The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

well it was my 4th time over all...lol

It was packed though, and i was shocked by how many people were surprised at the
Good work :up:

Haha, yeah still new people seeing it for the 1st time! :woot:

As of Thur:

Domestic: $258,409,981
Foreign: $454,317,000
Worldwide: $712,726,981

I find it incredible that Cap will most likely be the domestic Box Office king until November when Hunger Games (or Intersteller a couple of weeks earlier) over take it. T4's pace will be caught this weekend.

Of note, I do think Guardians is a sleeper, so if that takes the summer, I won't mind.

In other news, Cap 2 is one of the few big budget sequels to have better legs than its immediate predecessor at the domestic box office (opening weekend of 1st Cap was 36.8% of its total domestic gross whereas the Cap 2 opening weekend is currently at 36.7% of its domestic gross).

Also, it looks like a safe bet that Marvel Studios will have the highest grossing superhero film each year domestically from 2010-2015! Batman Vs Superman may break that streak in 2016 but then again, I originally thought Spider-Man would this year. :)

I still think that by the time it's run in dollar theaters is over this film will have crossed the $260M mark. On another note, I'm very surprised to see TF4 losing steam so quickly that it'll probably fail to catch CATWS in the DOM market. Probably will fail to catch Lego Movie as well. Hopefully DotPotA can also do better than TF4 DOM.

CA: TWS is my favorite movie this year.

While TF was making 100k more than TWS during the weekdays, the weekends have been going in TWS favor.

TF has officially made less in day to day than TWS. It's made more WW, but America loves TWS more. :o

I hope Guardians also beats Transformers 4 :D

I hope the movie will crawl to $260 million, though $263 million domestic will not happen :( .

Isn´t it great how Marvel movies are performing?
both TWS and GoTG got great critics reviews, they are both praised by fans, TWS did $95 millions in it´s opening weekend and set new April record, GoTG did $94 millions and set new August record!!

Not to mention Xmen DoFP. Yes, its not an MCU film but its a major marvel property nonetheless. Xmen made a major comeback this year both critically and commercially. Overall, Marvel as a brand had a great year.

glad to see it still chugging along. Would have loved to catch TWS and GotG at a drive in

So close to $260 million! What an amazing run TWS has had.

Domestic Total as of Aug. 7, 2014 is at $259,545,867

They haven´t updated yet after the weekend, the distributor now is taking longer to report back the BO update!
I think past next weekend and the movie should be getting to $260 millions
it is interesting to see no other movie will make as much domestically, but it seems GoTG will go there... of course then it will be the other sequel for Hunger Games (is that the name of the movie? I don´t watch them, sorry!) but that is a huge franchise.
But if we think about the biggest BO are all Marvel, two from Marvel studios and one from Marvel/Fox

Domestic: $259,657,011
Worldwide: $713,974,011

Double Features were obviously not only cut but it lost over 100 theaters this w/e. It's going to a long slow climb to $260m now.

Domestic: $259,657,011
Worldwide: $713,974,011

Double Features were obviously not only cut but it lost over 100 theaters this w/e. It's going to a long slow climb to $260m now.

oh yes, the loss of theaters isn´t helping, $100.000 over a weekend... yep, then it won´t be $260 millions after next weekend, it will take them more.

what I don´t get is why in US alone, the distributor arranged for less theaters on it´s BO weekend than all the other movies, I mean TWS was at 3900 theaters, while all the other films this summer, including GoTG were released over 4000 theaters, it is 100 theaters less, but if the share per theater was as high as it was during that BO weekend, they could have made even more, doing a release at more than 4000 theaters... sorry, things I just wonder about the distribution :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"