• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lara is fighting tomorrow night aint he? Against Delvin Rodriguez I believe.

Agreed, this is the biggest fight out there right now. If the fight does infact happen in Oct or Nov, I hope people don't get fleeced yet again with Floyd's Sept 12 mismatch with Khan. I think that would sour people even more and people would be even more hesitant to buy the Cotto/Canelo fight, which is guaranteed to have fire works.

Why in the world would one boxing match sour someone's decision to buy another? One has nothing to do with the other, just like people were saying Floyd & Manny's fight would "save" boxing. No it wouldn't, doesn't matter if it were Gatti-Ward level drama.

First off, boxing never needs the saving casual fans think it does (obviously I'm not accusing you of thinking that) but more importantly, groups of fighters is what makes the sport thrive in the mainstream. Canelo, Cotto, Floyd & Manny have all been popular for more than a few years, it had absolutely zero impact on casual fans because 4 big names aren't enough, especially in just one or two divisions.

A great fight with Canelo & Cotto would be just that, a great fight, not any sort of jumping off point for people who don't already care about boxing. They both have huge fanbases, it'll sell regardless...

Agreed, this is the biggest fight out there right now. If the fight does infact happen in Oct or Nov, I hope people don't get fleeced yet again with Floyd's Sept 12 mismatch with Khan. I think that would sour people even more and people would be even more hesitant to buy the Cotto/Canelo fight, which is guaranteed to have fire works.

That was huge back then, and without the help of social media, 24/7 type show and a 5 year wait.

GTFO with your Lara nonsense, it's getting tiresome, nobody wants to see Lara. What do I keep telling you? Lara is ass. Golovkin steam rolls him easily or Lara runs more than he did with Canelo. That's the only way that fight would end.
If that's the case, then why doesn't GGG fight him? Also, GGG's team has been caught in a flat out lie, yet you seem to completely ignore it. Dude is all hype.

Why in the world would one boxing match sour someone's decision to buy another? One has nothing to do with the other, just like people were saying Floyd & Manny's fight would "save" boxing. No it wouldn't, doesn't matter if it were Gatti-Ward level drama.

First off, boxing never needs the saving casual fans think it does (obviously I'm not accusing you of thinking that) but more importantly, groups of fighters is what makes the sport thrive in the mainstream. Canelo, Cotto, Floyd & Manny have all been popular for more than a few years, it had absolutely zero impact on casual fans because 4 big names aren't enough, especially in just one or two divisions.

A great fight with Canelo & Cotto would be just that, a great fight, not any sort of jumping off point for people who don't already care about boxing. They both have huge fanbases, it'll sell regardless...

You don't think disgruntled casuals will be pissed off that they won't want to shell out more money for another PPV a month later?

*shrugs* whatever, all I know is this is the biggest fight out there to be made and the only one I'll be paying for, for the rest of the year.

If that's the case, then why doesn't GGG fight him? Also, GGG's team has been caught in a flat out lie, yet you seem to completely ignore it. Dude is all hype.

No money in it. It's all about the money right? That's what you've been saying for years.

HBO won't do business with Haymon. Golovkin is contractually obligated to HBO and Lara sold his soul to the devil Haymon, which is why he's fighting for peanuts, against a nobody on a channel nobody really watches.

Golovkin can make more money fighting Canelo/Cotto winner and get the lineal MW championship than fighting a 154 pounder that ran in the biggest fight of his life.

If Lara had at least beaten Canelo in a dominant fashion and fought a fight or two in middleweight then yeah make a case for him to fight GGG, but since the Canelo marathon, he's fought Ishe Smith and upcoming Delvin Rodriguez. big whoop. Where's the fan demand for that? Who, apart from you, and the 5 Lara fans out there want to see the fight?

Never gonna happen, Lara needs to stay on PBC with his daddy Haymon, fighting nobodies and earning that "chicken feed" to give to his pigeons.

And that was GGG trainer talking, dude is always talking. Nothing new.

Yet GGG fought Willie Monroe who many in the boxing community have never heard of. That's a pathetic excuse.

Yet GGG fought Willie Monroe who many in the boxing community have never heard of. That's a pathetic excuse.
Willie Monroe simply helped build his brand, without much risk. You are being willfully annoying here.

It was a tune up fight, many fighters have been doing it for years, this wasn't an "event" type fight.

And you complaining about Willie Monroe, but are perfectly ok with Lara fighting Delvin Rodriguez and whatever other tomato can Haymon can come up with?

Now that's pathetic on your part.

Seriously what does GGG gain by knocking the crap out of Lara?

I'd love to see GGG/Lara, but it makes no sense for GGG.

Willie Monroe simply helped build his brand, without much risk. You are being willfully annoying here.

No, it gives GGG a name to his void resume. Lara has actually names to his resume, not cab drivers. He fought Trout, Canelo, Paul Williams........who exactly has GGG fought that has made people afraid of him? He said he'd fight ANYONE from 154-174..........now he's been called out by Ward, Lara, Andrade and lawd knows who else, now it's a money thing. Dude is 33 and hasn't fought someone with a pulse yet! Sorry I ain't buying the new HBO hype train(see Donaire)because once they get into the ring with someone, it shows just how hyped up they really are.

It was a tune up fight, many fighters have been doing it for years, this wasn't an "event" type fight.

And you complaining about Willie Monroe, but are perfectly ok with Lara fighting Delvin Rodriguez and whatever other tomato can Haymon can come up with?

