The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyer, imo is a better Dr. Doom or even Wolverine. He's too feral for Luthor. Luthor is anything but rugged and feral.

First, it's called acting. Second, it's called the wardrobe and hair and make up department.

mmm... first of all, is there a lex luthor character in MOS?

Wow tough question. If he was little bit younger I'd be all for Ed Harris.

Ed Harris was the fan fav Perry choice for a long time.

Mark Strong
Leave him as Sinestro.

You know, I wouldn't mind Matthew Goode for the role
MatthewGoodeLeapYear-1.jpg

Last edited:
The bald judge from master chef America.

Yeah, I'm guessing if Lex is in this, it's a VERY minor role. I don't think he's in it, to be honest.

Yeah, filming is well under way and Lex still hasn't been cast. I think it is time to accept that he will not be in the movie.

My guess is he will be a post-credit cameo or an end of the film mention (kind of like Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes). This is a mistake, IMO. Lex isn't just a villain who can wait til the second film (like Joker in the Nolan-verse). Lex is an important supporting character to Superman. It is like doing Holmes film without Watson or leaving Snape out of an adaptation of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Fanboys ***** that he has been overused on film and I agree, as the main villain he has been overused. But he is still a MAJOR supporting character in the SUperman lore (rivaled only by Lois). He is Superman's Earth-based counterpoint. Omitting him is unforgivable, IMO.

Yeah, filming is well under way and Lex still hasn't been cast. I think it is time to accept that he will not be in the movie.

My guess is he will be a post-credit cameo or an end of the film mention (kind of like Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes). This is a mistake, IMO. Lex isn't just a villain who can wait til the second film (like Joker in the Nolan-verse). Lex is an important supporting character to Superman. It is like doing Holmes film without Watson or leaving Snape out of an adaptation of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Fanboys ***** that he has been overused on film and I agree, as the main villain he has been overused. But he is still a MAJOR supporting character in the SUperman lore (rivaled only by Lois). He is Superman's Earth-based counterpoint. Omitting him is unforgivable, IMO.

well said!

I think that the fans that complain about Luthor are the ones that wanted another more fantastic comic book villain. I think he is central to the story regardless of the villain that Superman faces. If he is the bright shinning rich star of Metropolis, how could he not appear in a movie. He should always have some say, even if he isn't the main villain, but he should be present, at least as a shadow in the city. His presence should be felt. But I think that since they are filming the action first to have as much time as possible to mess with the CGI before the movie comes out, I think Luthor will be in it and cast after the action.

I am also wondering if he has been cast and not announced at all. I don't even know if that is possible to do for whatever legality issues that could have. I don't have a clue. But it could very well be if that is possible, that they already have him cast or will be cast later without making an announcement. That is if Meloni is not Luthor. I would imagine either Meloni is Luthor, or they are going to wait until later to actually cast him or announce him and it will be the biggest name in the film. Most likely someone of Sean Penn's caliber or Daniel Day Lewis.

Of course, the frustrating thing about people complaining Lex Luthor has been done to death on film is that we've yet to really see a proper adaptation of the comics Lex Luthor (from any era, really, even Silver Age mad scientist era Lex had more complexity than Gene Hackman's land-grabbing robber baron), so if we got that in this film it would really be a cinematic first of sorts.

It all depends on what story you're doing. Lex doesn't have to have anything to do with Supermans origin or when he becomes Superman.

Co-sign, well said and my thoughts exactly.

He might end up being a Government Scientist like in the relaunch. I wouldn't be surprised, saying as how the Government will have a huge role in this movie. Also with not just the lack of mention of Lex, but no regards to LexCorp either.

Hmm....how do we do know that Chris Melonis' "Colonel" character will not wind up revealing himself as Lex Luthor in the 3rd act or toward the end of the film? It's doubtful, but still a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"