Iron Man 3 The Official IM3 Trailer Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I had to do a double take there. I'm guessing Stark got that for Pepper.:woot:

I could easily see him getting it for himself.

The helicopter attack seemed a bit random, but okay.

Really after the Avengers taking on aliens and gods, everything else seems like it wouldn't be much of a threat to Tony.

A helicopter shooting a ballistic missile at your house is a pretty big threat to pretty much anybody.

He said 'sheep' not 'shield'. Ya know like people are blind sheep.

And if he thinks he is any match for Thor, Mjolnir, or the Hulk he is in for an awful surprise.

People buy Lex Luthor as a threat to Superman. Don't see why this would be any different.

I find it interesting that Tony is having nightmares ever since the events of the avengers. Because at the end of the movie, he didn't seem to be affected by the events all that much. Maybe he was playing it off, or maybe its something else.

Well he did almost die.

From there on, all we saw of Tony was him and the gang apprehend Loki, then go their separate ways and eat out.

The toll on his body and mind of battling the aliens for a good portion of a day probably took a toll.

rzH4i.gif
i9uRQ.gif

WFJXh.gif
nFln5.gif

jMyT4.gif
9IBeO.gif

PkEcN.gif
5JYEB.gif

nvZgV.gif
ApP5e.gif

I wonder if they will call Rhodey the Iron Patriot like in the comics, go with War Machine? (which i doubt since its a government suit, why would they want to use that label for one of their soldiers) or something just generic like the Mark 1 suit.

I find it interesting that Tony is having nightmares ever since the events of the avengers. Because at the end of the movie, he didn't seem to be affected by the events all that much. Maybe he was playing it off, or maybe its something else.

That's Tony's personality, though. He plays it off like a joke in front of people, but he's only talking to Pepper this time.

The guy nearly died several times during The Avengers. And without the suit, he's the most vulnerable of the big 4.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if sentient armor is what we're seeing.

If Tony has the Extremis already in that scene (big if), and we know he's been having nightmares, I think the armor attacking them in bed could be a weird reaction by Extremis to Tony's nightmares.

Bravo man .... very good analysis.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if sentient armor is what we're seeing.

If Tony has the Extremis already in that scene (big if), and we know he's been having nightmares, I think the armor attacking them in bed could be a weird reaction by Extremis to Tony's nightmares.

This seems the most likely to me. Sure it could be a nod to sentient armor but in the bedroom scene the first thing I thought was: Tony has a nightmare and acts it out through the Extremis armor.

Very good trailer. Echo the sentiments about the lack to non-existent comedic moments in this giving it a more serious vibe.

Very good trailer. Echo the sentiments about the lack to non-existent comedic moments in this giving it a more serious vibe.

It's about time though ..... in order to keep each of these MCU films fresh they need to create new vibes.

Bravo man .... very good analysis.

This seems the most likely to me. Sure it could be a nod to sentient armor but in the bedroom scene the first thing I thought was: Tony has a nightmare and acts it out through the Extremis armor.

Thanks. Could be a good "What have I done?" type moment regarding augmenting his body even further.

Thanks. Could be a good "What have I done?" type moment regarding augmenting his body even further.

Well Feige did say in an interview the new Extremis armor doesn't work appropriately all the time .... so your theory fits in with that.

It's about time though ..... in order to keep each of these MCU films fresh they need to create new vibes.

Doesn't every superhero movie get darker?

I've never seen it get lighter and more funny with each installment.

Except Bats original. lol

Doesn't every superhero movie get darker?

I've never seen it get lighter and more funny with each installment.

Except Bats original. lol

Look I'm as big of a fan as there is of these MCU films .... but tonally they've been a little light in the pants ..... so that's essentially what I'm referring to.

That's what I see too from this gif. Tony is having nightmares (he is clearly laboring in his sleep). Pepper grabs his arm trying to wake him or calm him. The armor attacks her to protect Tony seeing her as the threat.

WFJXh.gif

Looks like Tony Stark will suffer the consequences of not having a secret identity,his cliff side mansion definitely does!!

Been waiting for that house to be attacked since the first film. No way you can be all famous and superheroic and live on a house on the side of a cliff.

That's Tony's personality, though. He plays it off like a joke in front of people, but he's only talking to Pepper this time.

The guy nearly died several times during The Avengers. And without the suit, he's the most vulnerable of the big 4.

Yea that is true.

Absolutely love it so far. They needed to raise the stakes and boy did they! This was the mistake that Nolan made with putting the joker in the 2nd movie, because everything else was going to be a letdown, but in this as much flack as they got for IM2 they saved the best for last.

Granted there's alot of work still to be done, but they are making this movie a serious introspective on Tony and being Iron Man and having his identity known to everyone.

So awesome that he shows his vulnerability to the one person who knows him best, which makes his false bravado somewhat of a mask.

Mandarin is the main villian here, and likely Killian is working for him, but they made Mandarin a real threat, and now all the build up of the 10 rings stuff from the previous films pays off.

Seeing Tony go into surgury, clearly Extremis is somesort of nano tech that will truely make Tony and the suit one and the same.

Clearly this is THE superhero movie of 2013.

Just watched the trailer it was pretty epic, but nothing gets me more hyped than a film's 2nd trailer.

The armor seems to move more fluently this time around and the stakes certainly seem higher than ever. My favorite part of the whole trailer is probably Iron Man being dragged into the ocean along with his house.

Here's the youtube version

[YT]5EjG-1U3wqA#![/YT]

seems like they are considerable improved on the flight, though i cannot tell wat the final product will be...
but ya im sure the second trailer will be more action oriented and awesome but we have to w8 till Feb for superbowl and then March for 2nd trailer :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"