The Official FLASHPOINT Film (2020) News And Speculation Thread

The Dark Knight of the “Flashpoint”-verse was Bruce Wayne’s father, Thomas, so there might be a call out for upper-middle aged actors to don the cowl. (Heck: Michael Keaton?)

I love Michael Keaton but why the bad place would that writer think that when they've already got someone like Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the DCEUs Thomas Wayne?

I love Michael Keaton but why the bad place would that writer think that when they've already got someone like Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the DCEUs Thomas Wayne?

Right? I think they called Miller 'Fisher' at one point too

so is Cyborg still a major part of this?

who are the villains in the film?

Ezra definitely shined as Barry Allen/Flash last night in JL...he made me laugh the most out of any character in the film but at the same time seeing the first glimpse of his power seeing the Speed Force I definitely want to see that in his own solo standalone film

Ezra's Flash was fantastic as expected, he really stole the show. I couldn't help but smile everytime he was on screen, and those speedforce effects :ilv: can't wait for Flashpoint! Hopefully we'll get news about the director and the release date in a few weeks.

Flashpoint: Paradox

I feel, if they waned to recast, reboot, have a gap and almost a book end, then this is the way to go. Geoff Johns even said himself and i am paraphrasing 'It will be the basis and go in directions we haven't seen before' i am sure i even saw tweets from the actors who portrayed Thomas and Martha.

So have a solo flash movie, perhaps the rumoured buddy/cop movie, to really establish this universe. Have Superman feature, even Bruce Wayne just to show 'hey, look at this established universe' AM has his movie in the can so we are all good.

Then 2020/2021 have flashpoint, loosely based on the comics.

Barry and Cyborg are working on what he can/can't do with the speed force - cracks appear when he reaches a certain velocity and they look like time holes. They have some fun, dropping random objects through, then googling and seeing accounts of an umbrella falling out the sky in the middle of time square etc or a candy bar appearing in the hand of a sport star mid game, then they can see that it works but obviously they don't know how to control it. It makes Barry think about his mother, Cyborg warns him, but he goes ahead and does it. Barry wakes up with conflicting memories - he has new memories but also his old, the world is different - Batman is Thomas Wayne, superman is locked away etc. Barry realizes he has messed up Barry tracks down Thomas Wayne, explains everything to him, Thomas naturally wants a world where his son live and his wife, albeit murdered, doesn't go down the route of being a villain - a parents ultimate sacrifice. They recreate the settings for his origins and it fails, he tried one more time and it works - he has his powers.
Thomas asks to go back in time and see his son, one more time - Barry says he'll try - he creates a time hole, but it's thomas wayne, he interacts, albeit slightly, creating the butterfly effect.
Barry finally goes back to his own time line, but, not all is 100% there you ve reboots etc and recasting

Unfortunately there's a lot of speculation over whether this movie is ever going to happen now...

Well for starters, it'd be immensely expensive to properly develop, and then there is the predicament of how to market it. Do you market it as a Flash film or a Justice League one? The latter would be box office poison, and the former doesn't have the name value to carry a film of that magnitude. It'd just be a bad idea all around.

Well for starters, it'd be immensely expensive to properly develop, and then there is the predicament of how to market it. Do you market it as a Flash film or a Justice League one? The latter would be box office poison, and the former doesn't have the name value to carry a film of that magnitude. It'd just be a bad idea all around.

I'm deliberately staying away from JL reviews until after I've seen it, but I haven't heard that it's been universally panned.

There's an option for a reboot using Flashpoint. But I also think the reasoning for Flashpoint was an excuse to make Justice League 1.5, and boost the Flash solo, like Captain America Civil War.

Now unfortunately there's a question of how much of a boost boxoffice-wise does the JL being featuring in Flash movie give?

With Flashpoint if it is a pseudo sequel to JL then I wouldn't be opposed to it

With Flashpoint if it is a pseudo sequel to JL then I wouldn't be opposed to it

One could market it or adapt it to a similar vein in the way Marvel cited Civil War as a CA film, when it was clearly an Avengers follow on. That said, Flashpoint for me, is not the way forward, we need an origin segment followed by Reverse Flash's part in that as the villain. I get that he could be involved in Flashpoint but again WB need to look at a GA perspective too and if they found BvS confusing, Flashpoint will send them round the bend.

Put Flashpoint on the back burner and make an actual solo Flash Movie

tenor.gif

One could market it or adapt it to a similar vein in the way Marvel cited Civil War as a CA film, when it was clearly an Avengers follow on. That said, Flashpoint for me, is not the way forward, we need an origin segment followed by Reverse Flash's part in that as the villain. I get that he could be involved in Flashpoint but again WB need to look at a GA perspective too and if they found BvS confusing, Flashpoint will send them round the bend.

The idea of a Flashpoint film really excites me (I like the comic, love the animated version, and would gladly pay money to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne/Batman) but ideally I'd like a true solo Flash movie first. Having said that, I'd be very surprised if they went back on their Flashpoint announcement.

tenor.gif

The idea of a Flashpoint film really excites me (I like the comic, love the animated version, and would gladly pay money to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne/Batman) but ideally I'd like a true solo Flash movie first. Having said that, I'd be very surprised if they went back on their Flashpoint announcement.

JL is fun and has lots of great moments, an entertaining movie, Ezra was my favorite new member.

Unfortunately general audiences just didn't show up opening weekend, but the legs seem reasonable and overseas it's doing ok, so if they expected JL to make 750-800M, they're looking at a close race to 700M right now. It's gonna crack 100M in China, good improvement from BvS/WW and close to MArvel's Thor 3.

Bloggers wanted this thing blow up when they saw the OW numbers and predicted a 500M ish finish, now it's more like 700M, Flashpoint is gone at this stage, but I really want that Flash solo with Ezra, and there are enough reasons to persist with him.

I just want a Flash movie with Ezra! Preferably a movie that really revolves around him, although I think that's still possible even if it's Flashpoint. I also don't think JL's BO performance will impact plans on the Flash movie.. even the bad critic & GA reviews on JL said the Flash was one of the good points of the film

I'll add to the chatter clamoring to drop Flashpoint (it's only been Flashpoint for a few months anyway) and say bring on a Flash solo film. Ezra Miller was the breakout star in JL bigger than Momoa or Fisher.

If you must, put Fisher in and make it a buddy cop film like the rumored Flash/GL movie once upon a time but IMO focusing on a solo story featuring Ezra's Flash is the best option. And make it set post-JL (same as Aquaman).

I'll add to the chatter clamoring to drop Flashpoint (it's only been Flashpoint for a few months anyway) and say bring on a Flash solo film. Ezra Miller was the breakout star in JL bigger than Momoa or Fisher.

Totally agree. Doing Flashpoint at this point would be a big mistake and would basically only be for diehard comic fans. Gustin's version had at least two seasons before they could pull it off on the edges.

The GA has just been introduced to this version and barely scratched the surface of his life. According to what Mark Hughes is hearing, it sounds as if WB is moving away from Flashpoint concept anyway.

Don't even make this movie. Ezra was bad in the role. Costume looked dumb.

The only reason to make this is to reset this failed universe.

I do feel bad for Clemons as all her **** is pretty much being discarded.

so is this still going to be a Flash film or will it be Justice League 1.5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"