The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't officially in pre-production. Its been in development. When it had a release date it was officially green lighted.

I don't think they are even in proper pre-production right now. Edgar and Joe have been working on the film off and on for years but I'm not sure if they have done storyboarding, budgeting, location scouting and other pre-production type stuff just yet.

If I writing an article on it for, say, the Daily Star it would have the title blurb 'Ant-man production moves at snail's pace'.

So basically they think his playing ant-man just because they think he responded strangely to the question :whatever:

Edgar Wright visited the Amazing Spider-Man and Star Trek Into Darkness sets as well and has regular talks with Kevin Feige who probably was at the Captain America set so that doesn't really imply anything to me.

Its perfectly conceivable Hammer could be just there to chat to a friend.

I would of thought if they were casting already or Ant-Man has a cameo in Captain America that word would of gotten out.

Wonder who Armie's "friend" would be, though. Looking through the (known) CATWS cast list, there's nobody there Hammer has worked with before. Possibly a personal friend, or someone he knows outside of The Biz, or maybe he's hitting somebody up for a future role in some other movie.

I'm personally inclined to believe that it's a case of Hammer being on set *as* an unannounced Marvel character, yeah; but not Ant-Man. His confusion and derision over the role and Edgar Wright seem genuine (and pretty *****e-y), so I believe him when he says that. Not sure I believe the part about him just "visiting an old friend," though.

Instead of "our Ant-Man," we may have our "Dr. Strange," TBA at SDCC next month. And it probably isn't a case of Hammer's (alleged) character actually showing up in CATWS; it's just a case of Hammer getting to know his future comrades- and villains-in-arms.

Just sayin'.

Strange? That would be strange.

nyuck nyuck nyuck.
Or maybe Hammer is scouting out his new digs as the next Steve Rogers, and they're replacing Evans for TA2.

dun dun DUNNNNN

...denies that *he* was at the CATWS shoot. That much is for certain, and both EW and AH confirm that.

But EW doesn't deny (nor would he even know anything about it) that Hammer was there, and Hammer *does* confirm he was there himself.

So the Ant-Man speculation is dead in the water; but the speculation about Hammer having other ties to Marvel Studios/other reasons to want to check out a CATWS shoot is still wide open.

nyuck nyuck nyuck.
Or maybe Hammer is scouting out his new digs as the next Steve Rogers, and they're replacing Evans for TA2.

dun dun DUNNNNN

no, they probably already have that Channing Tatum person on speed-dial for that role.

no, they probably already have that Channing Tatum person on speed-dial for that role.

1TXuOuM.gif

No, don't even joke about Tatum :nono:

Apparently both Armie and Sebastian Stan had recurring role in TV Gossip Girls around the same time. Although looking at the episode listing, none of their episodes were the same. But I did find a picture of them posing together at a event from October. So there is a connection.

2s5xj5t.jpg

My god, the man has no fashion sense or did Janet come up with that design?

I like the classic Giant-Man costume minus the antenna eyebrows. The 90s pouch heavy Giant-Man costume was worst lol.

Scarlet Witch designed the Goliath costume which wasn't too bad.

So does anyone thing Edgar might spill some more info on Ant-Man at Comic Con?

Bond 24 just got a November 6th release date; same day as Ant-Man.

It looks like Ant-Man is moving.

Wonder if it will move later into November or earlier. And sweet mother if yeezus is 2015 going to be monstrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"