero, whereas before he was still the same guy with the same abilities but to the public he was just shadowy government figure #254

Right. Like what if Bruce Wayne decided to join the CIA instead of donning the Bat costume.

And if your first thought is, "He'd chafe less" then you know far too much about spandex. Weirdo.

Maybe you just don't know enough about Spandex WT!

I would rather Pym work for the CIA although it wouldn't bother me if he did work for Shield.

I'm not a fan of every hero working for SHIELD as it makes the MCU look small. You can make a connected universe without multiple characters all working for one group.

Very Good Point.
I would like to see that Pym doesn't like SHIELD.

it's just how i interpreted it but i thought that Selvig was suggesting that Pym had a bad encounter with S.H.I.E.L.D; as opposed to him working for them. if anything, i think he probably turned them down. that's why he (or his research) wasn't part of the Avengers Initiative.

That's my interpretation, too. Selvig was saying it in context of Jane getting all her stuff stolen by SHIELD, so it seemed like Selvig was saying, "Yeah, reminds me of this guy I knew, Pym, who had his stuff jacked by these guys a long time ago."

Nothing in the deleted scene led me to believe that Pym worked for SHIELD; only that they had given him a hard time.

Right. Like what if Bruce Wayne decided to join the CIA instead of donning the Bat costume.

And if your first thought is, "He'd chafe less" then you know far too much about spandex. Weirdo.

Don't judge me ! :argh:

That's my interpretation, too. Selvig was saying it in context of Jane getting all her stuff stolen by SHIELD, so it seemed like Selvig was saying, "Yeah, reminds me of this guy I knew, Pym, who had his stuff jacked by these guys a long time ago."

Nothing in the deleted scene led me to believe that Pym worked for SHIELD; only that they had given him a hard time.

Eh. . . for him to be helpful, those "dealings" kind of have to be *some* kind of friendly association. Otherwise, what could he do besides tell them "yes, SHIELD can be *****"?

Eh. . . for him to be helpful, those "dealings" kind of have to be *some* kind of friendly association. Otherwise, what could he do besides tell them "yes, SHIELD can be *****"?

I think Selvig was implying that Pym was able to get his stuff back, or some measure of satisfaction towards that, and he was telling Jane that Pym could tell her how he went about doing that.

This was my thinking, too.

I think Selvig was implying that Pym was able to get his stuff back, or some measure of satisfaction towards that, and he was telling Jane that Pym could tell her how he went about doing that.

I just rewatched the scene. I could see this interpretation, but honestly I think that it's ambiguous enough that either reading could be true.

Regardless, I would like to see the Selvig connection again.

Anyone read this weeks FF?

New interesting take on how Pym Particles work within the MU

Could you share since I wont be going to the comic book shop anytime soon?

Could you share since I wont be going to the comic book shop anytime soon?

They rewrote some of the basic ways in which many superpowers work and relate to each other in the Marvel Universe.
IMG_00243.jpg

Scott Lang gave Doctor Doom one of the biggest ash kickings in the characters history.

I don't think I've seen a A List villain get beat by a C List character that badly in years
I've already seen posters on other sites saying they made Ant-Man and other possible Pym Particle users too powerful now :funny:

Well, yes. That would require he be on some kind of friendly terms with them, unless you think Selvig was proposing they respond via overt criminality.

Well, yes. That would require he be on some kind of friendly terms with them, unless you think Selvig was proposing they respond via overt criminality.

Here's what I'm getting at, in a nutshell: I think what was meant was that Pym had his Ant-Man suit "stolen"/commandeered by SHIELD back in the 1960s, and he found a way to steal it back (might be the actual plot to the Ant-Man movie, if it turns out to be "prequelish" to the Avengers saga); and Selvig was suggesting that Jane contact Pym to find out how he managed to do that so that she could do the same to steal *her* stuff back.

That would also explain why the scene was deleted --- Wright had just pushed Ant-Man to the backburner yet again as Thor was filming.

Here's what I'm getting at, in a nutshell: I think what was meant was that Pym had his Ant-Man suit "stolen"/commandeered by SHIELD back in the 1960s, and he found a way to steal it back (might be the actual plot to the Ant-Man movie, if it turns out to be "prequelish" to the Avengers saga); and Selvig was suggesting that Jane contact Pym to find out how he managed to do that so that she could do the same to steal *her* stuff back.

That would also explain why the scene was deleted --- Wright had just pushed Ant-Man to the backburner yet again as Thor was filming.

If such were the case to the point of Selvig knowing it, why exactly wouldn't Pym be in prison?

This is going rather excessively too far in an attempt to somehow justify people being enemies of SHIELD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"