Iron Man 3 The Official IM3 Trailer Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what's great about sequels is that you already know each character, you know their weakness, you can explore more things that you don't usually get to do with superheroes (Batman being an exception, and perhaps Spider-Man, up to movie #2).

But the MCU is bringing a whole new set of stories to tell from the comic book universe, specially now in Phase 2, where you know the hero acknowledges he is part of a bigger superhero group. To me, it feels like a different era in the superhero movie genre. And I'm glad they're trying, at least for what the teaser shows, that they're trying something different and more challenging for everyone involved. It's gonna be great to see how Phase 2 unfolds, and how they're going to raise the stakes, both in terms of action and storytelling, expanding the mythology of every character.

I'm guessing someone (Killian?) finds a way to hack into Tony's suits, and that's where Coldblood and Firepower come in

Or it could turn out be a serious design flaw in Tony's AI. I think it's pretty clear that he's created a version of the Sentient Armor (the scene where he's using his monocle to remotely control the suit next to him in the lab), but it just goes haywire and develops a "mind" of its own. Pretty much a combo of Ellis' Extremis arc and Joe Q's Sentient Armor story.

And all of that, of course, could have implications for other robots that acquire an evil sentience of their own in later Marvel movies....*koff*ultron*koff*

Anyone know who this is, holding tony against the wall?
DSCly.jpg

Last edited:
I was suggesting they may be the villains controlling the Iron Man suits :cwink:

Maybe, but are you suggesting they are controlling the Iron Man suits from within or remotely similar to what Tony has been suggested to be doing with the technological headband?

Personally, though I really don't want another Iron Man Vs. Iron Man esque battle like we have been getting in previous films (so I am hoping that both Cold Blood and Firepower will have their own very distinctive looks despite still being Armored characters), and that perhaps what is being shown is just Tony not having control of the Extremis virus yet.

However, I guess we will see. In any case it looks awesome.

Surfer

Only thing I didn't care for was Mandarin's voice, or Kingsley's delivery more specifically.

Other than that, excellent trailer :up:.

Last edited:
Or it could turn out be a serious design flaw in Tony's AI. I think it's pretty clear that he's created a version of the Sentient Armor (the scene where he's using his monocle to remotely control the suit next to him in the lab), but it just goes haywire and develops a "mind" of its own. Pretty much a combo of Ellis' Extremis arc and Joe Q's Sentient Armor story.

And all of that, of course, could have implications for other robots that acquire an evil sentience of their own in later Marvel movies....*koff*ultron*koff*

I like this idea.

The comparisons to TDKR made me want to facepalm.

If there's ANY comparison I'm gonna make, it's this: Based on the awesomeness I saw in this trailer, Iron Man 3 promises to be twice the movie TDKR is (and I enjoyed TDKR).

I already knew people were going to attempt to compare it to TDKR with that whole "the hero falls and falls hard" thing. But this **** was happening way before Nolan, and it'll happen long after he's gone.

Even though Iron Man 2 didn't quite reach the heights of its predecessor, it looks to me that it did its job in painting the big picture for the Marvel Universe and the Iron Man trilogy. Maybe the second film being the "lighter" (or "weaker") movie will work in Iron Man 3's favor ... Big time.

I watched Iron Man 2 recently, and I honestly do NOT think it's a terrible movie. In fact, I quite enjoy the film thoroughly, and I think it holds up pretty well. Granted, it's more of a lighthearted action movie, but if Iron Man 3 blows people away with its promising heavy material, then I think Iron Man 2 served its purpose. IM2 established that Tony was part of a bigger universe, which was a perfect stepping stone for Phase 1 of the Avengers movies. Also, perhaps it's a great thing for the sake of the Iron Man Trilogy that Marvel didn't play their ace cards for the second movie, potentially setting themselves up for failure in the third movie?

Anyway, I'm going to go out and say this now: If Iron Man 3 ends up being on par or better than the first Iron Man, then I'm going to title the Iron Man films as the best superhero trilogy to date. :)

Even though Iron Man 2 didn't quite reach the heights of its predecessor, it looks to me that it did its job in painting the big picture for the Marvel Universe and the Iron Man trilogy. Maybe the second film being the "lighter" (or "weaker") movie will work in Iron Man 3's favor ... Big time.

