The Official Colossus/Daniel Cudmore thread

He looks cool enough.

Crimson Warrior said:
I wonder why he didnt return?
Why would he?...He had no lines and his face wasn't even on screen for one second...

-TNC

But the back of his head was.

:p

TNC9852002 said:
Why would he?...He had no lines and his face wasn't even on screen for one second...

-TNC

True, I guess I'll put him in the bucket with the guy who played pyro in X1.

I think he was one of the kids running by when Logan was hiding.

On the whole CGI/suit thing, in that interview where whoever it is (crap memory) talks about working on Beast and Juggernaut. He also says "and a little on Angel and Colossus." Doesn't this kinda imply that atleast part of Colossus this time around will be make-up/suit/synthetics? At any rate, if they are putting effort into him, he must have atleast something decent to do.

Something else to consider is, if that tiny scene in X2 cost (however much it did), I'm sure it was some ridiculous sum...wouldn't it be near impossible to have CGI armoured Colossus on screen for any decent amount of time? I mean I thought it was kinda stoopid that he was back to flesh and blood when he was running with Siryn and helping the kids to safety...why would he risk that? One answer: budget. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see some form of prop armour, atleast his arms (chest if he's not wearing a top). It wouldn't need to be too restricting given that he's already a considerable size.

Retroman said:
Two Daniel Cudmore images for all the fans.

fm1064624danielcudkravit9ik.jpg
fm1064861danielcudkravit4fp.jpg

Source: BRUNAPRESS

I never realised before but MAN, is that boy good lookin'! :up: :)

anybody have the pic of cudmore punching the camera?

NocturnalMadman said:
On the whole CGI/suit thing, in that interview where whoever it is (crap memory) talks about working on Beast and Juggernaut. He also says "and a little on Angel and Colossus." Doesn't this kinda imply that atleast part of Colossus this time around will be make-up/suit/synthetics? At any rate, if they are putting effort into him, he must have atleast something decent to do.

Something else to consider is, if that tiny scene in X2 cost (however much it did), I'm sure it was some ridiculous sum...wouldn't it be near impossible to have CGI armoured Colossus on screen for any decent amount of time? I mean I thought it was kinda stoopid that he was back to flesh and blood when he was running with Siryn and helping the kids to safety...why would he risk that? One answer: budget. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see some form of prop armour, atleast his arms (chest if he's not wearing a top). It wouldn't need to be too restricting given that he's already a considerable size.

I think that maybe to save a little dough Peter should wear maybe a tank top or short sleeve shirt, so they only have to focus on his arms mostly. Bart Mixon I think is the guy who said he would be working on Colossus a bit in X3. I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Over at XMF,under Cudmore's bio,it says he's done stage work and performances of some sort in his local area.So I guess that's a bit refreshing to hear.

We never know, Cudmore could be a talent waiting for the chance to prove himself.

I rewatched X2 last night, and even though Cudmore was only in a few scenes, I think he did a good job. He interacted with Wolverine, was joking around with Bobby and Rogue...he can be serious and funny too. They showcased his artistic talents in X2, the only thing is, he didn't have the Russian accent, which IMO is fine.

I think I rewound the scene where he armored up 6 times! So awesome!!

Cudmore also has a bit of an innocence about him as well. When you look at him, despite his physical size, he does not appear menacing or dangerous. He seems like a gentle giant, which adds to his portrayal a lot.

Crimson Warrior said:
This doesnt have much to do with X3 Colossus but I ran across this info about the guy who appeared in the X1 cameo sketch scene (he is 6'5) and thought it was kinda interesting....
Donald MacKinnon

mackinnon.jpg

"Donald Mackinnon, an little known actor frequently rumored for Anakin and other roles in Ep2, has a walk-on role in the upcoming X-Men movie playing "Peter". It is assumed that Peter is really Piotr "Colossus" Rasputin, the Russian "iron giant" of the X-Men."

I wonder why he didnt return?
I've never seen a pic of this guy before. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention. :)

Retroman said:
I've never seen a pic of this guy before. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention. :)

No problemo, I just ran across it while searching for X3/Colossus stuff.

If things fall apart for Bobby and Kitty,there's always Piotr to lean on!

Hopefully they throw in a scene between the 2 of them.

I'm glad to hear Colossus is getting a bigger part this time around.He had such depth and character in the comics and I hope this translates well on screen.And I'm still hoping for that rumoured Juggs/Colossus fight.And if not that,how bout Colossus going apesh/t on a
Sentinel?

A
Sentinel?
...Pffft...Does it even matter?..It's Colossus we're talking here.. :p

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
A
Sentinel?
...Pffft...Does it even matter?..It's Colossus we're talking here.. :p

-TNC

Yes of course.The fact he's in it with a bigger role excites me enough.Beast,Angel,Colossus,Juggernaut...WOW,if people aren't happy at this point,I don't know what else they're waiting for.

GNR4Life said:
Yes of course.The fact he's in it with a bigger role excites me enough.Beast,Angel,Colossus,Juggernaut...WOW,if people aren't happy at this point,I don't know what else they're waiting for.

I hope you're kidding. Gambit of course. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"