Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Just watched the first movie again in 4K, it still holds up so well and these movies are still my favourite representation of Spiderman on the big screen so far. Holland is great in the role but as the poster above said Homecoming didn’t feel that much like Spider-Man to me without the likes of Uncle Ben and Harry
Osborn. And don’t me started on the Flash Thompson they gave us, Holland looks like he would tear him apart in real life, let alone as Spidey.

It's cool if you don't want to see stories rehashed, most people don't. But there's a difference between rehash and being faithful to the base characters and concept.

Is this imdb claim about Spider-Man 2 (in the Alternate Versions section) true?

A red cross on a hospital in the theatrical version becomes a white cross for DVD/TV versions. (The American Red Cross asked for the change, concerned the symbol's use could be misinterpreted.)

The claim has been there for a long time but I don't think it's appeared anyplace else.

Ian Hosfeld Concept Art & Illustration - SPIDER-MAN 2
Guys I found a clear concept art from Spider-Man 2 game ft. Lizard, Calypso, & Kraven. It's the same story line they used for SM3.
Nice find! Always figured the Kraven/Calypso/Lizard story in the SM3 game had to be recycled leftovers from SM2. Bet that story would have been better in the SM2 game, cause everything in the SM3 game's story was just not as good lol.

Anybody else really dig the Mysterio design in the SM2 game? I've definitely been a fan of it, it's a fun Mysterio redesign that doesn't lose any of the showmanship or extravagance, plays it up with an alien misdirection angle and is something I could easily see fitting in that world.

Mysterio in general was well done in that game. Even the hilarious "boss fight" made me laugh in a good way.

Mysterio in general was well done in that game. Even the hilarious "boss fight" made me laugh in a good way.
Words cannot explain how hilariously satisfying it was for all those damn health bars to vanish after that one punch haha

Apparently, Black Cat was supposed return on the SM3 game with an updated suit. I'm guessing that she was supposed to partner up with Spider-Man during the Kingpin arc, Lizard Kraven arc (maybe), and scorpion arc.
Spiderman 3: The Game
big_blackcatface.jpg

big_blackcat.jpg

I remember when I thought the Arsenic Candy boss Persilla (I don't know how to spell her name :O) was Black Cat with a skirt when I saw that glimpse of her in the trailer.

Is this imdb claim about Spider-Man 2 (in the Alternate Versions section) true?

The claim has been there for a long time but I don't think it's appeared anyplace else.
It's true. I have an old bootleg copy of Spider-Man 2 that I used to watch before it came out on DVD (I did see the movie in theaters btw) and the scene of Ock breaking out of the hospital does have a red cross above the entrance while the cross is white on the DVD/Mastered in 4K Blu Ray (it's removed completely on all of the other Blu Ray versions of the film as well as Spider-Man 2.1).

Last edited:
If that project happens, please make it an animated version of what Spider-Man 4 would have been!

Conversation at lunch today moved to Into the Spider-Verse, and then some compliments for Mr. Maguire as in the role of the character.

Just putting this out there:

Into the Spider-Verse feels like an unofficial epilogue of some sorts for the Sam Raimi Spider-Man. I 100% believe that Lord & Miller had Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker in mind when they were writing Peter B. Parker in Spider-Verse.

So. Anyway. Spider-Verse is headcanon for me in the scope of the Raimi movies already.

Just putting this out there:

Into the Spider-Verse feels like an unofficial epilogue of some sorts for the Sam Raimi Spider-Man. I 100% believe that Lord & Miller had Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker in mind when they were writing Peter B. Parker in Spider-Verse.

So. Anyway. Spider-Verse is headcanon for me in the scope of the Raimi movies already.
It definitely feels like the impact of the Raimi movies on pop culture and for Spidey's moden mainstream popularity influenced Peter in Spider-Verse. I feel like the basis was boiling it down to what people know from the movies, which is still basic Spidey, but it felt like there was an emphasis on previous history from the movies. I mean come on, Cliff Robertson Uncle Ben audio even ripped from SM1! That's cool!

I would be so down for an actual animated SM4. I feel like at this point that might be the only way it could be done. Less trouble for the actors.

tenor.gif

Fits the image some people give that version of being a crybaby.

I own that mag. Maybe it says inside? I'll go dig it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"