Now that's pathetic on your part.

Seriously what does GGG gain by knocking the crap out of Lara?

Lara's quote was "since GGG and I are the most avoided men in boxing, let's make it happen!" And he's right to a degree. Make it happen.

For the record, I honestly don't think Lara would last 9 rounds with GGG but not before exposing him more so than Monroe did. There's a reason why all these fighters are calling him out after his last fight.

Seriously, now you're just getting more annoying with this Lara nonsense.

I already told you why that fight can't get made stating FACTS, not my opinions.

If you can't get that through your head, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I'm done talking about this Lara nonsense. Wake me up when Haymon breaks bread with HBO and he actually puts his fighters in meaningful fights.

Or if Lara(B-side) really wants GGG(A-side), he needs to leave Haymon. Same thing Floyd fans were telling Manny to do right?

No, it gives GGG a name to his void resume. Lara has actually names to his resume, not cab drivers. He fought Trout, Canelo, Paul Williams........who exactly has GGG fought that has made people afraid of him? He said he'd fight ANYONE from 154-174..........now he's been called out by Ward, Lara, Andrade and lawd knows who else, now it's a money thing. Dude is 33 and hasn't fought someone with a pulse yet! Sorry I ain't buying the new HBO hype train(see Donaire)because once they get into the ring with someone, it shows just how hyped up they really are.
Using your theory, why isn't Lara a bigger name then GGG? Why isn't Ward? Why won't Ward fight the names at 175? Why did Cotto look shook when he heard GGG's name? Let me guess, you have no answers, you're just gonna ramble some more and say everyone is against you.

Last edited:
Seriously, now you're just getting more annoying with this Lara nonsense.

I already told you why that fight can't get made stating FACTS, not my opinions.

If you can't get that through your head, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I'm done talking about this Lara nonsense. Wake me up when Haymon breaks bread with HBO and he actually puts his fighters in meaningful fights.

Or if Lara(B-side) really wants GGG(A-side), he needs to leave Haymon. Same thing Floyd fans were telling Manny to do right?
Docker will avoid this. That is an arrow right to the heart. :funny:

Quick boxing thoughts for heck of it:

Tyson in his prime has to be a contender for best boxer of all time. I do think Lennox Lewis is underrated by some. Sugar Ray Leonard has to be up there. Oh and I will say it -- Roy Jones Jr. over Mayweather and Pac as well. Ali is certainly the most significant boxer of all time concerning impact of course. He is the greatest :)

Tyson in his prime has to be a contender for best boxer of all time. I do think Lennox Lewis is underrated by some. Sugar Ray Leonard has to be up there. Oh and I will say it -- Roy Jones Jr. over Mayweather and Pac as well. Ali is certainly the most significant boxer of all time concerning impact of course. He is the greatest :)
- Tyson in his prime wasn't a top 20 boxer of all time.

- I agree on Lewis being underrated.

- Leonard was great, but slightly overrated. I'd take Hagler, Hearns and Duran over him.

- Roy Jones Jr. proved he was more athleticism then talent. Mayweather longevity have proven his skills. Roy Jones proved that once he lost a little speed, he was nothing.

- I'd take Jack Johnson and Joe Louis in terms of impact, but Ali is right up there.

I do see the argument against Roy Jones Jr indicating that his bad technique was simply covered with his insane speed. I think the massive fluctuations of weight had a lot to do with perceived decline though. :shrug: Just my opinion.

I can't wait until GGG fights a name and gets exposed. The ignorance or willful ignorance here is astounding. Anyway, unsubscribing.

I do see the argument against Roy Jones Jr indicating that his bad technique was simply covered with his insane speed. I think the massive fluctuations of weight had a lot to do with perceived decline though. :shrug: Just my opinion.
The weight did hurt him, but he got so bad after it, it showed he lacked the brain and skills imo. As soon as guys were able to catch him, he had nothing. Glass chin, bad offense, no defense.

- Tyson in his prime needed better competition to really solidify where his standing would be. I think he's underrated because of how quickly his star fell, and the guys he was beating on his rise, but IMO prime Tyson was extremely formidable. Particularly defensively which doesn't get much credit. His head movement and weaving was just as deadly as those hooks.

- Ray Leonard is one of my favorites, for sure he's up there for me.

- Lewis is very underrated, his style wasn't crowd pleasing all the time. He clinched a lot and wasn't always focused. But he was a warrior who fought damn near everybody. And beat them all.

- Roy is a personal favorite of mine, but as it was stated, he was more athleticism than skill. Fundamentally, his defense was all predicated on speed, once it went, he went.

Tyson - hardest hitter ever. Epic knockdowns man, total beast. I've never wet myself as an adult, but I can imagine in his prime... some people pissed themselves with reason facing him. :o

I can't wait until GGG fights a name and gets exposed. The ignorance or willful ignorance here is astounding. Anyway, unsubscribing.

:funny::funny::funny:

Please don't leave. You're too entertaining.

What a boring fight. Like I said before Lara is ass. Has a guy in front of him begging to get knocked out and yet Lara has that almost empty arena booing.

Yeah this is sure going to leave people craving a Lara/GGG fight :whatever:

The Kimbo/Shamrock promos have been more entertaining than this crap.

Lara would make an awesome long distance runner.:funny:

Tonight Deontay Wilder and Nicholas Walters are in action guy's but not on the same card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"