First Avenger The Official "Captain America Super Bowl Tv Spot" Thread

I don't know about his or your view,But there's no actual possibility of Thor or anything in general being good or bad!....It's all OPINIONS and not actual FACTS!!

Got that right. But I do know I enjoyed the first 5 seconds of the Cap trailer more than the entire Thor one. Its very hard not to contrast the two movies since they are both tied so closely to each other.

I agree. I use to just read Batman comics mainly, I still have love for all of them, even if I don't know as much. I'm stoked for Thor Capt, and GL this year. I guess I'm odd like that but I'm stoked to see em all.
I feel the same way, except I use to just read the Superman comics. I can't wait for ALL of the superhero movies this year and ESPECIALLY next year.

I've voiced most of my reservations about this movie in other threads. But I will say that I liked the Super Bowl ad. It's really what I was expecting to see, and it looks good...for a standard action/adventure flick. Based on the interviews and statements from the director, though, it's hard to believe that it'll be anything more than that. Overall, this feels like Raimi's Spider-Man all over again, for me. I believe that it will be entertaining and make a ton of money, but I'm not as confident that it will be a great Captain America movie.

I had to calm my enthusiasm for this movie down after my friend showed me the trailer for Superman Returns....it was super(pun intended)awesome too

Got that right. But I do know I enjoyed the first 5 seconds of the Cap trailer more than the entire Thor one. Its very hard not to contrast the two movies since they are both tied so closely to each other.
The one thing that's a bit more difficult to show even quickly is WHY Thor was banished. The Trailer has more time to show than the SB spot, but, since Thor's origin is a bit more involved there's just so much they can show and also show villains involved.
Basically we Fans would know about Thor, but, not the average audience, so show the cooler stuff.

Kevin Feige actually said it best about DC and Marvel. "Their success is our success."

**** the hate against this man, really. I've always liked the guy and knew there would be some point where people would turn against him.

The movie's looking great so far from the spot, I'm super-excited for it.

Kevin Feige actually said it best about DC and Marvel. "Their success is our success."

**** the hate against this man, really. I've always liked the guy and knew there would be some point where people would turn against him.

:up:

I can't believe there's a debate over which film will be better, or rather rooting for one not to do as well as the other. Everyone wins if they're both successful. Two successful movies would be an awesome jump off point for the Avengers.

I personally can't wait for both Thor and Captain America to come out and have been blown away by the trailers for both.

Are people really hoping Thor and GL will fail or are they hoping that CA will simply out-perform them? Because if CA turns out to be as good as it looks to be then I would like to see it be the highest grossing superhero movie of the summer. Doesn't mean I want the other two movies to fail. Success for all three would be great for comic book fans...but can't Cap be the most successful of them all? :yay:

I'm such a fan of both characters, I guess I just want to see them both outperform expectations. I also just want to see all of the Marvel movies do exceptionally well, so that we can continue to see these big budget events every summer.

Exactly. People need to realize that Marvel is a business and these things will happen.

I can't believe there's a debate over which film will be better, or rather rooting for one not to do as well as the other. Everyone wins if they're both successful. Two successful movies would be an awesome jump off point for the Avengers.

I personally can't wait for both Thor and Captain America to come out and have been blown away by the trailers for both.

My sentiments exactly :woot:

A thought..........
Assuming that the fight between Cap and the Red Skull occurs late in the film, and that in the TV spot the reveal of Skull's actual appearance seems to happen during that fight, will we only see Weaving as "The Red Skull" for a small portion of the film?

Did that lady grab steves peck when he came out of the chamber? Double standard right there.

the full trailer is february 18th? is confirmed? somebody can confirm this?

thanks

the full trailer is february 18th? is confirmed? somebody can confirm this?

thanks

Yep, it's been confirmed about a month ago by RealIronMaN in the Thor forums.

Did that lady grab steves peck when he came out of the chamber? Double standard right there.

Hahaha yep, I bet if he grabbed her chest the name of the film would be "Captain America: First Lawsuit".

A thought..........
Assuming that the fight between Cap and the Red Skull occurs late in the film, and that in the TV spot the reveal of Skull's actual appearance seems to happen during that fight, will we only see Weaving as "The Red Skull" for a small portion of the film?

Well, if you look at the screen grab of the fighting, Steve is wearing the AWOL suit. Perhaps this is where Skull makes the reveal.

He's a man, I'm sure he can take it. :cwink:

Although I think he must've stirred something inside her when she touched him. It's funny when she's enjoying his new physique he seems completely out of it, as one would expect from being totally transformed into an adonis. The nurse's expression was quite comical too.

It looks interesting and a few scenes in which Captain America was running, I thought the suit looked really good. I'm quite impressed how they made Steve Rogers pre-serum look very puny, quite convincingly. They even made him shorter which actually looked authentic on camera. I also really like how Abraham Erskine instills the moral compass for Steve Rogers that will guide him when he becomes Captain America. I always find it fascinating where the protagonist gets their morality from. What steadies them? What keeps them from veering off the edge. Great stuff.

One question and please forgive my ignorance. what sort of role does Colonel Chester Phillips play? Given the type of characters that I've seen Tommy Lee Jones play, he can do 'sinister' quite well. I'm curious as to whether the Colonel because a tough but compassionate mentor for Captain America or does he become an adversary of some kind?

Last edited:
Can I just add in, because I've watched the darn TV spot like, about, 1,879,235,000,000 gabillion times already, I really love that they went with "music" that basically melded with the sound effects of the scenes shown. Like the sound of glass breaking, the sound of the Rebirth chamber, and making that sound like IM's suit. Very little instrumentation. Sounds very mechanical, but I think that served the atmosphere of the spot so well. Better than a generic rock soundtrack would have.

Sounds very mechanical, but I think that served the atmosphere of the spot so well. Better than a generic rock soundtrack would have.
Ohhh god can you imagine if when Captain America and the commandos kicked down the door it started playing ACDC? "DIIIIIRTY DEEEEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP!" I like the way they did it too, although a rousing score would be nice for the actual trailer (and movie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"