The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's going to pan out. So many Guillermo Del Toro projects have withered away and never come into fruition. This feels like one of them.

I believe it's going to come down more in Marvel Televisions court as to whether the show pans out or not. Del Toro has said he and Eick laid out the entire outline of the show and at that point only were waiting for Marvel's feedback before the go ahead. Much of Hulk's look was pending on the completed model of the movie which they were going to use for the show.

I'm not sure how it works but I'm sure Disney will back their product to make it look like something other than crap. Del Toro also said that they were working hard on making a good looking Hulk. Hulk will be a character in the show and not just the plot device win.

You could probably Google "Del Toro Incredible Hulk TV" and find all the articles. Gamma Burst and I got a response from him on his website forum.

Also there's a thread in the Marvel films room too on this forum.

What did he say? :wow:

I am not impressed with any of del toro's work

It seems Whedon is the one who has finally made Hulk work on the big screen

So I would like Whedon to do a Hulk movie or TV show, not del toro or anyone else

What did he say? :wow:

For you Captain...I'll go on a recon mission

" Re: The Hulk

by GDT on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:02 pm
We've been coming up with an angle that is really strong. I am a fan of Peter David, Pak and Loeb but I like very much what individual writers and artists have done through the decades. I only gravitate to "monster" superheroes- (Blade, Hellboy, Deadman, Hulk-) because I have no interest on the straight ones -even when I've been offered the keys to the kingdom.

Hope you enjoy what you hear!!

G"

I am not impressed with any of del toro's work

It seems Whedon is the one who has finally made Hulk work on the big screen

So I would like Whedon to do a Hulk movie or TV show, not Del toro or anyone else

Del Toro has a surrealism to his work that I tend to enjoy. IMO, he'll bring out the true complexity of the Banner Hulk dynamic.

My first thought of Whedon on Hulk many years ago before Greg Pak was sent from the heavens above was in general...he's perfect for this character. Then he made a comment long before the movie was announced that he did not find Hulk visceral. Now, after he did the Avengers movie, he recently stated that Hulk was the most fun to work with. I'd love to see him do a Hulk movie, but I fear that if it ain't as big as the Avengers, it's a step down for him. Let's hope he stays humble after the success.

Hopefully I'll enjoy the movie even more than the trailers.

Last edited:
I thought Del Toro's Hellboy movies were great as well as pans labyrinth...BUT I just don't see a Hulk live action t.v. show ever making it unless the budget is just ridiculous (like 20mil per episode or more). They can save money using the existing Hulk model from Avengers but they are gonna have to dish out a bunch more for whatever enemies he faces.

on reviewing my above statements, I did just have a great idea though that "the Leader" might be the perfect villain for a t.v. series cause he would only require makeup effects for himself and basically he could be pulling Hulk's/Banner's strings for the whole season; and a battle against maybe the u-foes at end of season 1 then take out the Leader

I like the idea of the Leader being a "behind-the-scenes" mastermind type, that's actually how he was originally introduced in the comics, many moons ago.

I'll throw up every week if they have a formula show like Smallville. It's time to think outside the box.

I'll throw up every week if they have a formula show like Smallville. It's time to think outside the box.

I don't want to see a bunch of generic gamma irradiated villains running around. Smallville had to many kryptonite badies in the first couple of seasons. It would be nice if they decided to use a lot of the comic story arcs as a basis for the story arcs during each Season.

lol I have to say this agian. We need a Movie and not a TV series. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I don't want to see a bunch of generic gamma irradiated villains running around. Smallville had to many kryptonite badies in the first couple of seasons. It would be nice if they decided to use a lot of the comic story arcs as a basis for the story arcs during each Season.

If we get four or five seasons...I want eight, I'm sure we'll get the Hulk World War Hulks characters as Del Toro mentions Loeb's run a lot. If they go that route, I hope we will see Leader, M.O.D.O.K., A.I.M. and other super scientists. It could be fun and dangerously so.

lol I have to say this agian. We need a Movie and not a TV series. :oldrazz:

Well if majority ruled...you'd definitely win. :yay:

:wow: They wouldn't dare.

"Bruce, you must accept your destiny."

LMAO!

For all those interested in the possible Del Toro and Eick show, this 2011 ComicCon video of Del Toro and Stan Lee says a lot.

This is the video where Stan Lee says "The Hulk is really like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."

[YT]pAadAAheOWo[/YT]

I suspect they may sway him to do like a late teens or early 20's Bruce Banner for this.

I suspect they may sway him to do like a late teens or early 20's Bruce Banner for this.

God, I hope not. May as well just make a 'Rick Jones and The Teen Brigade' series and put it on the CW.

But, he wouldn't even be a Doctor by this point. Let alone, able to even work with major league toys in a lab?

I don't think the TV show is actually going to happen, sure they've pitched it but they've also gone quiet about it for around half a year or more now. There was a ton of talk, press, interviews with GTD, statements from ABC but it just looks as if all of it went quiet.

Perhaps they are waiting on his reception in Avengers before pumping the resources into it. Even Guillermo doesn't seem to sure that it will actually come to fruition.

Yeah, i'm thinkin Hulk vs. Modok and aim and leader would probably work. As long as they don't use the Smallville "freak of the week" formula i will be okay. I want to see a story that actually progresses over the course of the season, not just 4 episodes of story and 8 freak of the week...ugh

Frostbite...your avy is drivin me crazy bro...i just wanna know...why you flexin so hard?

They initially wanted someone in their early to mid 20's.

God, I hope not. May as well just make a 'Rick Jones and The Teen Brigade' series and put it on the CW.

Yeah except they'll be using cell phones and internet connection...:o

But, he wouldn't even be a Doctor by this point. Let alone, able to even work with major league toys in a lab?

Banner was a child prodigy and he is a super genius like Reed Richards and Tony Stark. It was said in one comic that there was not an IQ test that could tell how intelligent he is.

Last edited:
The initially wanted someone in their early to mid 20's.

Yeah except they'll be using cell phones and internet connection...:o

Banner was a child prodigy and he is a super genius like Reed Richards and Tony Stark. It was said in one comic that there was not an IQ test that could tell how intelligent he is.

Yeah. He got his Phd when still very young.

Yeah, i'm thinkin Hulk vs. Modok and aim and leader would probably work. As long as they don't use the Smallville "freak of the week" formula i will be okay. I want to see a story that actually progresses over the course of the season, not just 4 episodes of story and 8 freak of the week...ugh

I agree, but I don't think Del Toro would do something like that, the man has class and doesn't usually just rely on his eye-popping visuals to carry him. I know it's a TV show and technically he'll only be developing it, but until the TV show likely runs it's course (as all TV shows do) and falls into a pattern, I think we'll be in for some exciting stuff for the first few seasons.

Frostbite...your avy is drivin me crazy bro...i just wanna know...why you flexin so hard?

I'm not, actually. XD Sorry it's driving you nuts though. Part of the reason I put this up was, through the years I worshiped these characters but I was just some obese punk sitting on my butt all day. Woke up about two years ago and decided to start up. So instead of putting up a superhero, why not an avvy of me? I could admire another dude in spandex or I could plaster it there to keep telling myself "mustgetbetter,mustgetbetter,mustgetbetter" every time I post. haha

MODOK would be right up Del Toro's alley though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"