Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of IM 2 we might get a scene in CW thats sorta similar to this one at the end :

[YT]zwQRQ6SbyMk[/YT]

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll finally get an explanation as to how Howard Stark got a hold of Vibranium.

For whatever reason Steve thought his shield was the last of it.

Did Howard Stark steal it, or did he work out some sort of deal with Azzari The Wise (the Black Panther during WW2)?

I wonder if we'll finally get an explanation as to how Howard Stark got a hold of Vibranium.

Did Howard Stark steal it, or did he work out some sort of deal with Azzari The Wise (the Black Panther during WW2)?
In the comics I believe Azzari gave President Roosevelt a supply of vibranium as a show of support against the nazis. Since Wakanda is an isolationist country and would not actively engage in a war on foreign soil, that would be a way to insure the US as an ally and help them in their fight against a clear threat, since they are most likely a major target for an aggressively expanding empire.

They fondued and she gave him a case of Vibranium

It was a .....pleasure stick made of vibranium that Howard later retrofitted to a frisbee.

And it was at that moment Howard's goose was truly cooked.

Would never happen...and it's Wakandan.

Yup, Wakandan's don't like outsiders.

That's why I'm so curious as to how Howard Stark got a hold of some Vibranium and how he survived to tell the tale.

The story changes in the comics because of Marvel's sliding time scale but Cap usually runs into the Black Panther during the War is really only allowed to leave because he earns the trust of the Black Panthers.

Sometimes The Panther mops the floor with Cap, other times it's draw but Panther has soldiers ready to go at a moments notice. In one instance Cap has the Howling Commando's with him and they're all captured by Wakandan soldiers.

I guess what I'm getting at is I find it hard to believe that Howard Stark could get a hold of Vibranium without stealing it or getting it from someone else.

There's a lot about Howard Stark we don't know. He could have won their respect and gotten a small amount of it as a token. He even says the small amount used to make the shield was all he had.

Charm and smarts can overcome any societal imposition. We are talking primal attraction here. She couldn't resist Stark. Took a ride in his floating car.

He does have the gift of the silver tongue. It's not hard to believe that he could have found favour with the Wakandans or the more likely senario is he managed to obtain it from someone who probably shouldn't have had it in the first place.

Maybe he was friends with T'Chaka's dad and he got it as a gift. I doubt that Howard would steal Vibranium.

Perhaps Stark got a bit of vibranium from Ulysses Klaue. I think it would be super cool moment if BP and Cap are fighting then BP's had enough and swings his claws into the shield and there's this big clash with sparks and ****. After that BP looks at Cap suprised and says: "THIEF!". :woot:

He does have the gift of the silver tongue. It's not hard to believe that he could have found favour with the Wakandans or the more likely senario is he managed to obtain it from someone who probably shouldn't have had it in the first place.

No, it actually is...

Unless they're going to radically change Wakandans. They're generally portrayed as not liking outsiders.

Part of the Black Panther's job is to protect the Vibranium mound. They especially want to keep it out of the hands of people that would weaponize it.

Perhaps Stark got a bit of vibranium from Ulysses Klaue. I think it would be super cool moment if BP and Cap are fighting then BP's had enough and swings his claws into the shield and there's this big clash with sparks and ****. After that BP looks at Cap suprised and says: "THIEF!". :woot:
That would be hilarious.

On a serious note, I hope a lot of BP's scenes are dark, because the chase scene from the first trailer looked absolutely fantastic. Idk about everyone else, but I'm a sucker for nighttime in general; whether in movies or video games (ASM, the GTA series, The Witcher 3 all look better at night).

No mix it up. The Russos nailed it in TWS. We had those awesome night time fight scenes where Cap infiltrates the tanker and takes out the Algerians and his fight with Batroc. Then we had that amazing day time fight between Cap and Bucky on the freeway or wherever the hell it was.

No, it actually is...

Unless they're going to radically change Wakandans. They're generally portrayed as not liking outsiders.

Part of the Black Panther's job is to protect the Vibranium mound. They especially want to keep it out of the hands of people that would weaponize it.

I get that but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. If we go by the stringent etiquette that Wakandans employ regarding outsiders, it really begs the question as to how Howard got his hands on it.

That's why I'm so curious as to how Howard Stark got a hold of some Vibranium and how he survived to tell the tale.

The story changes in the comics because of Marvel's sliding time scale but Cap usually runs into the Black Panther during the War is really only allowed to leave because he earns the trust of the Black Panthers.

Sometimes The Panther mops the floor with Cap, other times it's draw but Panther has soldiers ready to go at a moments notice. In one instance Cap has the Howling Commando's with him and they're all captured by Wakandan soldiers.

I guess what I'm getting at is I find it hard to believe that Howard Stark could get a hold of Vibranium without stealing it or getting it from someone else.

The ancient oracle of Wikipedia says:

In the distant past, a massive meteorite made up of the sound-absorbing mineral vibranium crashed in Wakanda, and is unearthed a generation before the events of the present-day. T'Challa, the current Black Panther, is the son of T'Chaka, the Black Panther before him and a descendant of Bashenga. Knowing that others would attempt to manipulate and dominate Wakanda for this rare and valuable resource, T'Chaka conceals his country from the outside world. He sells off minute amounts of the valuable vibranium while surreptitiously sending the country's best scholars to study abroad, consequently turning Wakanda into one of the world's most technologically advanced nations.

Pretty clean explanation. SSR/US Govt bought a little bit during WWII or pre-war (probably a quite pricey little bit) and commissioned Stark to make something out of it. Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
The ancient oracle of Wikipedia says:

Pretty clean explanation. SSR/US Govt bought a little bit (probably a quite pricey little bit) and commissioned Stark to make something out of it. Makes sense to me.

It's also a pretty dated explanation that's been retconned.

As it stands now Wakanda has always been technologically advanced dating back to Bashenga (the first Black Panther). The nation has always been hidden and never had allies or became part of the international community until T'Challa becomes king.

It's also a pretty dated explanation that's been retconned.

As it stands now Wakanda has always been technologically advanced dating back to Bashenga (the first Black Panther). The nation has always been hidden and never had allies or became part of the international community until T'Challa becomes king.

Ah yes, retconning. I can appreciate that. However, is doesn't negate the very reasonable explanation that the Monarch would at some point sell bits of the resource to finance other things. I'm not an economist, but I find the sort of economic isolation that would correspond to a nation being this hidden to be incompatible with advanced technology.

They must be shown as having some sort of trade relations even if they happen through a network of agents who do interface with the international community.

I'm also not a comic book reader (duh), but it is possible and highly likely that the actual movie may simplify the Wakandananian :whatever: backstory for those of us who need it to be streamlined and ELI5.

They said it was the last of what they had, meaning there was more in the world, they just didn't have any more

It could just as easily be that he knew there was more of it but was sworn to secrecy. In AOU Steve said "I thought your father got the last of it."

And if the government knew there was more of it I'm sure they'd be rather aggressively trying to get at it.

That's a great idea. You should write comics!

But I like another poster's idea, that Wakanda gifted some Vibranium to FDR to win the war, without getting involved themselves. Makes sense with their extremely isolationist tendencies, while also being extremely 'annoyed' that Rommel is doing tank-donuts in North Africa.

Boy, this is much more fun to talk about than the hot-diarrhea pile of 'BvS'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"