The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nerve of some people wanting to see their favorite characters get their time in the spotlight, right? How dare they?

Well, actually, they don't want them to be in the spotlight. The complaint usually is that they won't be sidekicks in a larger Avengers movie. The current setup is the best way to ensure them being in the spotlight in solo films.

Actor David Dastmalchian talks Ant-Man (towards the end of the video).
[YT]/8g-Tjq8_h_U[/YT]
David Dastmalchian basically says he had a great time making the film and everyone was super passionate working on the movie. He hopes he can do more Marvel movies.

David Dalmatian's work seems spotty at best. :p

Posting again since it was right at the end of the last thread

Evangeline Lily answered my question on an AMA about whether she had anything planned Marvel-wise after Ant-Man, and said:

Evangeline Lilly said:
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

I will take that as confirmation she will be in many Marvel movies to come and is most certainly Wasp. :oldrazz:

She was hella cool on the Nerdist podcast a few weeks back. I enjoy her and hope they use her in the MCU for years to come

She better show up in the Infinity War films.

I would think she would. With no apparent Ant-Man sequels on the horizon and Feige saying that Ant-Man would appear in other Marvel movies, I assume Wasp (if she is Wasp) is in a similar situation. Plus, she's too beautiful to underutilize.

She said this about Peyton Reed

"He has such impeccable taste, he's so collaborative, so much fun, and so deep into the comic book world," she explained. "[He] always has been [in that world], all his life, and really knows the genre. I just have no doubt the film is going to be incredible. I think it's gonna be one of Marvel's best."

I think Reed might surprise people like the Russo brothers did.

Responding to a post that appeared at the end of the last thread installment:

I just don't understand how any fan of Ant-man can be mad. We are getting an Ant-man movie which is way more then I thought he'd get.

I understand the outrage over janet, if she's not in the movie, but if she is mentioned and pym is a founding member. They why complain? All the dumb little things fans care about are said. But we as fanboys and fangirls are never ever ever happen even if our comic book movies are panel for panel the book we read we are never ever happy.

Just be happy we get an Ant-man I know I am he's a top 5 hero for me and just to see him on the big screen is more then I'd thought.

And why complain about whether hank pym puts on the suit or not I'd just be happy we have such a great actor playing him elder in age or not.

I feel as if I'm the only person happy we get both pym and Lang and I mean the cast for this movie is amazing(maybe my favorite marvel cast ever)

So can we all just be happy we actually get an Ant-man movie.

Please don't fall into this trap. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Ant-Man *is* coming out and that it's in the hands of someone other than Edgar Wright --- in other words, in the hands of someone who's not going to be a prima-donna and try to keep these characters from integrating properly into the MCU --- but "Just be glad we're getting a movie" is the dumbest argument I've ever heard to justify any movie adaptation.

That same argument could be applied to Trank's "Fantastic Four," and every new piece of info that comes out of that catastrophe invariably becomes yet another steaming pile of dung thrown in the face of canon.

I have faith in Marvel, in the director and writer and actors, and I believe when all is said and done, we'll have our Ant-Man and Wasp in the Avengers, a Hank Pym to be proud of, and heck, maybe even a Giant-Man; and all will be well within the Great Marvel Filmverse. But don't ever think that we, as fans, need to just shut up and eat our gruel and be thankful we're getting *any* version of our favorite characters.

Whenever our favorite characters and stories get screwed, we *don't* need to "just be glad we got *a* movie." That's a Schumacher-ism.

Responding to a post that appeared at the end of the last thread installment
That same argument could be applied to Trank's "Fantastic Four," and every new piece of info that comes out of that catastrophe invariably becomes yet another steaming pile of dung thrown in the face of canon.

Problem is we've already gotten a FF film so we have the right to complain over it as this is the 4th attempt to make a movie based on them.

And the changes to this ant-man film aren't that crazy. I mean we are gettin hank pym as the first ant-man and Lang as the second.

The only thing I see ppl mad about is if janet is the wasp. But I'm just happy e lilly is playing her(most likely) cause I'm really starting to love her the more I follow her.

So I still think as ant-man fans lets just be happy we actually get to see him on screen which will make so many more ppl love him cause his powers are way better on screen then in a book or even a cartoon

No, people are angry that They've apparently skipped over Hank's entire time as Ant Man in favor of Lang. Pym fans wanted to see HIM as Ant Man, at least FIRST. And Janet fans are angry that not only are they apparently skipping her time as Wasp, but that she may already be DEAD by the time the movie starts, and they're replacing her with a brand-new character. Like I said before, I'll wait and see how the movie goes before judging, but I cannot really blame fans for being upset that their characters (founding Avengers in the comics to boot) are being skipped over as superheroes.

Sure they can mention Hank and Janet's history as heroes in the 60's/70's, and they can say that they were important. But that's not the same as actually getting to SEE it. "Yeah, Hank was Ant Man back in the day, and he was really important, but he's retired now so you won't get t actually see it. Janet, yeah she used to be Wasp. But that was years ago so you won't be seeing it and she's kind of dead now." It'd be like having the FIRST Captain America movie START with Bucky already being Cap and then being like "There was this guy named Steve Rogers, and he was REALLY big back in the day. But he's been dead for years, so don't expect to actually SEE his past exploits."

Last edited:
No, people are angry that They've apparently skipped over Hank's entire time as Ant Man in favor of Lang. Pym fans wanted to see HIM as Ant Man, at least FIRST.

Which is funny because "Hank's entire time as Ant-Man" was actually pretty dang short. I think Pym being older (which I personally don't have a problem with) affects the character more than him not being Ant-Man.

Speaking of the Fantastic Four, I hope Peyton Reed is hired to direct when the rights eventually revert.

I wonder how things would have turned out had Wright never expressed any interest in making a Lang film.

Speaking of the Fantastic Four, I hope Peyton Reed is hired to direct when the rights eventually revert.

Like he was always meant to. Pre-Story. In some alternate universe, we have a pretty great F4 film out already with a young McAdams.

Exactly. His pitch sounded fantastic

Remind me. It's been so long. I remember digging it.

No, people are angry that They've apparently skipped over Hank's entire time as Ant Man in favor of Lang. Pym fans wanted to see HIM as Ant Man, at least FIRST. And Janet fans are angry that not only are they apparently skipping her time as Wasp, but that she may already be DEAD by the time the movie starts, and they're replacing her with a brand-new character. Like I said before, I'll wait and see how the movie goes before judging, but I cannot really blame fans for being upset that their characters (founding Avengers in the comics to boot) are being skipped over as superheroes.

Sure they can mention Hank and Janet's history as heroes in the 60's/70's, and they can say that they were important. But that's not the same as actually getting to SEE it. "Yeah, Hank was Ant Man back in the day, and he was really important, but he's retired now so you won't get t actually see it. Janet, yeah she used to be Wasp. But that was years ago so you won't be seeing it and she's kind of dead now." It'd be like having the FIRST Captain America movie START with Bucky already being Cap and then being like "There was this guy named Steve Rogers, and he was REALLY big back in the day. But he's been dead for years, so don't expect to actually SEE his past exploits."
So pretty much ant-man fans will never be happy because the main character is Scott Lang and not hank pym?

Posting again since it was right at the end of the last thread

Evangeline Lily answered my question on an AMA about whether she had anything planned Marvel-wise after Ant-Man, and said:

I will take that as confirmation she will be in many Marvel movies to come and is most certainly Wasp. :oldrazz:

OMG she practiaclly stroked you keyboard you must never wash your fngers again

As for "be happy you're getting an Ant-Man film at all" ahahahahahaahahhahaa no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"