The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He dodged the Hank Pym question.

Yeah... I'm afraid that might mean either he hasn't changed his original plans for Pym or it's a sore subject because Marvel/Disney are trying to force him to change it.

I don't think Marvel would force him to change it. Feige has given Edgar a free reign to do whatever I think.

I have the feeling this is gonna be a great movie.

Nice interview: Mod,I hope can post this here:

[YT]5YncBThNd5E[/YT]

nice interview, overall. it's too bad that they got so specific with their Ant-Man question. they practically forced Wright to no-comment it. should have left Pym's name out of it.

nice interview, overall. it's too bad that they got so specific with their Ant-Man question. they practically forced Wright to no-comment it. should have left Pym's name out of it.

I think it was the tacking on of the Fantastic Four comments and "get the rights back, Marvel!" snarkery that probably led to the no comment. A simpler, subtler "what role do you see Hank Pym playing in the larger Marvel film universe?" type question probably would have made him tip his hand a bit.

Pegg and Frost as Damage Control in an Edgar Wright directed episode of SHIELD would be fun.

He dodged the Hank Pym question.

That or just a mid-post credits scene in Ant-Man after he causes a ruckus as Giant Man.

That or just a mid-post credits scene in Ant-Man after he causes a ruckus as Giant Man.

or maybe this was Wright subtley revealing that he is using Eric O'Grady instead of the other Ant-Men. Eric did work for Damage Control after becoming a fugitive from S.H.I.E.L.D.

:woot:

"I saw [Whedon] just the other week in London, we had dinner. He likes the script that we've written, so there's not a lot we have to do to fit it into the other movies, which is good. I think so how it fits in will actually become in future movies. So, it's going to be more standalone."

So like I guessed Wright did sit down with Whedon when he was in London a couple weeks ago.

I hope the fact Ant-Man fits in means Hank and Jan will be available for Avengers 3 or other Marvel movies.

So like I guessed Wright did sit down with Whedon when he was in London a couple weeks ago.

I hope the fact Ant-Man fits in means Hank and Jan will be available for Avengers 3 or other Marvel movies.

Actually, with Pym presumably playing a large role in Age of Ultron, but Wright saying his Ant-Man movie is mostly standalone here, I really think that points towards Lang being the main focus.

Actually, with Pym presumably playing a large role in Age of Ultron, but Wright saying his Ant-Man movie is mostly standalone here, I really think that points towards Lang being the main focus.
Yep. This is making more and more sense really.

As long as Pym appears in one of the films I'll be okay with Lang being used.

As long as Pym appears in one of the films I'll be okay with Lang being used.
Me too. Hopefully Pym's in Age Of Ulton and then Ant-Man in which he passes the Ant-Man identity to Lang and while he becomes Giant-Man.

Apparently the Age of Ultron title is just borrowed and has nothing to do with the comic storyline.

Which is good because the Age Of Ultron event wasn't that good.

http://www.**************.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845#comments

"Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

If your entire reason for being is that you helped create a villain for the Avengers, maybe you don't need your own solo movie.

Wright said he wanted to do a Scott Lang Ant-Man anyway, so how is this a dick move?

If your entire reason for being is that you helped create a villain for the Avengers, maybe you don't need your own solo movie.

Wright said he wanted to do a Scott Lang Ant-Man anyway, so how is this a dick move?

Because it completely ****s over the Hank Pym character.

As you said, they completely destroyed any reason for him, nor his wife Janet, to exist in the MCU.

So I've totally lost interest in this property.

For real! This sucks! I was looking forward to A2 and Ant Man, now I'm just pissed. Thanks for ****ting all over my favorite Avenger Joss.
And Marvel for letting him do it. Screw you to Fiege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"