• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Would there have been a good way to have Eddie/Venom separated/defeated but not die? Or to have Dr. Octopus alive at the end of 2?
They seemed pretty hellbent on killing off any villains that knew Peter was Spider-Man in the Raimi movies with the exception of Sandman.

It was a finite universe. These movies were never intended to go on long term like the MCU. With the exception of Harry none of the villains were designed to have a multiple movie arc.

Even if Ock had lived I doubt he'd have been in the next movie. Same with Venom if Raimi had done a fourth. But then Venom is a special case because Raimi is not personally fond of the character. He wouldn't have even been in 3 if Raimi had his way.

I do remember there being talks of Raimi being interested in doing a second trilogy before Spider-Man 4 was supposed to come out, so I do wonder how things might have panned out if Sony actually let him do his thing and we got an alternate history where those movies were made, and what villains Raimi would have used.

I'm still bummed we never got to see Dylan Baker turn into the Lizard.

I do remember there being talks of Raimi being interested in doing a second trilogy before Spider-Man 4 was supposed to come out, so I do wonder how things might have panned out if Sony actually let him do his thing and we got an alternate history where those movies were made, and what villains Raimi would have used.

I'm still bummed we never got to see Dylan Baker turn into the Lizard.
Woulda been cool to get a Raimi Spidey vs. Morbius movie lol. Maybe coulda done it like his first appearance with the six arm Spidey and Lizard.

As long as Jared Leto wouldn't be involved. :o :hehe:

I'd actually be highly curious on how Raimi could have tackled Electro.

Glad to hear them play this song again, but man, Chad Kroeger's singing has really degraded over the years, huh?

I put no stick in this at all, one for not getting my hopes up, but two, I don't see it happening, but figured it was worth sharing since a lot of the geek sites are talking about it. But even then, it's merely rumors and use of the word "if."

Thomas Haden Church Has "Heard Rumors" Sam Raimi May Do Another Spider-Man With Tobey Maguire (Exclusive)

Thomas Haden Church has now appeared as Flint Marko in two Spider-Man films, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and Marvel Studios' Spider-Man: No Way Home. If he gets his choice, however, the actor would most certainly appear in a third one. More particularly, Church tells ComicBook.com's Chris Killian that he'd love to appear in a fourth Spider-Man flick from the mind of Raimi.

"There's always been some kind of…I've heard rumors…that Sam Raimi was going to do another [Spider-Man movie] with Tobey [Maguire] and if that happens, I would probably campaign to maybe at least do a cameo," Church says, speaking with us in support of Peacock's Twisted Metal.

I think the only way to do a Raimi / Maguire Spider-man 4 and not have it overshadow Holland's own Spider-man 4 is to focus on a semi-retired Spider-man in his 40s raising a 10-16 year old Mayday. Have it be Mayday's movie as much as Maguire's Peter Parker.

I think the only way to do a Raimi / Maguire Spider-man 4 and not have it overshadow Holland's own Spider-man 4 is to focus on a semi-retired Spider-man in his 40s raising a 10-16 year old Mayday. Have it be Mayday's movie as much as Maguire's Peter Parker.
Sophia-Lillis-Was-Born-To-Play-Mayday-Parker-AKA-Spider-Girl-1140x570.jpg

I don't see it happening, as much as I'd like it to. At most Tobey might make another appearance in Secret Wars, but the Raimi saga is done

I put no stick in this at all, one for not getting my hopes up, but two, I don't see it happening, but figured it was worth sharing since a lot of the geek sites are talking about it. But even then, it's merely rumors and use of the word "if."

Thomas Haden Church Has "Heard Rumors" Sam Raimi May Do Another Spider-Man With Tobey Maguire (Exclusive)

What does he mean rumors? Like from industry people, or clickbait online articles? I am assuming the clickbait

Yeah I could see it being he just read internet rumors. Reminds me of the Patton Oswalt Enternals 2 comment. But....
This is what I've been saying for years lol. This has a shot in hell of even happening but man would it be cool.

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 is never realistically going to happen. As much as I would love for him to have one more go at doing a proper wrap-up to his universe, we need to make peace with the fact that time has long passed and there is no likelihood of it ever materializing. Especially with Tom Holland having his own fourth Spider-Man film in development.

Seeing Tobey Maguire and the other villains in NWH was a blessing enough already, but that's the last we'll see of it. In regards to Secret Wars, it's a 50/50 chance they might bring back Tobey but even then that's only a hypothetical with no concrete evidence as of now.

The Raimiverse is over. We all need to accept it regardless of the what-ifs that are discussed.

Not a chance Spider-Man 4 happens.

Tobey might pop up in Secret Wars or something, but no way are we getting a full-blown continuation of the Raimi films. Probably best to leave well enough alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"