Ask Your Nerd Trivia Questions! - Part 1

Okay, my best friend (who is an uber nerd like many of us) is getting married and for his bachelor party I'm making multiple rounds of nerd jeopardy.

So I thought my fellow Hypesters could have fun and I'll get some good nerd questions to use at the same time!
ADDED: to keep things going after you answer a question post one of your own :)
Questions ranging from relatively easy to tough but still possible are good (or in Jeopardy terms, $100-$500 questions)

To start the ball rolling:

(Obviously no using Google. Honour system)

What was the name of the character played by Bill Murray in Ghostbusters?

What was going to be the original names for Gomez and Pugsley Addams when the show was in pre-production?
A:
Charles Addams was directly involved in creating the show and naming the characters. He had apparently suggested both Repelli and Gomez, John Astin preferred and wanted to play him as Gomez Addams, so that stuck.
For Pugsley' s character Addams suggested Pubert. The studio didn't like it so he became Pugsley.
When the movies came about and Morticia and Gomez had the third kid, the new mustachioed progeny finally got to use the name Pubert. :woot:

Q:
Which Addams Family character crossed over into the 66 Adam West Batman universe.
Like the Batusi he also had his own 60s dance craze, name it.

Last edited:
Vulcan salute came from a religious hand gesture Nemoy witnessed as a kid in a Jewish/Hebrew ceremony.
Not sure, it may symbolize a word and/or letter in the Hebrew alphabet?

A:
Charles Addams was directly involved in creating the show and naming the characters. He had apparently suggested both Repelli and Gomez, John Astin preferred and wanted to play him as Gomez Addams, so that stuck.
For Pugsley' s character Addams suggested Pubert. The studio didn't like it so he became Pugsley.
When the movies came about and Morticia and Gomez had the third kid, the new mustachioed progeny finally got to use the name Pubert. :woot:

Q:
Which Addams Family character crossed over into the 66 Adam West Batman universe.
Like the Batusi he also had his own dance craze, name it.
A: Correct!

Q: Lurch

Vulcan salute came from a religious hand gesture Nemoy witnessed as a kid in a Jewish/Hebrew ceremony.
Not sure, it may symbolize a word and/or letter in the Hebrew alphabet?

Indeed. Nimoy said it was a gesture he saw as a child during a wedding, as performed by a rabbi.

Who shot J.R.?
Maggie Simps.... wrong show?

I was around when it aired and remember insane craze around the episode, but was never invested in the show enough to watch it, or remember who was actually finally revealed.
Was it all a dream in the end?

Last edited:
I signed for 7 goddamn marvel movies! So why the Capital-One commercials? Robert is only 5'3 but I have to hunch down to reach him at eye level, so why is he getting a bigger cut?

How come they never found Biggie and Tupac's murderers, but Whedon still wants to make me wear a dress!

He forgave his father?

Is this in reference to the 90's series Aziz (Underrated in my opinion. Mandrake's art was awesome for the character)? I'm looking for the manner in which he was killed when he was a cop. I'll give you a hint... it involved water.

Is this in reference to the 90's series Aziz (Underrated in my opinion. Mandrake's art was awesome for the character)? I'm looking for the manner in which he was killed when he was a cop. I'll give you a hint... it involved water.
Never read it, just threw a random line

Never read it, just threw a random line

Ha. Ok Aziz. In the 90's comic series Corrigan's relationship with his father was a big factor in his personality and how and why he became the the hand of God's justice. In the series Jim's father was a preacher but a cruel S.O.B. and Jim grew into a man that never believed in God's justice on Earth. He said he had never seen it. His task as the Spectre was to confront evil, punish is and try to understand it. But in the way he went about it, he left out the understanding part. I thought you had read it cuz the father stuff was really only in the 90's Ostrander/Mandrake book. It's an underrated gem of a series to my eyes, though it could get gruesome at times. But that's the character I guess.

Here's one.

What is the odd relationship between Lorenzo Music and Bill Murray?

Here's one.

What is the odd relationship between Lorenzo Music and Bill Murray?

Lorenzo Music was known for his voice work for Garfield for many years. He also voiced Peter Venkman in THE REAL GHOSTBUSTES toon. Murray of course played Venkman in the GHOSTBUSTERS movies and later, after Music died I believe, voiced Garfield in the two live action/CG films.

Lorenzo Music was known for his voice work for Garfield for many years. He also voiced Peter Venkman in THE REAL GHOSTBUSTES toon. Murray of course played Venkman in the GHOSTBUSTERS movies and later, after Music died I believe, voiced Garfield in the two live action/CG films.
Bingo.

One of my favorites......
What popular TV series that aired for thirty consecutive years featured in it's title role a female impersonator?

Last edited:
I'm looking for the manner in which he was killed when he was a cop. I'll give you a hint... it involved water.

Cement suit, then a voyage to the bottom of the ocean in a barrel.:wow:

Last edited:
Maggie Simps.... wong show?

I was around when it aired and remember insane craze around the episode, but was never invested in the show enough to watch it, or remember who was actually finally revealed.
Was it all a dream in the end?

Kristin.

Cement suit, then a voyage to the bottom of the ocean in a barrel.:wow:

Yep. Man, some of those golden age comics could be crazy.

In BACK TO THE FUTURE II the aged Biff Tannen has what a top his cane in the future?

Yep. Man, some of those golden age comics could be crazy.

In BACK TO THE FUTURE II the aged Biff Tannen has what a top his cane in the future?

A fist.

In Star Trek Nemesis, what's the name of the android the crew encounters & eventually replaces Data?

A fist.

In Star Trek Nemesis, what's the name of the android the crew encounters & eventually replaces Data?

His name is Before, and I never got the rational as to why Soong named his androids the way he did. :huh:

And yes, old Biff had a bronze or gold fist on his cane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"