The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What division(s) in boxing is the best/money maker? I already know the welterweight is one weight class.

These day's it's more like individuals rather than divisions dude. But anything between Lightweight and Welterweight is pretty good these day's.

Last edited:
Has Ward called out the light heavyweight division? He never has. GGG has called out the Super Middleweight division but hasn't liked the responses.

No he's calling out the Middleweight division.

Kovalev has been calling out Ward for a while now, yet Ward and his fans have kept quiet, as soon as there's mention of GGG and who he's fighting, Ward always gets brought up.

Why aren't there any "Kovalev should be fighting Ward" posts after Kovalev made he next fight announcement last week?

I haven't heard nearly the same amount of noise, for the same amount of time, from Kovalev as I hear from GGG and/or his camp. But Stark, if you're trying to say, once again, that a professional champion level boxer is "afraid" of someone, it's just complete disrespect and idiocy. Fights don't get made right away all the time, fear is hardly a factor as to why.

Of course you haven't, Ward fans choose not to hear when Kovalev speaks.

Ward my not be afraid of Kovalev per se, but I'm sure he's afraid to lose and lose out on bigger money fights after Kovalev beats his ass.

He knows riding out his Super 6 win is coming to an end, actually only hardcore fans remember the super 6, and fighting smaller guy (GGG) or name opponents (Chavez Jr) would be the only way to get big paydays.

It's not even really GGG himself, it's his crazy ass trainer who's always spouting off about Ward. At the May-Pac fight he caught up with GGG's promoter and told him to stop putting false stories out about him not wanting the fight. Really this whole time it's been pretty one-sided from the GGG camp and Ward's just been responding telling them to stop unless they want the fight. I don't see how he's wrong for doing that.

Well Kovalev's trainer has been spouting off how Kovalev would KO Ward, why are Ward fans not defending their hero? Why keep mum about that and only go after GGG?

Ya'll know Kovalev would F- up Ward bad. It would be a one sided ass whipping, and Ward fans know that.

No he's calling out the Middleweight division.

Kovalev has been calling out Ward for a while now, yet Ward and his fans have kept quiet, as soon as there's mention of GGG and who he's fighting, Ward always gets brought up.

Why aren't there any "Kovalev should be fighting Ward" posts after Kovalev made he next fight announcement last week?

Of course you haven't, Ward fans choose not to hear when Kovalev speaks.

Ward my not be afraid of Kovalev per se, but I'm sure he's afraid to lose and lose out on bigger money fights after Kovalev beats his ass.

He knows riding out his Super 6 win is coming to an end, actually only hardcore fans remember the super 6, and fighting smaller guy (GGG) or name opponents (Chavez Jr) would be the only way to get big paydays.

Well Kovalev's trainer has been spouting off how Kovalev would KO Ward, why are Ward fans not defending their hero? Why keep mum about that and only go after GGG?

Ya'll know Kovalev would F- up Ward bad. It would be a one sided ass whipping, and Ward fans know that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQmxyhWmQs
There you go!

I'm not even a Ward fan. Heh. But ok. I'll do it.

Ward should fight Kovalev.

GGG should fight Ward as well.

There.

Yeah non Ward fans can say the word Kovalev.

Ward fans though, tremble at the mere sight of the name, they be like "Kova??? dats Rushian, I don't speak no Rushian"

What about the middleweight division?

The division overall is in dire need of some top talent. It's going through one of it's bad phases. Mind you nothing like the Heavyweight division where it's one big crap hole.

No one said Ward shouldn't fight Kovalev, he should! But once he goes up in weight, it's going to be hard to come back down. If you look at the Light Heavyweight division, other than Kovalev, there really isn't anyone there. Most of the big fights are at Super Middleweight so it's kind of hard to say he should go up. Super Middleweight division is starting to grow again with guys like Degale, Dirrell, Groves, Froch and JCC Jr. Even Adonis Stevenson isn't a true Light Heavyweight. He went up to fight Dawson and just happen to strike lightning on his first try.

But again, Ward isn't calling out Kovalev but GGG's camp constantly calls out Ward. Either you want the fight or you don't. But don't go around and say you would knock Ward out and then when he's ready, you back out. I notice that when I gave you some evidence of GGG's camp calling out Ward, you have no response. Usual tactics! :whatever:

The division overall is in dire need of some top talent. It's going through one of it's bad phases. Mind you nothing like the Heavyweight division where it's one big crap hole.

Wasn't the middleweight division in the 80s and 90s the best division in boxing?

Wasn't the middleweight division in the 80s and 90s the best division in boxing?

80's was Welterweight but Middleweight wasn't far behind. But yeah even the 2000's had a very good Middleweight divsion the divsion right now is bad with Golovkin head and shoulders above anyone frankly.

