The Official "Ask A Brotha" Thread - Part 3

I googled it and it's a black club, for lack of a better term. Probably they just don't get a lot of white people in there, period. Fully within your rights to stay, though I have been the only black dude at events due to being in the tech field and it can be a little weird. Is what it is.

From travelling around to different countries, I always hear that local women don't like white girls because the guys give us too much attention, just from looking different. I got the impression that the women at the club weren't too happy with us being there. We were not only an obvious bachelorette party, but also pasty white.

I just feel like we overstepped. There was no reason for us to go to that club. There were plenty of others that would have catered to our white girl dancing needs.

Yeah, just charge it to the game of not being like the average person in a certain space. You'll stick out and most will take notice.

We get into the club and there is now a lot of attention on us, from the guys who seem interested and are dancing around us and also from the girls who seem a bit peeved. My question to you guys, should we have left? Is this another example of white people thinking we can go wherever we want or am I overthinking it?[/QUOTEI don't think it's an example of white people thinking they can go wherever they want, you just so happened to be in an area that didn't have many, if any, white people in it. There's many clubs all around the world that generally cater to a specific group of people.

It's probably not so much anym ore, but back some 10 or 15 years ago, one of my college classmates went to China to teach, and he has often said he stuck out like a sore thumb, simply because (in the area he was living) he was one of few non asian people. It's just being out of that comfort zone I guess.

If you were concerned though, maybe a little more research next time? ;) There are some areas in various countries that you just wouldn't go if you were white, or black. Some US states, and even some areas of some cities here in the UK are owned by a specific culture, and you wouldn't exactly be welcomed into it.

Alright, I have a silly white girl question and I need some help. Please bear with me, I'm Canadian and I'm not too familiar with black culture in the US.

I went to a bachelorette party in Anaheim with some friends. 6 of us, all white, all Canadian. We went to a club called Urban and while standing in the ridiculously long lineup, I noticed that we were the only white people there. It felt like people were giving us looks, wondering why we were there. I told my group that perhaps this wasn't our scene and we should go somewhere else, but they insisted we stay.

We get into the club and there is now a lot of attention on us, from the guys who seem interested and are dancing around us and also from the girls who seem a bit peeved. My question to you guys, should we have left? Is this another example of white people thinking we can go wherever we want or am I overthinking it?

You were getting dirty looks because you kept bugging the DJ to play Jesse McCartney. :o

I just feel like we overstepped. There was no reason for us to go to that club. There were plenty of others that would have catered to our white girl dancing needs.

You are overthinking it. You went to a club, you were respectful and you weren't causing any issues.

Making other people annoyed by your presence isn't your problem.

Alright, I have a silly white girl question and I need some help. Please bear with me, I'm Canadian and I'm not too familiar with black culture in the US.

I went to a bachelorette party in Anaheim with some friends. 6 of us, all white, all Canadian. We went to a club called Urban and while standing in the ridiculously long lineup, I noticed that we were the only white people there. It felt like people were giving us looks, wondering why we were there. I told my group that perhaps this wasn't our scene and we should go somewhere else, but they insisted we stay.

We get into the club and there is now a lot of attention on us, from the guys who seem interested and are dancing around us and also from the girls who seem a bit peeved. My question to you guys, should we have left? Is this another example of white people thinking we can go wherever we want or am I overthinking it?

No and unless told otherwise you can go wherever you want.

I don't think you over stepped. Go where ever you want. The club probably does't get a lot of non-black people and some black women can get a bit salty about black men giving white women attention.

I have a friend who is a pale white redhead dude that got a lot of attention from women when he went to Japan because he was considered 'exotic' over there.

THe pain of moving to a new city, trying to find a barber, trying a new place out and having the barber f*** your s*** up is the saddest experience of my life

Mobile barbers are the future.

Why go to a barber when a barber can come to you!

I still miss my old barber from years ago. She was awesome.

Who do you think is the true leader of the Dark Skin Society (DSS)? ;)

Damson Idris, Daniel Kaluuya, Buck, Santan Dave, Giggs, Bobby Shmurda or Daniel Sturridge.

BTW, DDS is a joke gang/stable of black celebrity friends created by Kaluuya and Idris. They jokingly post about it on social media and try to recruit new members with the celebrities they meet. Jamie Fox is the latest addition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"