The Official Batman Comic Thread

Anybody else read #672 yet?

I've been pretty quick to crap on Morrison throughout this run, but I liked this issue. Story-wise it probably should have come out six months ago, before the "Batmen of All Nations" arc, but it's nice to see that the "Three Ghosts of Batman" idea wasn't completely abandoned.

Things set up for next issue to be pretty strange, ([blackout]Bat-Mite[/blackout]) but if handled right the next couple of months could tie a whole lot of loose ends together and make Morrison's entire run seem more cohesive:

Jezebel, the giant Bane-looking cop in the Batman uniform, the other Batman cop who shot the Joker in the face, and the devil Batman from #666 are all either seen or mentioned in #672.
Also: I'm really, really liking Tony Daniel's art. Some of the pages give me a real 1970s vibe. And I wish I had a scanner because there's one splash page in this issue of Batman jumping through the beam of the Bat-signal that was truly badass in a Dark Knight Returns kind of way.

I really enjoyed the latest issue too. I had to go back and reread the Three Ghost of Batman stuff to reacquaint myself with the storyline due to all the damn interruptions we got. That damn Ra's Al Ghul storyline really ruined the flow of Morrison's and Dini's runs. Bastards.

But definitely good stuff and I agree about Tony Daniel. He's an awesome artist and I actually like him a lot more than Kubert.

Great issue. I agree, DLM, that full page of Batman in the light was truly awesome. I'd scan it, but my scanner blows chunks. I still prefer Andy Kubert, but this Three Ghosts of Batman is easily the highlight of Morrison's run so far. Finally looking forward the next few issues.

Really looking forward to Detective Comics starting this week. Dustin Nguyen is the new artist joining writer Paul Dini. Should be good.

Hey, I don't get comics on a regular basis but I like to keep up on this stuff. Would someone be able to tell me about this Batman and Son series?Is it canon?

I really, really hope the guy who created the three "fake batmen" was not Bat-Mite, because then Morrison would just have copied "Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?"

Hey, I don't get comics on a regular basis but I like to keep up on this stuff. Would someone be able to tell me about this Batman and Son series?Is it canon?

It is canon. His name's Damien, and he played a big role in the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul crossover.

Can anyone tell me if "Batman : Face The Face" is any good and worth buying..?

I liked it, but it was the first story I read when I got into comics regularly, so I probably would've liked anything. :) If I recall, it's got a major turning point in Bruce and Tim's relationship at the end as well.

BATMAN #676
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and variant cover by Tony Daniel & Sandu Florea
Cover by Alex Ross
Are you ready for "Batman R.I.P."?
Beginning the epic story that will change the legend of the Dark Knight forever! Everything in Grant Morrison's groundbreaking run on Batman has been leading to this story, and nothing will ever be the same again.
Who will live? Who will die? Who will be Batman? The answers are sure to shock you in "Batman R.I.P.," featuring artwork by Tony Daniel & Sandu Florea and covers by Alex Ross.

Hey what is that comic where Joker says or does something evil?? And Lex Luthor says: "That sickens me"?? and punches Joker??

^ It might be something different to this. I only heard about it and can't remember how it went.

I just know Joker does or says something sick and Lex Luthor is even appauled by it and says something about being offended or punches him because of being appauled..

I really enjoyed Detective this month. Love the Hatter. Just wish they'd give him more than a single issue story.

ok, i was wrong about morrison- it's all starting to pay off- makes me feel a Little better about blowing cash and complaining for so long- i Do enjoy being proved wrong and now i'm looking forward to finding about more about Hurt & where this thing's goin...
oh, and that was a Money chiclet spray...

Its good to hear somebody agree,I have really been enjoying this run and it shows things are tying in together. For me it was sad to see my favorite artist Andy Kubert leave but Tony Daniel's skill seems to be growing by the month.

ok, i was wrong about morrison- it's all starting to pay off- makes me feel a Little better about blowing cash and complaining for so long- i Do enjoy being proved wrong and now i'm looking forward to finding about more about Hurt & where this thing's goin...
oh, and that was a Money chiclet spray...

I agree that things are really starting to come together for Morrison's run. There's still a lot of things I'm not crazy about, like Damian and Batman driving Joe Chill to suicide, but I'm definitely going to stick with this story to see how it all shakes out.

I also think that if you string an audience along with very little closure on anything for nearly two years without wrapping up threads you introduced in the first issue of the arc--such as Jezebel and the Bat-cop who shot the Joker way back in #655--it'd had better be a damn good payoff when all is said and done. (The same thing applies to 'LOST'). I hope Morrison doesn't let us down.

hey guys,

I just picked up 664-669 and 672 to 674 to catch up with the Morrison run.

Is that all I need to catch up?I already read batman and son a few months back but never bought it.

Yeah, other than the Ra's al Ghul arc, the only thing you're missing is the prose issue with the Joker, issue 663.

yea,i was told all I had to know from Batman and Son was that there was a Batman running around with a gun who shot the Joker

It's almost a shame that they stuck the Rha's arc where they did as it seems to disrupt what Morrison was doing. It took me a while to get back on track. :( I was very happy with the latest ish, though, and looking forward to more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"