Right now the division sucks. Cotto needs to give up the belt because he has no plans on fighting GGG even though he's the #1 contender, Quillen showed just how awful he was on PBC...........and that's all I can think of. There's actually better competition in the Super Middleweight division and Jr. Middleweight. Right now, there's absolutely no one who can challenge GGG in that division. Unless Canelo moves up of course. I actually give Canelo more of a chance than other people do because GGG seems to have suspect defense and if Canelo was to go up, he shouldn't be gassed do to cutting weight.

No one said Ward shouldn't fight Kovalev, he should! But once he goes up in weight, it's going to be hard to come back down. If you look at the Light Heavyweight division, other than Kovalev, there really isn't anyone there. Most of the big fights are at Super Middleweight so it's kind of hard to say he should go up. Super Middleweight division is starting to grow again with guys like Degale, Dirrell, Groves, Froch and JCC Jr. Even Adonis Stevenson isn't a true Light Heavyweight. He went up to fight Dawson and just happen to strike lightning on his first try.

But again, Ward isn't calling out Kovalev but GGG's camp constantly calls out Ward. Either you want the fight or you don't. But don't go around and say you would knock Ward out and then when he's ready, you back out. I notice that when I gave you some evidence of GGG's camp calling out Ward, you have no response. Usual tactics! :whatever:

LOL, Ward's next fight is at Lt Heavy! He's already in that weight! He won his gold medal as a Lt Heavy, quit acting like Lt Heavy is unfamiliar territory for him!

Super Middle is still dead, there's nothing growing, Dirrell just lost, Froch isn't going to fight Ward unless it's in Wembley, Groves got KO'd by Froch, what's the point in fighting Ward? JCC Jr? LOL Stevenson has been fighting at Lt Heavy for a number of years now. Get real, the only one is DeGale.

Lt Heavy has Kovalev, Stevenson, Fonfara, Beterbiev, Bika, and others. Way better competition

AND AGAIN, Kovalev's camp has been consistently calling out Ward. Either fight Kovalev or quit calling yourself and his fans calling him the best in and around that weight class.

Last edited:
I'd let the Ward/Kovalev fight simmer for a minute for build up purposes. I still understand why Ward isn't going up. There are bigger money fights in Super Middleweight division. I also can see Ward's name getting bigger if Jay Z promotes him well, which could happen. We shall see though.

I also think Dan Rafael is very biased when it comes to boxing. He says Lara and Rigo runs and lacks action but Bradley is an action fighter!? :huh: If that doesn't open up people's eyes about how biased he and HBO is, I don't know what will.

Kovalev V Stevenson for the undisputed title should be made before that.

Khan Algieri tonight and Joshua Johnson tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if Joshua can knock out a guy who's never been knocked out in the pros.

I also think Dan Rafael is very biased when it comes to boxing. He says Lara and Rigo runs and lacks action but Bradley is an action fighter!? :huh: If that doesn't open up people's eyes about how biased he and HBO is, I don't know what will.
This is actually true. Bradley has no power, but he still has more then a few action fights to his name. Lara and Rigo don't run though. Well except for that one time Lara did run, but that was an exception, not a rule.

This is actually true. Bradley has no power, but he still has more then a few action fights to his name. Lara and Rigo don't run though. Well except for that one time Lara did run, but that was an exception, not a rule.

Bradley really only had one action fight and that was when he had that concussion against Provodnokov. Bradley is the last guy I think of when we talk about action fighters.

Bradley really only had one action fight and that was when he had that concussion against Provodnokov. Bradley is the last guy I think of when we talk about action fighters.
He was trying to kill Manny with every punch in their second fight.

Khan V Algieri tonight guy's. I expect a UD win for Khan.

I do as well but I'm hoping Algieri pulls the upset. Khan is to freakin arrogant.

He was trying to kill Manny with every punch in their second fight.

C'mon man! That's like saying a fly was trying to take a chunk out of an elephant every time he bit him. On his roids, Manny was a monster.

I'd let the Ward/Kovalev fight simmer for a minute for build up purposes. I still understand why Ward isn't going up. There are bigger money fights in Super Middleweight division. I also can see Ward's name getting bigger if Jay Z promotes him well, which could happen. We shall see though.

Funny how you keep harping about how GGG needs to move up now because of his age yet Ward needs to wait.

:whatever:

Ward is also getting up in age, he wants his money and glory? He needs to go after Kovalev now.

C'mon man! That's like saying a fly was trying to take a chunk out of an elephant every time he bit him. On his roids, Manny was a monster.

Bradley did get his attention once or twice in that second fight though, might've been round 4 or 6, I don't remember exactly but I know on a few occasions he definitely caught Manny with something. I also don't think Manny's been on....whatever he was on since the speculation started around '09.

Great fight !!! Khan defeated Chris Algieri by UD

If Khan had better defense (and/or chin), he'd be much more dangerous, he throws some of the fastest combinations I've ever seen. Still, he was getting caught pretty cleanly at times and I think it's safe to say Algieri is no monster, but Khan was allowing him to pressure without much consequence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back