The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw there was a thread for Batman Returns and thought why cant the original get its own. So here it is the official thread for Batman (89). Chat about your favorite scenes, ask questions, post pics, and just chat about the 1st Batman movie that was apart of many of our childhoods.

bat-signal-edit.jpg

Last edited:
^ LOL! so funny it's like Batman is taking his school picture and the Joker as the prankster he is jumps into the portrait.

haha Keaton looks a little bored there...

Maybe he had to piss really bad and Jack knew it and wanted to annoy him, knowing how long it took to get the suit off lol.

I'm interested to see what Keaton thinks of his new Hot Toys likeness!

Do you think he'll even see it? Or want to look at it?

I would imagine so... there doesn't seem to be any bad blood when he talks about Batman. I'd think it was the coolest damn thing ever if i was him.

Keaton and Nicholson have control over their likeness so I'm positive they would have seen the prototype heads

Did Christian Bale ever publicly say anything about his Batman/Bruce Wayne Hot Toys figure?

Keaton and Nicholson have control over their likeness so I'm positive they would have seen the prototype heads

I don't know if they actually do have control seeing as how Hot Toys is not an American company. Different licensing agreements over there and what not... I could be wrong about that. :cwink:

A lot of toy companies nowadays do head scans. If they molded Nicholson's face the old fashion way then damn that's very impressive.

I don't know if they actually do have control seeing as how Hot Toys is not an American company. Different licensing agreements over there and what not... I could be wrong about that. :cwink:

That doesn't apply in this case....Nicholson owns his Joker likeness and was (rumored to be) the reason there wasn't an 89 line earlier...unsure if Keaton "owns" his, but I know he does have final say over the product pertaining is image

I knew that Nicholson owned his likeness... he made a smart deal back in 89. Kinda makes me wonder why the Joker figure is about $30 more than the Keaton Batman... maybe ole Jack is getting 10% of every figure or something? :cwink:

I would imagine Joker is a bit more because fabric costs more than plastic

It was probably more difficult sculpting his face than Keaton's chin.

Oh I see on Sideshow it says that each Joker face is individually hand painted... so yeah I guess that counts for something too!

Michael, stop slouching. And wipe that smirk off your face!

haha, I reckon he must've gotten tired of every person on set wanting a photo with him

His name is Todd Williams--he was the suit wrangler for the 89 movie

I watched B89 for the third or fourth time time in like three weeks this morning. It's just great escapist entertainment. I just love Keaton and Jack. And for being a man of 50, Jack is pretty graceful if you look closely.

Jack still cracks me up.

"Well... it's time to retire!"

Speaking of Hot Toys, I would love to see a Hot Toys Joker figure of when he first sees Grisham. In his tattered and burnt trenchcoat. It's a great image. I also noticed in that scene how much Jacks's Joker resembles Dick Sprang's Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"