First Avenger The Official "Captain America Super Bowl Tv Spot" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We have 7 days until it this bad boy hits. What are you expecting in the 30 second tv spot? What do you think will happen?

Discuss. :cap:

Disclaimer: Don't bring up your hate for the costume in here, we have a thread for that. K? Thanks.

Maybe it'll end with our first real look at the Skull, laughing menacingly at the camera. ( I'm also dying to see what pre-serum Steve looks like)

shot of skull, shot of pre-serum steve, cap on the battlefield, on the bike, and throwing the shield

so excited!!!

lixdexia

Since it's showing during the Super Bowl, and that it's only 30 seconds long. I'm willing to bet it shows some shots of the war (appeal to the guys that's it kind of a war flick) Then cut to some various shots of Captain America. I think we may see a quick glimpse of Skull and maybe some of the Pre-Serum chamber stuff.

Just enough to wet our appetites for the trailer. Kinda like the teasers for Iron Man and Hulk, just the basic "Wow" stuff and a shot of the hero.

It will likely be 15-20 seconds of clips from a war scene that looks like about what you'd expect from a war movie...and then as the Americans are pinned down one looks up and sees the shield...cut to a few glimpses of Cap doing his thing. Cue release date.

I am not expecting too much from 30 seconds and it will certainly be Cap centric, I expect.

If we don't see him throw the shield, we'll at least see the shield hitting something/someone. At least I would hope they do something like that.

It would be great to see a few quick shots of cap doing some flipping acrobatic stuff, a quick glimpse of RS and at the end an iconic shot of cap throwing the shield past the camera. Even better, cap trows the shield takes down a couple of hydra thugs and then it returns to his hand.

I'm excited to see Cap in action. Very curious to see what the costume looks like in action. All of the stills have looked good, now I want to see some movement.

A peak at the Red Skull would be pretty cool, too.

Well whatever we get I'm excited. I can't wait to see what he looks like in action

If its one thing I have learnt is that Paramount makes kick ass trailers. They even managed to make The Last Airbender look badass

I'm excited to see Cap in action. Very curious to see what the costume looks like in action. All of the stills have looked good, now I want to see some movement.

A peak at the Red Skull would be pretty cool, too.
I would think Red Skull would be in the trailer. I mean Thor had the villains in his.
Even a 30 sec spot you'd want to show both hero and villain.

Looking foward to seeing it Super Bowl Sunday. Stars and Stripes

Marvel Launching Mini Captain America Comic Series Movie Tie-In This Superbowl Sunday!

USA Today reports:

Written by Fred Van Lente and featuring a rotation of artists, the story is set in Marvel's "cinematic universe" and ties in with events of the movie. It's a joint production between Marvel Comics and Marvel Studios."

Much of First Vengeance will deal with that origin story — along with an action-packed mission to Nazi-occupied Europe. But the writer is also introducing other characters fans will see in the movie, some of whom are familiar to longtime readers — such as the evil Red Skull and Cap's sidekick Bucky Barnes.

Van Lente says Captain America is "a guy who never gives up. That makes him a hero not just for World War II but for the tough times we're going through right now." Says Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige: "2011 is Cap's 70th anniversary. Characters don't stick around that long unless they remain relevant and vital to the modern era."

The first issue will provide the movie's Cap, Chris Evans, in full superhero garb, on the cover. And the issue will be available free, online only, HERE, followed by a release Feb. 8 on the Marvel Comics iPad app. And Captain America: The First Avenger hits theaters July 22, in 3D!

*Can you believe how COOL those 30 seconds where?!?!?!? Amazing footage and well worth the wait! The full trailer is going to be AMAZING just like the film itself!

(* = I'll be at a Super Bowl party until way late so won't be able to post my reaction. Thought I'd get it out of the way now... please feel free to re-post Sunday night! :cwink:)

I know this is a long shot, but it'd be awesome if the spot was released online before sunday. Movieweb has posted a couple of superbowl spots for movies.

ALL RIGHT!!!!!

I recording this so if the commercial is awesome, I'm going to using the rewind button alot for the next few months.

I expect a shot of Cap in full Uniform... him throwing the shield... Red Skull with and without his face...

I totally need to record the Super Bowl or catch this online. We have a party every year and I tend to ... ah ... some of the details of what I watch are a little iffy. I really want to check this out.

I know this is a long shot, but it'd be awesome if the spot was released online before sunday. Movieweb has posted a couple of superbowl spots for movies.

not really I will be surprized if its not released online before the superbowl...already seeing some of the superbowl commercials going online...I predict that it will go online either Thursday or Friday

In 30 seconds Iron Man did a lot at 2008 Super Bowl. So, I hope it will be the same with Cap )
No kidding. After the Iron Man superbowl spot, the popular/jocky kids at my school were talking to eachother enthusiastically about how badass the trailer looked. Football players legitimately geeking out.

The news that the original trailer "wasn't amazing" makes me doubtful, because that could either mean "it was a little underwhelming but not awful," or "it looks like a trainwreck and we're understating the point for effect"

FINALLY!!!!!! A reason for me to be excited about Football!

No kidding. After the Iron Man superbowl spot, the popular/jocky kids at my school were talking to eachother enthusiastically about how badass the trailer looked. Football players legitimately geeking out.

The news that the original trailer "wasn't amazing" makes me doubtful, because that could either mean "it was a little underwhelming but not awful," or "it looks like a trainwreck and we're understating the point for effect"

I was fairly popular in school and when Iron Man was released every guy in the school was talking about how cool the trailer looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"