Batman '89 The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 6

Jeez. 70. I had no idea. I always thought Elfman was just about Burton’s age.

So, a cinema an hour from where I live just announced tonight a program to celebrate "100 years of Warner Bros", showing classics from the studio every Monday night, until the end of the year.
There's so much stuff : The Wizard of Oz, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, Blader Runner, Shining, The Exorcist... and in November: Batman, Batman Returns, The Dark Knight and Joker.

Of course, I immediately grabbed my tickets for both Burton bat-films. I'm HYPED! :woo:

Born in the end of the 80s, I only discovered these movies on VHS around 92-93, so I've never had the chance to see them on the big screen before. I will finally be able to fix this!

Just watched B89 again in prep for The Flash. It's crazy to me that with each new recent viewing, I wind up loving this film more and more. I've loved it since before I can remember and have seen it literally hundreds of times, but I'm come to appreciate it so much more in recent years and I do think it is my favorite Batman film. There are still new things that I continue to pick up or focus on.

Despite some things that are not technically "comic accurate", I think the film completely nails the essence of Batman in so many ways. It really is such a revolutionary CBM.

I still cant believe that Keaton will Return as Batman in the Next Week i hope we see more of him in the Future if Flash is his last time as Batman i hope we have a Good Farewell

Kind of wild how much that Joker looks like Bermejo’s. Love that tagline, too.

Knowing what we know now about Kane… there’s no way he drew that, right?

Knowing what we know now about Kane… there’s no way he drew that, right?

Sad thing is, we'll never know who actually did. Was in his usual ghost artist, Sheldon Moldoff?

A mystery not even the Riddler can solve.

Remember getting the DVD and being blown away by ''scene selections''. A watershed moment for us VHS babies.

That was my very first DVD disc, a gift from my dad after I rented it a lot of times - also the very first time I watched the full movie. Still have it today. :atp:

Cool as the Batmobile is, I’m really mainly interested in the Keaton figure, but the Keaton figures for The Flash went so damn fast, I’m not risking missing out this time around.

New 1989 Batman and Bruce Wayne statues by Prime 1 Studio.

Two versions :
- The Regular version sells for $1,599 and is only the Batman version.
- The Ultimate version sells for $2,799 and comes with the parts for both.

Madness...

Prime-1-Studio-Batman-1989-Batman-19.jpg

Prime-1-Studio-Batman-1989-Batman-03.jpg

Prime-1-Studio-Batman-1989-Batman-08.jpg

Prime-1-Studio-Batman-1989-Batman-18.jpg

Prime-1-Studio-Batman-1989-Batman-16.jpg

Prime-1-Studio-Batman-1989-Batman-39.jpg

Sources (with a ton of photos and more details) :
Batman | Statue | Prime 1 Studio
Batman | Statue | Prime 1 Studio

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely hope this is better than the last series.

Fingers crossed the writing is better. I honestly think they should have gone with a different writer like the Superman '78 book. I get the marketing angle with Hamm, but I think a current writer would have captured the spirit of Burton more.

That spirit is what was sorely missing from both the comic book and The Flash.

I do hope this one feels a bit more like Burton than the first series did. The inclusion of a villain like Scarecrow might help.

I’m psyched for this! Hope the story is better, but the inclusion of Scarecrow and Harley is already a plus. I’m guessing this will be heavily inspired by the Batman Triumphant which would have been the follow up to Batman & Robin

Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow even seems to be loosely based on Jeff Goldblum who was rumored to be up for the role back in 1998

I never finished the first series, there was such a long gap between issues 4 and 5 that I just kind of forgot about it and didn't read the last two. At this point I might as well just reread the first four issues. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's a novelty concept seeing that story continued. It would also be cool to see a Robin Williams Riddler show up.

To be honest, Hamm being involved lowers my interest. Sam writes a fine Batman, but his blatant attempt at revisionism with the end of Batman '89 (Bruce insisting that he isn't a killer, unlike Selina) is just patently ridiculous.

The movies were what they were, Sam. Let's not play pretend. :funny:

Oh Goddammit, Todd, that looks great. I need you to get around to individual Burton figures today.

Don’t know how I missed this…

WB/DC really know how to capture the spirit of Burton's Batman.

866f18c14068d53788a5dfa72ea96246.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"