The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that ignores how important the creative input of a director is. Having a director to just serve as a placeholder can (and usually does) hurt the quality of the film. How well the story and characters play out depends largely on their execution, which is up to the director. I think the video I posted shows the kinds of creative choices in direction that Wright would make and that the current director is less likely to make.

And it's not like good storytelling in an individual installment has never before suffered do to attempts to service the larger plan.

Yeah I sort of brough that up earlier in a post, the question of how much a director's involvement is seen through their personal styles. With Shane Blackd heavy buddy cop influence being seen in IM3 but the Russos heavy comedy influence not being seen in Cap2.

In the scope of just MCU movies in particular with their directors how much of that directors personal influences are seen within those films generally? Does marvel let the director tap into his or her own vision and personal history more or do they take a more hands on approach and sort of have the director take on "their" (Marvel's) vision for the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"