The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Loki was screwing with his mind, both directly and indirectly.

I think I agree with this because
why would Bruce pick up Loki's staff when they're argueing

When I saw that he had it I was like oh what reason does he have for picking the thing up.

I think I agree with this because
why would Bruce pick up Loki's staff when they're argueing

When I saw that he had it I was like oh what reason does he have for picking the thing up.

Love the subtle change in Banner's temperament right before he picked it up, when he goes "do you want to know my secret" and his face darkened and became menacing.

The whole "I put a gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger, the other guy spit it out" bit was really well done IMO, great acting on Ruffalo's part.

Ruffalo's version of Banner was genius.

Sure, Whedon's writing deserves alot of credit but Ruffalo's execution was flawless.

It's one of the best actor portrayals of a comic book character ever. Up there with RDJ and Christopher Reeve. I loved it.

Ruffalo's version of Banner was genius.

Sure, Whedon's writing deserves alot of credit but Ruffalo's execution was flawless.

It's one of the best actor portrayals of a comic book character ever. Up there with RDJ and Christopher Reeve. I loved it.

I've got to agree. I wasn't to sure of how Ruffalo would do as Bruce but after watching Avengers I don't want to see anybody else as Bruce.

Ruffalo brings a quality to him that actually makes me think he's a genius on par with Stark. I just didn't get that with Bana or Norton.

I'm glad hulk couldn't pick up "meow meow". I'm double glad whedon didn't feel the need to explain why.

Im sure most people didnt notice due to the theaters exploding into applause. But i caught an early screening today, 10am and practically empty, just a handful of people, all on at LEAST their second viewing im sure.
Anyways, after the puny god line, SPOILER

Loki's left there, and he makes a really high pitched sound, like a mewling quim!

last I checked, fights are judged on effective aggression and damage

funny enough that describes Odin's son before he self-actualized/the turning point of 'Thor'

Ok that convo was like "two days" ago, oh and watch any UFC fight or boxing match damage is NOT a factor (especially a small nose bleed).

Fights are judged by the numbers of blows landed, blocked, and dodged UNLESS someone is KO'd.

Just saw the movie yesterday, and I must say...absolutely awesome! I couldn't resist coming to these forums and reading the spoilers ahead of time so I of course read that the
Thor vs Hulk fight was pretty even. From watching the film though I have a slightly different opinion. Although there was definitely no clear winner I thought it appeared that Hulk definitely had the upper hand in the fight especially towards the latter stage of the brawl. After they used the "elevator" to reach the upper floor the Hulk was slamming Thor a few times and tossed him across the deck.

Actually Hulk was winning at THAT particular moment in the fight just like Thor winning at one point.

I know alot of people have that "last hit" mentality but that definately doesn't count if a person is still able to fight is "broken up".

Last edited:
Anyone else love the part where he transforms on the Helicarrier.

BW: Banner i swear on my life we'll get through this...

Banner: ON YOUR LIFE!?!?!

Truly frightening. That scene was perfect, it was like something out of a horror movie.

so I finally watched the movie and hulk has two lines that I could make out. Right before he hits the aliens into the buildings he says "hulk smash" but it is almost hard to hear cause of the explosions, and of course puny god

so I finally watched the movie and hulk has two lines that I could make out. Right before he hits the aliens into the buildings he says "hulk smash" but it is almost hard to hear cause of the explosions, and of course puny god

Dude you're so awesome for catching that, I've seen the film 3 times and I didn't catch it.

Dude you're so awesome for catching that, I've seen the film 3 times and I didn't catch it.

My theater had 8 speakers one of which was on the left of me and I heard it very well, it also sounds like he says something on the helicarrier when fighting thor but I couldn't make it out.

My theater had 8 speakers one of which was on the left of me and I heard it very well, it also sounds like he says something on the helicarrier when fighting thor but I couldn't make it out.

You sir, deserve a round of applause. :applaud

it also helped I was one of 5 people in the theater lol

I didn't get to hear the Hulk say anything. There was to much laughing going on.

I didn't get to hear the Hulk say anything. There was to much laughing going on.

True story, Hulk could walk down the street and people would break out in applause.

I'm glad they love the character, but it did get kind of annoying when I was trying to listen.

Anyone else love the part where he transforms on the Helicarrier.

BW: Banner i swear on my life we'll get through this...

Banner: ON YOUR LIFE!?!?!

Truly frightening. That scene was perfect, it was like something out of a horror movie.

That's what I thought too, Morning! The moment was perfect, capturing the horror aspect of the character.:up:

Well, out of three films with the Hulk in it, this was the first time I really enjoyed watching Banner :D

Anyone else think marvel should have just held off on releasing a hulk film until after the avengers?

Riding off the success of the avengers the incredible hulk would have been guaranteed a larger following than it did in real life.

After 2 failed hulk movies though the time is likely too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"