• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
117-111 felt a little wide to me. That was a pretty close fight. There are judges who would have given that to Algieri on aggression. Sort of reminded me a little of Khan/Peterson.

Pretty impressed with Algieri. I thought he hurt Khan a couple of times.

As for Khan, I'm sorry but I think he has seen better days. He is just a stupid fighter who gets caught by the same dumb stuff by everyone he fights. Mayweather eats him up and maybe gets a rare stoppage if they fight. I'm not sure who Khan is trying to be. He's trying to box like some slickster on the outside and he's not good at it.

Bradley did get his attention once or twice in that second fight though, might've been round 4 or 6, I don't remember exactly but I know on a few occasions he definitely caught Manny with something. I also don't think Manny's been on....whatever he was on since the speculation started around '09.

If Khan had better defense (and/or chin), he'd be much more dangerous, he throws some of the fastest combinations I've ever seen. Still, he was getting caught pretty cleanly at times and I think it's safe to say Algieri is no monster, but Khan was allowing him to pressure without much consequence.
But be honest, since he stopped juicing, hasn't it been one of the quickest declines you've ever seen!
117-111 felt a little wide to me. That was a pretty close fight. There are judges who would have given that to Algieri on aggression. Sort of reminded me a little of Khan/Peterson.

Pretty impressed with Algieri. I thought he hurt Khan a couple of times.

As for Khan, I'm sorry but I think he has seen better days. He is just a stupid fighter who gets caught by the same dumb stuff by everyone he fights. Mayweather eats him up and maybe gets a rare stoppage if they fight. I'm not sure who Khan is trying to be. He's trying to box like some slickster on the outside and he's not good at it.

I actually thought Algieri would knock Khan out after Khan's knees buckled in the first round. Khan's chin is clearly made of glass because dude is so worried about getting knocked out that it's really hard for him to let his hands go. If his chin wasn't so suspect, I'd actually give him a chance against Floyd because of his length and volume punching. But now with Floyd's accuracy, I agree that Floyd knocks Khan out within 7 rounds.

Johnson got blasted out by Joshua. Never been stopped but Joshua made him look like all the other bums he's knocked out in 2 rounds.

But be honest, since he stopped juicing, hasn't it been one of the quickest declines you've ever seen!

I actually thought Algieri would knock Khan out after Khan's knees buckled in the first round. Khan's chin is clearly made of glass because dude is so worried about getting knocked out that it's really hard for him to let his hands go. If his chin wasn't so suspect, I'd actually give him a chance against Floyd because of his length and volume punching. But now with Floyd's accuracy, I agree that Floyd knocks Khan out within 7 rounds.

Still with the PEDS nonsense? Post proof where he has been tested and busted for juicing, otherwise ****.

Tell you one thing though, there have been more guys from TMT that have been busted and suspended than there have been from Wildcard gym. And it's known in boxing circles that Floyd has tested positive for roids, but covered up from the NSAC.

But but Floyd tryin to clean up the sport doe.

What does Floyd have to do with Manny juicing? :huh: You are really obsessed with him!!

anyone wtch spike tv boxing countdown shows - are they good ???

worked on some boxing graphics on my day off

2010_boxing_by_boxingguy-d8vk5sa.jpg

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/06/0...rever-but-your-attitude-sucks-shantel-jackson

Lmao, with all of his success and riches, Floyd is just a sad, insecure, troubled person.

Between all of these yes men, these women that he pays to hang around him, his spending habits, gambling habits, lawyer fees and flashy lifestyle, he's going to be broke a few years after he retires.

Dude is screwed once he retires, he has nothing to fall back on

Just the pitfalls of uneducated rich people

Cotto Vs Geale tonight guy's. I can see Cotto winning by 8.

Really? I wouldn't be surprised if Cotto loses. But then again, he did make dude cut weight though.

Cotto looked SHARP !!!!!

I always thought HBO Boxing put on at least one undercard fight - then the main event... They kind of cut straight to the main event... Felt rushed...

But great event, great show... Cotto vs. Canelo or GGG - will be awesome...

The reason I thought Cotto would lose is because he's not a true Middleweight. Him fighting guys naturally bigger than him will eventually catch up with him. He needs to give up the belt.

The reason I thought Cotto would lose is because he's not a true Middleweight. Him fighting guys naturally bigger than him will eventually catch up with him. He needs to give up the belt.

You don't seem to like Cotto much? Dude's an all time great, I know Sergio was one of your favs, and had that fight taken place a few years earlier it definitely would've been tougher, but Cotto's great. He's versatile, can box or brawl, can take punishment and he's craftier than people give him credit for. Middleweight or not I don't think GGG or Canelo is just gonna walk through him...

I actually do like Cotto but even he said he's not a true Middleweight so why hold the belts hostage? The Canelo/Cotto fight to me is 50/50 and I have no dog in that fight, though I will be watching it.

Canelo / Cotto will break a million ppv buys easily.... Never underestimate the numbers of hispanic viewership in America.

Not sure it will break a million honestly. If I was a gambling man, I'd say around 750,000-800,000 max.

Mexico vs. Puerto Rico - That is a SELLING ticket, imo.... I remember how big Trinidad vs. Oscar was back in 1999 !

He's starting it up again!!!
:sly:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/06/erislandy-lara-targeting-golovkin-after-delvin-rodriguez-fight/

Now watch this bold face lie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEIzxPWuYOk

Last edited:
Not sure it will break a million honestly. If I was a gambling man, I'd say around 750,000-800,000 max.
I think it will do a million. Canelo is becoming a real fan favorite, and Cotto always brings his buys.

Canelo / Cotto will break a million ppv buys easily.... Never underestimate the numbers of hispanic viewership in America.

Agreed, this is the biggest fight out there right now. If the fight does infact happen in Oct or Nov, I hope people don't get fleeced yet again with Floyd's Sept 12 mismatch with Khan. I think that would sour people even more and people would be even more hesitant to buy the Cotto/Canelo fight, which is guaranteed to have fire works.

Mexico vs. Puerto Rico - That is a SELLING ticket, imo.... I remember how big Trinidad vs. Oscar was back in 1999 !

That was huge back then, and without the help of social media, 24/7 type show and a 5 year wait.

He's starting it up again!!!
:sly:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/06/erislandy-lara-targeting-golovkin-after-delvin-rodriguez-fight/

Now watch this bold face lie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEIzxPWuYOk

GTFO with your Lara nonsense, it's getting tiresome, nobody wants to see Lara. What do I keep telling you? Lara is ass. Golovkin steam rolls him easily or Lara runs more than he did with Canelo. That's the only way that fight would end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"