The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ecstatic with the early praise, Can't wait to see this!

Those end credit spoilers don't make sense.

Is
Hank Pym in NYC at the end of the film? Ant-Man takes place in San Francisco so I'm not sure how the radioactive spider gets from the west coast to the east to bite Peter Parker.
I think a lot of Wright fanboys were doing the same, and were sure it was gonna falter under its own ambition without him, lol.

I like Edgar Wright but it was never a guarantee his Ant-Man would be any more successful with him than it would be with anyone else.

For all we know his Ant-Man may of turned out like Scott Pilgrim. Pleasing Wright's own hardcore fan base but being disliked by mainstream audiences who just want a entertaining film. Gunn had the benefit off his film being off in space so removed from much of the existing MCU that has already been established.

I think people are low balling this film. I'm sure it'll do Thor 2 numbers at least.

If this movie does TDW numbers you will see Marvel doing backfilips in the streets lol.

Those end credit spoilers don't make sense.

Is
Hank Pym in NYC at the end of the film? Ant-Man takes place in San Francisco so I'm not sure how the radioactive spider gets from the west coast to the east to bite Peter Parker.

Exactly, those end credits sounds weird ...
And the second scene is a continuation of the 1st one? Why?

I'm so glad that this movie is getting positive reception. I love what i've seen so far; think it could be one of Marvel's best.

Peyton Reed worked so hard on this film its horrible that some people will never give it the time of day just because Wright left.

It's their loss and not that big a deal anyway. I love Wright myself but realistically he's a cult director with a tiny fanbase that isn't going to affect this films performance at all.

Loved the Japanese trailer. This movie is going to kick ass.

Also not buying those after credits spoilers. Urg.

I think people are low balling this film. I'm sure it'll do Thor 2 numbers at least.

Ant-Man is the lowest budget Marvel Studios movie yet so it would be pretty amazing if it didn't turn a profit.

Thor 2 numbers would make this film a hit.

I think those descriptions are fake

Yeah I don't think people would freak out over whats in those descriptions.

I think they are as well. Those don't sound like "must see" end credits scenes.

Looks FN AWESOME!!

"This is not some cute technology like the Iron Man suit" - Hank Pym

Yeah I don't think people would freak out over whats in those descriptions.

I don't either but some people get over hyped by anything
spider-mean related so I could see some folks describing that as must see

The '___ will return in ___' appears before the post-credits scenes anyway...

Well...I guess its time to stop looking in this thread until I see the film. I want to thank you guys for being so much better about covering up your spoilers than many did in the AoU thread.

^That was never gonna happen.

Ant-Man is the lowest budget Marvel Studios movie yet so it would be pretty amazing if it didn't turn a profit.

Thor 2 numbers would make this film a hit.

Thor 1 numbers is a hit.

Higher than Thor 2 is a break out hit.

Thor 2 was one of my least favorite MCU films.

Thankfully, Ant-Man's buzz seems far better.

Not surprised many loved or really liked the film. People act like Marvel have made terrible films more often than not. It's easier to just assume their film will be very good than bad.

Hope these reactions bring great numbers. It'll get called a flop regardless but that's because of how successful Marvel has been.

Glad to see positive reviews for the film, I am super excited to see it.

Now I am just going to avoid this thread for spoilers. lol

I'm going to be super happy if this turns out to be another surprise hit for Marvel. I must admit it was hard to get excited for this one, only because other than the way he was shown in Avengers EMH, Hank Pym has never been a likeable character (and yes I know the movie is about Lang), so it was hard for me to get excited for this film.

And lets face it the way Ant-man/Giant-man is portrayed in the Ultimates, no one would go see a solo movie based on that character.

Marvel has got me invested in a character I probably could have cared less about. That's saying something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"