The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? At first it was supposed to be Superman? :funny:

Dear God, we almost ended up with this in the comics ... a scrapped new 52 design ...i see gauntlets ... hmmm

supermmostwas.jpg

Isnt this suit going to be in Morrison's Action Comics? I thought I read that somewhere.

Isnt this suit going to be in Morrison's Action Comics? I thought I read that somewhere.

no, debuting next week, Morrison's Superman suit will be a T-Shirt with a "S", Jeans, Work boots & a Cape, in 6 issues tho we will see that transform into the suit we see Superman wearing in Justice League #1.....tho I honestly like the scrapped one better lol

I'm so not a Marvel fan (only Spider-Man, Hulk & X-Men pique my interest). Will anyone fill me in on this zombie biz?
Alternate time-line. Unless some event happened I'm unaware of.

^ Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

no, debuting next week, Morrison's Superman suit will be a T-Shirt with a "S", Jeans, Work boots & a Cape, in 6 issues tho we will see that transform into the suit we see Superman wearing in Justice League #1.....tho I honestly like the scrapped one better lol

Yeah I know the farmer Superman suit, but the suit in the image will be in Morrison's Action run.

In the back of JL #1 it says next to that pic:
"SUPERMAN: The red underwear is gone, and in this version the cape is directly attached to the armor itself. The full story on this costume will be played out in ACTION COMICS."

Yeah I know the farmer Superman suit, but the suit in the image will be in Morrison's Action run.

In the back of JL #1 it says next to that pic:
"SUPERMAN: The red underwear is gone, and in this version the cape is directly attached to the armor itself. The full story on this costume will be played out in ACTION COMICS."

it also says at the top of that page that those images are from the "Sketchbook".......the only one on that page that actually has a outfit like that is Wonder Woman ;)

*edit*

ok not the top, the side of the page lol

I know that the Siegels own Supes' original symbol and his jumping ability, Clark Kent and Lois lane...but do they also own the trunks? It seems that way.

This is what the Siegel and Shuster heirs own and will control outright as of 2013:

In 2008, as a result of the ongoing legal battles surrounding the 1999 termination of copyright transfer, one-half of the copyright in the Superman material originally published in Action Comics #1 reverted to the heirs of Jerry Siegel. That material includes:

- Superman's running faster than a locomotive
- Superman's leaping tall buildings at a single bound
- Bullets bouncing off Superman's chest
- Superman's "distinctive full-length blue leotard with yellow belt & red briefs"
- A reporter co-worker/romantic interest named "Lois"

In 2013, the remaining half of the copyright on that material will revert to the heirs of Joe Shuster. This will leave DC and Warner Brothers unable to continue using those elements of the character unless they choose to come to a financial agreement with the Siegel and Shuster heirs.

i think this proves just how iconic the trunks and the blue-red-blue combo are. without the symbol, it is blatantly obvious they are referring to.

And take the trunks off, it could be any number of Marvel characters, including Omega the Unknown.

T0JOt.jpg

I don't care what anyone says...he does look like Kryptonian royalty here. The last son of a fallen planet. Look at that flowing robe-like take on this cape...this new costume is straight up ELEGANT. :up:

I know!! Please where did this regal crap come from? For years I've been saying I wish had copyright on that word, because I'd be rich just from it's usage in the Superman forum.

In this forum, the best word to have a copyright on would be 'Iconic.'
Every fanboy and his mother has tossed that word on this forum like a medicine ball.
This is iconic and that is iconic.
(Yes, the Byrne Shuttle rescue IS iconic and I'm not referring to that recent particular usage.)
I've even seen smallville fans use the word iconic to describe Tom Welling. :huh:
I guess they saw the word and decided it would validate their feelings by incorporating it into how they express their opinions.
Iconic is the new cool word.

I wonder if the cape will be this color. One of the banned pictures shows a closeup of the cape and its brighter than how it is in this manip.

T0JOt.jpg

I don't care what anyone says...he does look like Kryptonian royalty here. The last son of a fallen planet. Look at that flowing robe-like take on this cape...this new costume is straight up ELEGANT. :up:

Thou speaketh absolute truth!
Anyone recognize this not is blind!
Drink thy hearty mead and rejoice in the new Superman costume!

I don't know if anyone already posted it here, but...

R.I.P.

supermanunderpants.jpg

lol

Gone but not forgotten. He will hold a special place in our hearts alongside Captain Clown.

Kinda off topic but with the comics relaunch... Is it just Justice Leage or are all the superheros gonna have their own comics? Where can I get info on whats released?

It's more a case of:

superman.jpg

RIP 1945-2011. That was when the final, classic Superman costume was finished and it stayed that way until pressure from people who got picked on for being Superman fans when they were little kids got it changed in the comics and in the movies.

Or the shorter version of it: The *******s won.

It's more a case of:

superman.jpg

RIP 1945-2011. That was when the final, classic Superman costume was finished and it stayed that way until pressure from people who got picked on for being Superman fans when they were little kids got it changed in the comics and in the movies.

Or the shorter version of it: The *******s won.
:whatever:

I think I'd rather blame the lawyers and money-grubbing grandkids. because the alternative, your theory, is just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"