The Official "Ask A Brotha" Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, before people get too over sensitive about this, I ask that you keep an open mind.

My closest friend was the inspiration behind this thread. So often does he say " go ask someone else.". With Black History month coming up, I'm sure people would like to ask questions about the impact African Americans have had on us as a race.

This shouldn't be racist, it should be about learning more from your fellow man.

Questions could range from culture, music types, certain slang, misunderstood myths, and food.

Let's begin..

I remember in one of the RR/RW challenges, Puck and David got in an argument, Puck spit on David, and I think Puck was kicked off.

Please tell me MTV stopped doing the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. Road Rules hasn't been on the air since nineteen-aught-six, and they had like 3 competitors left the last time I watched.

Keep in mind, the last time I watched MTV regularly, TRL was still on the air, the Miz wasn't a pro wrestler yet, and Making the Video was the best thing on the 10 Spot.

They still do those, but they just call it the Challenge now. I honestly prefer it to the actual Real World.

Teen Wolf is pretty much the only thing on that channel halfway decent. It's aping Buffy, but it's not bad.

I think they were playing around and then the girl started saying it was attempted rape.

Yeah, they were playing at first but he definitely went too far...I mean she was out of the bed on the floor and he was dragging her down the hall by the cover. It wasn't rape but I can understand her being pissed.

I remember in one of the RR/RW challenges, Puck and David got in an argument, Puck spit on David, and I think Puck was kicked off.

I remember seeing a little of that flipping through the channels. I'd stopped watching those shows by then, though.

I remember seeing a little of that flipping through the channels. I'd stopped watching those shows by then, though.

So, I just watched the clip. It's rough.

I remember that and Puck actually didn't get kicked off, everyone took Puck's side and threaten to leave if Puck got sent home and called David an ******* saying he provoked it.

Eventually, it got to the point where David quit because everyone was on his case about what happened.

Also; the thing about being the black guy on RW is that it doesn't help that some, if not most, of the other housemates have never been around black people before in their lives. So not only do you have to hear the stupid things they say, you suddenly have to be a teacher and let them know how not to act around blacks.

I remember that and Puck actually didn't get kicked off, everyone took Puck's side and threaten to leave if Puck got sent home and called David an ******* saying he provoked it.

Eventually, it got to the point where David quit because everyone was on his case about what happened.

Also; the thing about being the black guy on RW is that it doesn't help that some, if not most, of the other housemates have never been around black people before in their lives. So not only do you have to hear the stupid things they say, you suddenly have to be a teacher and let them know how not to act around blacks.

It was just one of those "Aw, man" moments because they have David doing the whole angry Black man thing. He even yells "White boy!" at Puck. At least David "Come on be my baby tonight" Broom was there to try to calm things down.

Damn I miss Chappelle's Show.

And New Orleans David has to live with that forever. Seems like rarely do they have black women on RW ****ing up, but then again rarely do they have any black women; at least ones who aren't mixed.

And New Orleans David has to live with that forever. Seems like rarely do they have black women on RW ****ing up, but then again rarely do they have any black women; at least ones who aren't mixed.

lol Tell that to Jasmine from Cancun. :o

Hot. Damn. Mess.

She's actually walking proof that no one bats an eye when a woman gets physically violent with a man. On the show, if a man hit a woman, he'd be out and would probably be charged. If a man hit another man, he'd be out. But Jasmine straight up punches Tyrie in the face? Nah. That chick just crazy. :o

is that a joke from the Real world? I don't get the reference.

Hot. Damn. Mess.

She's actually walking proof that no one bats an eye when a woman gets physically violent with a man. On the show, if a man hit a woman, he'd be out and would probably be charged. If a man hit another man, he'd be out. But Jasmine straight up punches Tyrie in the face? Nah. That chick just crazy. :o
Tyrie from the Denver season?

Haha, wow. Now I see why a black man and a black woman are usually never on the same RW cast.

I am shocked that the Real World is still on in some form.

Hot. Damn. Mess.

Nia from Real World: Portland even worse. I have never wanted to hit a woman so bad in my life. If I was allowed to break her face without any repercussions of the law, I would, twice. I cannot believe that the producers were so desperate for ratings that they let her do half the s*** she did.

:down

It was just one of those "Aw, man" moments because they have David doing the whole angry Black man thing. He even yells "White boy!" at Puck. At least David "Come on be my baby tonight" Broom was there to try to calm things down.

:lmao:

Real talk, though. I always felt kinda sorry for David during that whole spitting situation. "People are treating me like the spit came out of my mouth. Am I in the Twilight Zone?!"

Nia from Real World: Portland even worse. I have never wanted to hit a woman so bad in my life. If I was allowed to break her face without any repercussions of the law, I would, twice. I cannot believe that the producers were so desperate for ratings that they let her do half the s*** she did.

:down
I just read about that, and they actually let her stay?

:lmao:

Real talk, though. I always felt kinda sorry for David during that whole spitting situation. "People are treating me like the spit came out of my mouth. Am I in the Twilight Zone?!"
I didn't get why everyone was backing Puck, I guess they just saw David yelling and thought "oh boy, there he goes". Especially since it was because of something that happened outside the show.

Last edited:
Do black guys get tired of seeing black comedians constantly play the race card on set to be funny? Do you feel like its a crutch instead of a funny topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"