The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Thread Manager, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wise Watchtower Janitor

One thing I think they should address in the next trailer is to promote the villain. Marvel's biggest weakness is throwaway villains like Whiplash, Malekith and Ronan. This trailer didn't even feature the villain apart from some random shots of Corey Stall looking like Lex Luthor with no dialogue.

They've had awesome success with Loki and Winter Soldier and Ultron looks incredible.

They should put some Yellowjacket into the next trailer. Show the threat. I get that this is just a teaser though.

2. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

3. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

They didn't show Ross in the trailer because he is supposed to be in a period piece segment/flashback along with Howard Stark & Peggy Carter & they didn't show either of them either.

4. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I have to admit that I didn't care for GOTG's trailers but I could see why people were interested in the film. Unlike that film's trailers Ant-Man's teaser looks generic to me.

5. ctsketch Registered

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/jurassic-world-trailer-why-cgi-complaints-are-103631940751.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2a58pp/guardians_of_the_galaxy_cg_and_colour_updates/

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/22qi2y/cgi_and_lighting_changes_in_the_new_guardians_of/

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/the-hulks-cgi-finally-gets-upgraded/

6. Hurm... Registered

Wow, they really ****ed up by dropping Wright.

7. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

Well that is a contradiction, it's because of Wright that we have an old Hank who is not the main focus

Ya I doubt AC will have any kind of Ant-Man connection because time-wise I think Hank would be a little boy but I could be mistaken. I meant if AC is successful and they end up doing season 2 a bit down the road in terms of time they could have a young Pym running missions with the team

8. mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Excuse my ignorance but what has Wright done outside of the Shaun of the Dead trio of silly comedy films that made everyone so sold on this project being so great under his wing?

I don't know much about the new guy either so I'm not biased towards one or the other.

As always it's certainly premature to judge a film off its teaser trailer, but everyone's entitled to their snap decision opinions. I'll wait til I see the actual film to fully judge this like I would with any CBM. My top priority is always it being a good movie first then anything extra is just that.

9. Solaire Registered

Thought the teaser looked absolutely fantastic. Was excited for the film before but my excitement has increased tenfold. Was a great teaser, hoping the trailer gives us more insight and some more Ant-Man action.

10. StarLord < < < < < < <

FRANCAVILLA Ant-Man

[​IMG]

11. Dr. Evil Registered

He's a cult favorite director who's movies have a cult following.

Peyton Reed has had (usually) movies with largely negative reviews.

12. smashmode House Stark

The teaser didn't blow me away, but I wasn't expecting it too. It did exactly for me what a teaser is about. Show us who the characters are, set up the story a bit, showed some interaction between some of the principal characters, showed a little humor and a little action & ants.

The full trailers will show more.

13. Lorenzaccio Registered

Very, I mean, veeery generic trailer.
    In general, with all superheroes in theaters, this one looks like "meh".
    After the magnificent trailer of AoU, I can't see how they produced these two uninspiring minutes of people walking around, sounds of drums, and a never-ending speech that says nothing but "you will be a superhero". Jeez, we knew about it before the trailer, thanks!
    I didn't care much about the departure of Wright, but now I am seriously concerned about this movie. Is this all they can offer us with this kind of material?

14. ctsketch Registered

yeah but none is Wright's cult films really means he'd do a proper Marvel film....it's just fanboism

15. Dr. Evil Registered

I liked all of Wright's movies he did with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, but he would not be on my list of top 20 favorite directors or even in my top ten.

16. Lorenzaccio Registered

I dunno, it could be my fault, but I was expecting more.
    E.g. an exporation of the tiny world of insects, flowers, plants, and something like that. Let's say a sort of "microcosmos" in superhero style. When the trailer started I was all "ok, now the talk will stop and we'll see the ants and other insects... ok, now the talk will stop and we'll see huge drops of water, and the magnificence of the miniature world... ok, now the people walking around will disappear and we will see something interesting". And eventually we saw a single flying ant.
    Meh.
    Let's hope that next trailer will blow us away (we deserve it, after all ;) )

17. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Simply put, Edgar Wright is a fantastic visual storyteller.

[YT]3FOzD4Sfgag[/YT]

And he's also a good writer with a great understanding of the mechanics of genre and why we love the genres we do.

18. ctsketch Registered

exactly...love his movies for what they are. those are brilliant comedies...but...I can't imagine his style for Ant-man..just can't

19. mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Which means people are just mad because he's out? Or am I missing something? His IMDB isn't littered with things that scream to me "this guy would have made this film better." I've never seen Scott Pilgrim though so idk if that's a factor in people's view on him.

20. Solaire Registered

It probably is. The way people talk about Wright you'd think he's one of the greatest in the business right now.

21. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

People are mad because he's an extremely talented filmmaker who would likely have produced a high quality and unique Ant-Man film who was replaced by a director with mostly bad credits to his name and who is by all accounts fairly generic.

22. ctsketch Registered

Scott Pilgrim was pretty awesome...it should have done much better IMO

23. mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Ah okay, thanks!

24. Wise Watchtower Janitor

Love Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz.

But I found Worlds End pretty lacking in humour and plot. Big let down.

25. ctsketch Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.