The Official "Ask A Brotha" Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bionic Six had an Asian member whose name was Karate-1. That's some super tokensim right there.

Yeah, I can bet every dollar I've got that Michael B. Jordan got the role because he is buddies with Josh Trank. Of course, if wasn't a solid actor as well as charismatic, FOX would have vetoed that decision to hell. There is no agenda of diversity. Jordan is not there to be a token.

No, they were old as hell...relatively speaking...when they went into space. Reed already had the grey sideburns when they went into space. early 40's definitely. Technically, they were around the same age as Professor X seeing as they all fought in Korea.

I feel like I read a comic with Reed visiting Nick Fury talking about their time in WWII before getting down to what important matter he wanted to speak to him about.

so how, by your standards, are the bionic six not a team of tokens?

I was hoping the smiley face would hint at the sarcasm but *sigh* never mind. I'll put a sarcasm warning next time.
Enjoy your day.

Dear brothas,

Since we are on the subject of castings, what comic book movie do you guys think Paula Patton should be in?

If Marvel get the X-men right's they should re-boot the whole cast. I'd co-sign her as the new Storm.
Can't think of anything else of the top of my head.

Bionic Six had an Asian member whose name was Karate-1. That's some super tokensim right there.

They also had an adopted black son named "IQ."

Which is also kind of a cliche: it is amazing how many team-based action adventure shows/movies I can name where the black guy is the technology expert.

We're either the tech expert or the intimidating brute. Or both, in Star Trek TNG's case.

That's one reason why Sisko is the best captain. He's got a great balance with what makes both Kirk and Picard great, but he's also not a black stereotype.

You mean Picard's ability to consider options beforehand, and Kirk's hilariously over the top acting?

Sisko is also the only captain to not take s*** from Q. Sisko clocked him and he never came back.

Sisko is also the only captain to not take s*** from Q. Sisko clocked him and he never came back.

I used to loathe Deep Space Nine, but I had to look that event up on Youtube. Epicness. Sheer epicness.

[YT]watch?v=f_NQnac8Abk[/YT]

They also had an adopted black son named "IQ."

Which is also kind of a cliche: it is amazing how many team-based action adventure shows/movies I can name where the black guy is the technology expert.

I always thought it was weird that IQ didn't have the "1" in his name like everyone else. Though I guess Smart-1 sucks as a name and IQ-1 isn't something to brag about.

We're either the tech expert or the intimidating brute. Or both, in Star Trek TNG's case.

or Bionic 6, heh. IQ was both in one.

They should do a new version of this just like they do everything else. I'd switch things up, though: a latino/a would be included this time, for one. Also the parents would be an interracial couple (plug in whichever races you like) and only one of the kids would be their birth child. Of the 3 adoptees one would be white so that this time around it would be less of a Different Strokes/Webster thing going on. :meanie:

Needless to say some of (if not all) the names would be changed. Mother-1? Karate-1? Yeesh.

I'd be down for a new Bionic Six. Damn, that was back when the Sci-Fi channel showed Sat morning cartoons.

So who would be considered the most beautiful woman of Marvel now?
hmmmmm i would say She-Hulk! girl has some backside! plus we all know lawyers are sexy! Just look at LA LAW!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH hell yeah he was! and that dude "QUICK-KICK" on G.I. Joe! that dude was running around with no shirt,no shoes with throwing stars and Nunchuks while everybody else had body Armour and laser blasters!

Tech guys!?! when did we become tech guys i always thought we were comic relief like Jazz in that %^&head michael bay's transformers
or
Brutes like "Chocolate mouuse" in Top secret

hqdefault.jpg

however i am sure he made a mean Crepe Suzette!
hahahaha
I am cool with people thinking i am technical now thinking i am like those ghetto robots with the gold tooth that's another story!

Last edited:
Tech guys!?! when did we become tech guys i always thought we were comic relief like Jazz in that %^&head michael bay's transformers

Take a gander at this list:

Barney from Mission Impossible (1960s)
Doc from the Galaxy Rangers
IQ from the Bionic Six
Cyborg from Superfriends: Galactic Guardians
Grant from Mission Impossible (1980s)
Geordi from Star Trek TNG
Luther from the Mission Impossible movies
Cyborg from Teen Titans
Mr. Terrific from Justice League Unlimited
Hardison from Leverage

I'd be down for a new Bionic Six. Damn, that was back when the Sci-Fi channel showed Sat morning cartoons.

Bionic Six is much older than that. Bionic Six ran on public television back in the daya of Denver the Last Dinosaur, Centurians, M.A.S.K., Visonaries, Masters of the Universe, Macron, Bravestar, C.O.P.S. etc. The Sci-Fi Channel animation block was more around the time of Botz Master.

Maxine from Batman Beyond

would Panthro or Winston Zedmore count? they were the group mechanics. i just count Panthro because i always imagined him as "the black thundercat."

I really do want a Static movie. WB needs to just get on that one.

Maxine from Batman Beyond

would Panthro or Winston Zedmore count? they were the group mechanics. i just count Panthro because i always imagined him as "the black thundercat."

From a nerd perspective, I'd have to say nay to both those assertions. I know what you mean about Panthro, but he's a big cat, come on dude. :) As for Winston, he really isn't the tech expert of the group, considering Ray and Egon. The tech experts I cited is generally the group's go-to guy for inventive technological solutions to problems, rather than just the fixit guy.

Last edited:
Didn't Ludacris suddenly become the tech guy in the Fast & Furious movies?

Take a gander at this list:

Barney from Mission Impossible (1960s)
Doc from the Galaxy Rangers
IQ from the Bionic Six
Cyborg from Superfriends: Galactic Guardians
Grant from Mission Impossible (1980s)
Geordi from Star Trek TNG
Luther from the Mission Impossible movies
Cyborg from Teen Titans
Mr. Terrific from Justice League Unlimited
Hardison from Leverage

Interesting. Feels like it's just sneaked up on us, but it's been in front of our eyes the whole time. I'm actually really glad efforts have been made to create intelligent black role models in sci fi, not just the muscle or comedic sidekick.

Didn't Ludacris suddenly become the tech guy in the Fast & Furious movies?

haha yea. One of the black guys in the step up movies is some random tech guy too. the connection between techies and black men transcends even cheesy dance moives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"