I watched Iron Man 2 again a couple of nights ago too, it was on tv, and I also think is a good movie, but damn the villain portrayal is just too weak. The final confrontation lasts, literally, seconds. Not even a full minute. That's the biggest problem for me be cause the relationship with Pepper, Stark's relationship with his father, and even Rhodes's friendship was well handled, while also putting the pieces together for Avengers. The final battle is still pretty good. I mean, it does its job.

If there's ANY comparison I'm gonna make, it's this: Based on the awesomeness I saw in this trailer, Iron Man 3 promises to be twice the movie TDKR is (and I enjoyed TDKR).

You don't see similar elements during the trailer? Not necessarily saying the movie will actually be similar in style, but I felt like the this trailer certainly was [but it was still amazing of course, and still very unique in it's own way].

Why can't it be "Superman 2" too?

0XIexl.jpg

OMG he's walking through the snow like Clark Kent was when he walked to the Fortress of Solitude!

Ahh, right on. Thanks. Madame Masque maybe? :woot:

That's one of my guesses. Or maybe Bethany Cabe.

You don't see similar elements during the trailer? Not necessarily saying the movie will actually be similar in style, but I felt like the this trailer certainly was [but it was still amazing of course, and still very unique in it's own way].

No, there were no chanting prisoners nor collapsing football fields in this trailer. That I recall.

Why can't it be "Superman 2" too?

0XIexl.jpg

OMG he's walking through the snow like Clark Kent was when he walked to the Fortress of Solitude!

That's one of my guesses. Or maybe Bethany Cabe.

No, there were no chanting prisoners nor collapsing football fields in this trailer. That I recall.

Just an opinion guys. And I never said the trailer was identical either.

Last edited:
I watched Iron Man 2 again a couple of nights ago too, it was on tv, and I also think is a good movie, but damn the villain portrayal is just too weak. The final confrontation lasts, literally, seconds. Not even a full minute. That's the biggest problem for me be cause the relationship with Pepper, Stark's relationship with his father, and even Rhodes's friendship was well handled, while also putting the pieces together for Avengers. The final battle is still pretty good. I mean, it does its job.

Oh, I agree that Iron Man 2 is far from being a perfect movie, and I agree that Vanko has been one of (if not, THE) weakest villain in the Marvel/Avengers movies thus far. I'm OK with Vanko being a weaker villain in the film though, considering the other things that happened to progress S.H.E.I.L.D. and Tony's relationships. I agree that the movie did its job as a stepping stone for future Marvel movies.

I just have a feeling that it was Marvel's intention for IM2 to not pack an emotional or deep punch. The movie gave Tony a little story that ended on a really high note for him, and then ... The Avengers movie happened to him. And now Iron Man 3 is happening to him. Harsh reality is hitting Tony hard now, and that's the thing that's going to work in the third installment's favor, I think. I think that's going to give the movie more emotional weight, since we as the audience aren't used to seeing Tony so broken.

Wow! Totally blown away by the trailer, just wasn't expecting something so impactful, it looks like Tony is really going to be explored in this one in a way he hasn't been before.

The line to Pepper was just so perfectly placed and poignant, plus there were so many great shots, the one of the choppers attacking Starks mansion reminded me instantly of the scene from Lethal Weapon in the angle used, then the one of Iron Man attacking Pepper in Tony's dream, then the brilliant final shot of Tony dragging the remains of his armor across the snow, classic Shane Black right there. :D

I like this idea.

It would make sense too, if he is shell-shocked from avengers.

He wants Iron Man to be its own thing and that way Tony can be with Pepper and safe.

It would link to the synopsis that raised the question if the suit makes the man or vice versa

Yeah that was definitely Kingsley using a "voice". I kinda liked it. I think if he had used a Chinese or Arabic or any specific accent it wouldve come off as campy or even offensive. Sounds like he went with something new or possibly a mish-mash of existing accents. Have to hear more I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back