The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 10

Call me stupid but I never got the "I'm always angry" explanation. Can someone explain it to me?

Call me stupid but I never got the "I'm always angry" explanation. Can someone explain it to me?

I think it's a case of him accepting that he's an angry person. I think it's like in anger management, where you are told to express your anger rather than suppressing it... letting out as and when you need to will lead to fewer 'outbursts'.

I also think that they were talking figuratively. "Now might be a good time get angry(turn into the Hulk)" That's my secret cap, I'm always angry (I'm always the Hulk)."

That's basically how it is in the books now. They both kind of just accept that the other exists and have kind of an agreement.

Have the public really accept Hulk individually as a force for good? Or is it that the Avengers as a team have been accepted as a force for good, and Hulk happens to be part of that team? I'm sure people would still tread very carefully around him and might not completely trust him. I'm sure also that not everyone accepts the Avengers and would welcome the heroes.

I think from the publics point of view Hulk is generally accepted as a hero. There were kids dressed up as heroes at the end of the movie during the newscast of the aftermath, including
Hulk. Anyone who saw Hulk divert that Laviathan from plowing into that office building surely knows hes a hero. And lets not forget, Hulk saved Harlem in TIH. Abomination was destroying everything in his path for like ten minuets before Hulk showed up to stop him. Alot of people were present to see that. Its because of Hulk that the legendary Apollo Theatre is still standing. True Harlemites know the deal. Hulks the man!! :bh:

I think the majority of people accept him as a hero, but there's still an air of mistrust and fear around the guy for obvious reasons. I could understand him wanting to go into hiding or ducking out of the spot light, seeing as how most everyone views him as a loose cannon.

Given that the Hulk is seemingly the only major MCU character in Phase 2 that doesn't seem to have a solo film going on for him and that we won't see him till Avengers 2, I think it would have been nice to have had Betty in "The Avengers" if it were possible in the role like Pepper was and have another one of Banner's reasons for joining the team being that if he were able to get people to change their opinions on the Hulk, then maybe it'd be easier for him to get back together with Betty or something like that, and just have him and betty reunite at the end of the film and have them walk off together so that we have Banner having somewhat of a temporary conclusion to his story UNTIL we see him again in the sequel.

I still think it would have been nice to see Banner in Iron Man 3 for a few minutes, before he goes back to India or something.

battleplans07.png

still my fave pic of the Hulk lol

I also think that they were talking figuratively. "Now might be a good time get angry(turn into the Hulk)" That's my secret cap, I'm always angry (I'm always the Hulk)."
Well if you go back to the end of the INCREDIBLE HULK, where banner's in the cabin, you see him smile as his eyes turn green. To ME, it says, instead of trying to stay CALM, he figures out that being angry is the answer to controling the actual metamorphisis of turnning into the HULK.

I still think it would have been nice to see Banner in Iron Man 3 for a few minutes, before he goes back to India or something.

The movie hasn't even come out yet. How do you know they won't feature Banner in some way?

Would be great to see Hurt's Colonel Ross again at some point.

It would be great to get a follow-up Hulk film (earth-bound) that follows through on the promise of the Leader that we got at the end of The Incredible Hulk. Also, seeing Liv Tyler's Betty back in the mix would be great. I really want them to acknowledge the very good The Incredible Hulk film...

Do Planet/World War Hulk later. I want to see another Hulk film on earth, now that he seems to have some control of it and can be a true hero.

-R

Would be great to see Hurt's Colonel Ross again at some point.

It would be great to get a follow-up Hulk film (earth-bound) that follows through on the promise of the Leader that we got at the end of The Incredible Hulk. Also, seeing Liv Tyler's Betty back in the mix would be great. I really want them to acknowledge the very good The Incredible Hulk film...

Do Planet/World War Hulk later. I want to see another Hulk film on earth, now that he seems to have some control of it and can be a true hero.

-R
IF they did another Hulk movie I'd rather they mix it up with Jarella and the micro world before they go to Planet Hulk.
THAT story has Banner in control of the Hulk body over Hulk being in control. To ME it showed Hulk/Banner finally getting some sort of life together and then ripped away.
Besides the Jarella stories can be conected to Pym and Antman's micro sizing.

It also helps that Jarella is a much better love interest than Betty.

I could see the Leader shrinking Hulk for some reason then the story begins. or maybe even Pym thinks his particals somehow can reduce the gamma in Banner and Hulk/Banner ends up on Jarella's world

I think the "i'm always angry" means that he has that kind of control. He accepts it and masters it. It takes someone big to force him to change, otherwise he can trigger or suppress transformations. Through the movie they kept asking how he stayed calm. The truth is that he doesn't. You are always seeing angry Banner. He doesn't fight the anger but manages it.

At the end of "The Incredible Hulk", Banner is shown seemingly in control of his "Hulk-outs." At the end of the "The Avengers", he shows that control by transforming when it is needed.

My question, then, is, what is his reason for transforming when on the helicarrier earlier in the movie? Does he not have control at that point? Or is he in control and has other motivations for "Hulking out"? Could it be that he knew what his transformation would mean and actually contributed--willingly--to the bonding of the team???

Just a thought...

I could see the Leader shrinking Hulk for some reason then the story begins. or maybe even Pym thinks his particals somehow can reduce the gamma in Banner and Hulk/Banner ends up on Jarella's world

That and Samuel Sterns concoction.

At the end of "The Incredible Hulk", Banner is shown seemingly in control of his "Hulk-outs." At the end of the "The Avengers", he shows that control by transforming when it is needed.

My question, then, is, what is his reason for transforming when on the helicarrier earlier in the movie? Does he not have control at that point? Or is he in control and has other motivations for "Hulking out"? Could it be that he knew what his transformation would mean and actually contributed--willingly--to the bonding of the team???

Just a thought...

I don't see how the two transformation versions are mutually exclusive.

Just a thought...

Loki is supposed to have control of the Hulk on that first transformation. Unlike the second one.

IDK why, but this version of Hulk reminds me a lot Ruffalo - the hair, the transformation

hulk-smash-o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"