The Official Batman Comic Thread

8659400x600it7.jpg

Batman #673

Written by Grant Morrison; Art by Tony Daniel & Jonathan Glapion; Cover by Daniel

In the wake of Ra's al Ghul's recent resurrection, Batman's body lies near death in a heart-stopped coma. Meanwhile, his delirious mind travels back to a defining adventure in the life of young Bruce Wayne...the hunt for his parents' killer! This special flashback tale also revisits Batman's life-changing Thogal ritual in the caves of Nanda Parbat!

Batman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale January 30, 2008

i hope this is the last "My parents arrrre dead" story we'll see for the next 20 years.

So question: The three other Batmen, have they been touched on any more with all this Ra's stuff going on? I know 666 had Damian fighting one of them in the possible future, but I was wondering if they'd popped up in one of the other Bat family books? I've only been reading the main Batman comic, and not Detective Comics or Robin (I think I've stayed fairly up to date, the last I've read was 670). And what about the Joker story that was launched in motion in 663? I haven't seen anything going on with that, but I've read somewhere that Countdown and the JLA titles have been doing something with him? Oh and what's the deal with 659-662? In the back of page 658, it said 659 would be the Midnight Clown story. That came in 663, and I've as of yet been unable to locate 659-662. Did they change the numbering for some reason?

as of yet been unable to locate 659-662. Did they change the numbering for some reason?

No numbering change. 659-662 was a 4 pt. story arc called 'Grotesk'. I'm not sure why the numbering changed with the Joker issue. I've only been reading the main Batman title as well, apart from the 2 part Scarecrow story recently in Detective.

No numbering change. 659-662 was a 4 pt. story arc called 'Grotesk'. I'm not sure why the numbering changed with the Joker issue. I've only been reading the main Batman title as well, apart from the 2 part Scarecrow story recently in Detective.

Thanks very much, I'll try and track those down.

Stoopid crossovers. I didn't know I needed Robin 168 until after I read this latest issue. :mad: This on an arc that still isn't really grabbing me. *sigh*

Stoopid crossovers. I didn't know I needed Robin 168 until after I read this latest issue. :mad: This on an arc that still isn't really grabbing me. *sigh*

Yea.. it's annoying but DC's clever way of upping sales for their other Bat-related titles.

I hope that's the only crossover issue. :( I don't want to be hunting these things down.

Yeah, I picked those up too. At least the story is good enough that i'm not minding it all that much.

so what happened in the latest issue? i haven't been able to get to my shop and thelast issue i got was the end of the batmen of all nations story

Rhas is somehow alive -- he took over some guy's body -- but it's dying. He wants to implant his consciousness into Damien's body. So far it's mainly been Rha's henchmen chasing Damien around who went to the Mansion and got Robin and Nightwing to help him. Batman is working with Talia to find Rha's and stop him. We're only halfway through this thing so I don't know how it ends.

Rhas is somehow alive -- he took over some guy's body -- but it's dying. He wants to implant his consciousness into Damien's body. So far it's mainly been Rha's henchmen chasing Damien around who went to the Mansion and got Robin and Nightwing to help him. Batman is working with Talia to find Rha's and stop him. We're only halfway through this thing so I don't know how it ends.
oh:dry: this whole thing sound wierd...

It is a bit strange, especially for me who hasn't been reading Batman for all that long. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"