The Official Batman Comic Thread

Not really. Just stick with Detective, which is much better.

Not really. Just stick with Detective, which is much better.

Batman and Son was pretty good IMO. Hopefully Batman begins to crossover with Countdown.

I enjoy both Detective and Batman so I can't really give an opinion on this. :woot:

Solicit for #669:

BM_Cv669_solicit.jpg
BATMAN #669
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by J.H. Williams III
Concluding a 3-part story by Grant Morrison and J.H. Williams III! Batman’s reunion with the Club of Heroes turns into a deathtrap as Robin and the Squire are kidnapped by the Black Glove! And with the Club of Villains lurking in the shadows, can good possibly triumph?
On sale September 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

I like that cover. It's pretty slick. I'm definitely psyched for that story arc, especially after reading about all the different Batman-like characters that are going to be in the story. Can't wait to see Bat-Hombre! HA!

I like that cover. It's pretty slick. I'm definitely psyched for that story arc, especially after reading about all the different Batman-like characters that are going to be in the story. Can't wait to see Bat-Hombre! HA!

^^agreed.

Solicitation for #670:
BM_Cv670_solicit.jpg

BATMAN #670
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by Tony Daniel
The next chapter of Batman’s life starts here! The shadow of Batman’s archfoe Ra’s al Ghul still looms large over the head of the Dark Knight. Is Ra’s al Ghul destined to live again? Batman begins his quest for the truth in this special prelude to “The Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul,” guest-starring Talia al Ghul, Damian, the Sensei and I-Ching!
On sale October 31 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Daniel. :up:

I can't wait for Ra's to come back, either.

What a cover. :up:

By the way, when does the annual with Ra's come out?

Is Ra’s al Ghul destined to live again?

“The Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul,”

Um, yeah

Why do I have the feeling there's a connection between Bruce and Rhas no one knows about?

check out newsarama .com for a big preview on issue 666- curious what y'all think of it- interesting bit about commissioner gordon...

Batman is really becoming a great title!! 666 looks great!!

666 was incredibly mediocre...I hate whenever an author goes into the future of a character "in continuity", because we all know it's really totally meaningless and no other writer is going to follow it.

666 was incredibly mediocre...I hate whenever an author goes into the future of a character "in continuity", because we all know it's really totally meaningless and no other writer is going to follow it.

i think this arc needed to be a bit more fleshed out. The last issue, we see Damian getting some sort of Robocop experiment done to him after he was caught in the explosion several issues ago.

Too much has happened in this arc and it all seemed rushed. I enjoyed it, but this recent issue was just...meh.

more lameness, no answers, bull****, cheeky inside jokes that don't make up for lack of resolution to a nonexistent plot- wtf Is this crap? bring on bat hombre, you can't **** on this title any more than you have or make any less sense. i've been hanging on for awhile & i don't mind waiting for a punchline for a While, but this is just ******ed. does anybody else feel insulted by this issue and the new bats n rob? why did i bother waiting? i may buy more, but they Damn sure killed All my enthusiasm and 'looking forward to the next issue'ness i had for these titles. screw morrison; couldn't they afford a real writer? i'm sorry, i loved arkham as much as anybody, but this was a Huge disappointment and reminds me that i've been waiting for the next issue to kick more ass for pretty much all of 2007. i wanted to like this issue, but after i finished it, i reread it trying to figure out wtf i missed, then threw it across the room and thanked All the comics gods i saved the new Goon for last-

#667 was alright, can't wait till Daniel's art kicks in, the art from 667 was the usual fill in artist who is just too drab.

I hate it when they advertise one cover and release another. I wish this one would've been used for Annual #26.

7790_400x600.jpg

8508400x600vl6.jpg

Written by Grant Morrison; Art by Tony Daniel and Jonathan Glapion; Cover by Daniel

The Gotham Police HQ is taken over by the mysterious Third Batman who begins to kill cops, working his way towards Jim Gordon as he tells his tale and waits for his prize: the life of the Dark Knight, in exchange for the lives of the precinct cops. What dark secret from Batman's past lies behind the creation of the Impostor Batmen? Guest starring Bat-Mite!

Batman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale December 26, 2007

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back