The Official Colossus/Daniel Cudmore thread

That's a lame ass excuse. You don't have to explain WHY they have them. It's just assumed by the viewer that they are from a different part of the world than the other cast members.

A general audience can tell that someone is from a different part of the world if they have a heavy accent.

The general audience isn't as stupid as you think they are.

When did I say the general auidience is stupid sheesh dont put words in my mouth.
What I was merely saying is that casual/non fans of the xmen may find it difficult to understand why all these people with differnt accent wound up in one place without explanation. Never did I say this was the official reason or the most likely scenario. I'm just trying to understand the directors logic in not usuing the accents.

Sorry, I didn't call myself putting words in your mouth. I was just saying that the general public wouldn't think much of Storm having an accent. They'd just go ''Well, she must not be from America."

But yeah, all they'd have to do is a quick line from Xavier about how his school is a very multi-racial, multi-cultured facility. -nods- That'd explain all the different accents to the general viewers.

I think what he meant by that was its not worth it to make a minor character a from a foreign country. Anything that makes them different from the others requires some sort of explaination. Even if it is small. Russian accent would raise all sorts of questions, and we have way to many characters to answer them all. Personally, I think we can sacrifice the accent.

It's fine Crawler Fan I just did not want you to think that I was not giving the general fans their credit :). And I agree that even a quick nod to the diversity of the school as you said would be good, but also as Sir Granite said there are a lot of characters and little screen time so some things have to be sacrificed.

Yeah. I guess some things can be sacrificed, but I just think the accents and diversity of the team is one of the things that should not be sacrificed. Therefore Storm should be African. Colossus should Russian. Gambit should be Cajun. Etc. Etc.

We'll at least Kurt was German, but who know's I hear Ratner is a big fan of comics so maybe he will let Daniel try out his Russian accent. No Zangief from Street fighter pleae god no!

Lmao. I hope it's not that bad either. I think we'll have everyone that should have accents have accents in this one.

lol
zangief_keron_grant.jpg

OMG I just had this odd revelation, the Line "This way" has been said in both Xmen and in Street Fighter (The horrible) Movie. X2 its said by Colossus and in Street Figher by Zangief. NOOOOOOOOO!!!

If it sounds this bad in Xmen 3 I will personally hunt down Dan Cudmore and tell him that I hated it. Then I will run like hell before he kicks my ass.

I can see that. I'm a writer or aspiring one at least, we observe things alot, but boy that's truely observing. I would have never ever thought of that.

I'm a writer also, and I'm so attentive to such little detail that it annoys me at times. I just heard the line and thought hey wasnt this said in X2 as well... I checked and sure enough it was. And the characters are both Russian.

Holly Goodhead said:
Not really, considering l am Lucy. :confused:

learn something new everyday! :eek:

but honestly how was i supposed to know. i am but a mere mortal. cursed mutant power has yet to surface.

-calls up Tessa/Sage for newwaveboy- She'll awaken that hidden mutant power in no time, bub. -wink-

i think i'll just wait it out. no offense. i just need something tramatic to happen and it'll kick in.

Two Daniel Cudmore images for all the fans.

fm1064624danielcudkravit9ik.jpg
fm1064861danielcudkravit4fp.jpg

Source: BRUNAPRESS

CrawlerFan said:
In that case Singer probably told Halle to drop Storm's Kenyan Accent. God, I'm glad we are rid of him. Let him go ruin Superman. Just don't let him touch X-Men EVER again. I know the guy gave us two cool films, but he absolutely does some of the tiniest eviliest things that drive me mad.
:mad: I hate it when people diss Singer.

P.S: Yes Superman is really been ruined. :rolleyes:

Lol. I'm sorry. I appreciate the man's work on X2 and X-Men, but he's just recently gotten on my nerves the more I read about him.

I haven't even been following Superman Returns, cause I never was a big Supes fan. So I don't whether or not it's being ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"