The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Gamma! How are you doing? Enjoying Aaron's run on IH?
I know I am.:D

I haven't read this weeks issue as of yet but I must say I love the mood and tone of the series so far. I fear though that by him using Bruce the way that he has, he may be doing irreparable damage to the character, akin to what Marvel Comics has done to Tony during Civil War. I'm giving Aaron the benefit of the doubt though.

The most interesting aspect of the run so far is just what part of Banner's psyche is Hulk a part of? If his being lobotomized from Banner causes Banner to react the way he has, is Hulk Banners regulating factor...his inner balance?

It could get really interesting.

Not sure why Doom would be doing Hulk any favors after World War Hulks though.

Didn't read the issue but I'm sure
Doom
hasn't and will not be doing anyone any favors without it benefiting him.

Last edited:
Such is the nature of
Doom!

I haven't read this weeks issue as of yet but I must say I love the mood and tone of the series so far. I fear though that by him using Bruce the way that he has, he may be doing irreparable damage to the character, akin to what Marvel Comics has done to Tony during Civil War. I'm giving Aaron the benefit of the doubt though.

The most interesting aspect of the run so far is just what part of Banner's psyche is Hulk a part of? If his being lobotomized from Banner causes Banner to react the way he has, is Hulk Banners regulating factor...his inner balance?

It could get really interesting.

You'll be less worried after you read the issue.:)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say i'm a huge Hulk fan, been so my whole life and that I am pumped for the Avengers.

HULK SMASH.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say i'm a huge Hulk fan, been so my whole life and that I am pumped for the Avengers.

HULK SMASH.

Welcome aboard! The more Hulk fans, the better.:up:

Hulk+Red-Hot+Rage.jpg

To those complaining about Hulk's eyebrows being asymmetrical.

Yeah, I love that they went back to the Frankenstein-like part of Hulk that has been missing in both previous on-screen versions....Hulk shouldn't look like a giant man unless it's The Professor

Look at these images below for comparison:
2003: looks like a guys face, no huge eyebrows or giant square jaw
hulk-6.jpg

2008: Even more of a pointed jaw, regular eyebrows...
the_incredible_hulk-6679.jpg

2012: Protruding Eyebrows, Squashed nose, Large Square Jaw
the_avengers_hulk.jpg

Kirby Comic: Marvel is getting back to basics with the new Hulk design I believe. Bringing back the Frankenstein facial features. IMO this is the best thing for the character.
kirby_hulk.jpg

eh that forehead is a little much imo. he looks like the Leader's dimwit cousin

Considering how extreme a mutation and transmutation the Hulk represents, it makes sense that his appearance would be different at different times.

Yeah, I love that they went back to the Frankenstein-like part of Hulk that has been missing in both previous on-screen versions....Hulk shouldn't look like a giant man unless it's The Professor

Yeah, I love it too. That's the reason one of my favourite Hulk artists is Lee Weeks. No one captures Kirby's Frankestein-like design like him.

Im actually working on trying to make the new Hulk in Smackdown vs Raw 2007, proving to be a challenge

personally i didn't think the cg in the first was so bad, the 2nd worse. this version still looks a bit sculpey like to me. the thing i like the most about it is that it looks like mark ruffalo, which is an approach that should have been taken with the previous hulk movies; making the hulk look a little bit like the actor portraying bruce banner

they did do that to some extent, just not quite the extent that seems to have been taken with his hulk. I can kinda see Bana in HULK's Hulk, not really seein Norton in TIH's though.

Norton has a very un-Hulk like face so it would be more difficult even if they wanted to. Also sorry :yay:, I don't really love that Frankenstein look Hulk especially for this film. We have enough of a job convincing people that Hulk is not a complete imbecile as it is.

I don't really love that Frankenstein look Hulk especially for this film. We have enough of a job convincing people that Hulk is not a complete imbecile as it is.

Agreed :up:

Man it seemed like I was the only one who felt this way, it's been a longtime coming.

Also sorry :yay:, I don't really love that Frankenstein look Hulk especially for this film. We have enough of a job convincing people that Hulk is not a complete imbecile as it is.

Thank you! The Hulk only looked like that Kirby example above in, what, six issues? I hate the flat head, the bald sides of the head, the way over-exaggerated brow (even for Hulk), the slack-jawed underbite, etc. Kirby himself drew the Hulk very differently in various issues, too. Several times, he only gave the Hulk four toes, other times, five.

Look at these images below for comparison:
2003: looks like a guys face, no huge eyebrows or giant square jaw
hulk-6.jpg

2008: Even more of a pointed jaw, regular eyebrows...
the_incredible_hulk-6679.jpg

I could never understand why people kept call TIH a pretty boy. When Hulk 2003 has an even prettier face. :hehe:

TIH looks like an angry Man Troll. :oldrazz:

I still don't understand why some of you want to ditch the TV series in favor of a movie sequel. You can do so much more with a TV series....a 16-hour season versus a 2-hour movie means a ****load more villains, character development, and more Hulkage than ever.

Would you have preferred A Game of Thrones to try to condense everything down to a 2-3 hour movie instead of the epic miniseries it is.....?"
There are just some think that you can't do with a TV series. You would never get a quality hulk battle. At least the type that they seem to be doing in the avenger. You could reproduce TIH on TV but not Hulk 2003/Avengers style action with out them having to go extremely cheap on the CGI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"