The Official Metal Gear Thread

BRUH.

Come ON, Konami. Gimme it.

Devil is in details. Despite higher polygon count, it just doesn't leave the right impression.

Xbox One
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD Edition added to Xbox One Backward Compatibility
Published 18 hours ago. 17 comments.
Metal Gear Solid sequels playable on Xbox One.

MGS-HD-XBO_10-09-18.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition are now playable on Xbox One, Microsoft announced.

Here is an overview of each game, via the Xbox Games Store:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition

2007-2009: Manhattan Tanker Incident and Big Shell Incident After the Shadow Moses incident, technological data on the nuclear-armed walking tank “Metal Gear” leaks onto the black market. Solid Snake and his allies form the anti-Metal Gear NGO “Philanthropy” and set out in pursuit of a tanker carrying a new Metal Gear prototype. But Snake falls into a trap set by former FOXHOUND member Ocelot, and is believed lost along with the tanker at the bottom of the Hudson River. Two years later, the Big Shell, an oil spill cleanup facility constructed on the bay, is taken over by terrorists led by a man claiming to be the long-lost Solid Snake. The government sends Raiden, a new recruit in the new FOXHOUND, to infiltrate the Big Shell and rescue the US President, who is held hostage inside…

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition

1964: Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater The origin of the Metal Gear series begins in 1964 at the height of the Cold War. Naked Snake—the man who would later become the legendary soldier known as Big Boss—heads into Soviet territory to help the scientist Sokolov defect to the West. However, the mission ends in failure when Snake’s mentor, a female soldier known as The Boss unexpectedly defects to the Soviet Union. The fate of the world hanging in the balance, Snake is forced to question the true meaning of “loyalty,” as he embarks on a lone mission to kill his former mentor.

The Games on Demand version supports English, French, Spanish.

source: Gematsu

There goes my weekend.

These need to be released on the Switch as well.

So Kris Zimmerman (longtime Metal Gear VA director), Robin Atkin Downes, and David Hayter have been posting cryptic tweets the last couple of days.

The VGAs are in December, and they've used that show to announce new games in the past. Could be nothing, or it could be something inconsequential. But something to keep an eye on I suppose.

Here's the man that played the winter soldier in the short game marvel heroes but he's mostly known to player's as solid snake

hqdefault.jpg

Electric Playground Live with David Hayter! - March 1, 2019

1.2K views 11 hours ago Published on 03/02/2019
Welcome to EP Live, where we bring you the latest in everything cool from the heart of downtown Vancouver at the VFS Cafe! Today we'll be joined in studio by the one and only David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake! We'll also review the new Netflix series The Umbrella Academy, play the new game Ape Out on the Switch, and more!

Also with below

Industry
Konami 50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics rated in Australia
Published 2 days ago. 52 comments.
Potential 50th anniversary announcement incoming?

Konami-50th-Rating_02-28-19.jpg

Australian Classification has rated a title called “50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics” from Konami.

Konami—which owns properties such as Metal Gear, Contra, Silent Hill, Frogger, Suikoden, and more—will celebrate its 50th anniversary on March 21.

A title with the name “50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics” has yet to be announced, but if an announcement is on the way, it is possible it will happen around the 50th anniversary date.

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN & Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

hqdefault.jpg

Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie? - The Rundown

1.3K views 17 hours ago Published on 20 Mar 2019
#PlayForever #Rundown #news

Today in the Rundown, we find out what classic Star Wars era might be getting the big screen treatment! We also have an update from BioWare about their troubled game Anthem, have some promising intel about The Division 2, get the latest on how Marvel and Disney plan to mutate the X-Men movies, and finally, sneak in a new details on the Metal Gear Solid movie!

0:34
Old Republic Moive??

1:33 Plans For Anthem

2:46 Division 2 Fixed

3:43 Marvel's all Disney's

5:07 ( <<< Click here for only this part) Metal Gear Movie delay

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

I bought the MGS5: The Definitive Experience today and I’m going to play it tomorrow. I’ve only played one MGS game and that was MGS4 so I’m excited.

Also I loved MGS4 and thought it was a great experience even though I didn’t play the other games. I liked that it caught you up with all the backstory of the previous games through out the game.

You NEED to experience playing MGS, MGS2 and MGS3...and immerse yourself in the atmosphere, story and themes explored. When you consider when these games were released it further highlights just how ahead of the times Kojima and his team were.

So I picked up Metal Gear Solid V yesterday and started playing Ground Zeroes. I haven't played a mgs game before the first mission, so it was kinda hard. I was expecting to finish the whole thing, maybe in a week, but I didn't realize the story mission is that short, like maybe it took me a hour and I'm not interested to play the bonus sections.

That being said, I didn't even know the Ps4 copy has a side game called Ground Zeroes so I guess its not too bad. And I was looking forward to the open world videogame that is Phantom Pain.

It's not a widely shared opinion it seems, but I thought TPP was awesome, not played it since completing it over a month ago, but still get the itch to do so

Yeah. Phantom Pain still disappoints me. It's not as fun as Peace Walker imo. It's really missing the fun side-missions and optional co-op and bosses. The story felt like a rehash of old ideas and was just dragging out the overall Big Boss story arc to the point where it felt watered down.

I don't find the Big Boss story interesting at all. It's called Metal Gear Solid. Not Metal Gear Big Boss.

So I've played Phantom Pain and honestly, I didn't really have a fun time with it. The hospital mission up to the part where he was being chased by the fire man was quite hard and was too long. Like I was really sleepy when playing it and I was just waiting for the prologue to be over and the cutscenes were very long and I was killed more than five times. It was kinda intense.

Then when I reached the open world section of the game, I wasn't really having fun. I expected lots of people to shoot, thats why I bought this game in the first place but the environment was just not appealing to me, like it didn't encourage me to really explore the whole map. There was just no other activity out there that doesn't evolve getting materials and getting shot by the enemies. I also rarely see the hostile animals out there. I don't know if I've played too many open world games, but this is the one game that I wouldn't like to go just to roam around. The graphics in Afghanistan look really good and it doesn't have a grainy look but I just didn't like the environment because a lot of it were just rocky grounds, sands and camps. It didn't really make me play it a lot. Then when I reached the African part of the game, at first I liked the change the scenery there but I got tired of it quickly. Then the Hq was okay. I liked that it got bigger and bigger with the upgrades but there's really nothing to do there but look for diamonds and take a shower. They could have seriously added some fun activities in the 3 locations/maps.

I always finish the main story of every game that I bought in ps4, and I seriously wouldn't have the will to finish the main story of this one, if I had other games in my room waiting to be played. Like it would have been in the backburner. Well I took a break from this for three weeks and only bothered to finish because I'm buying a new game very soon, and that game would take a lot of time.

There were some features I liked, like either riding a horse, a truck or the robot, changing the painting of the hq, helicopter and the others. There were some songs in the cassette log that I liked. I liked that the helicopter can assist you for killing the enemies which was really helpful. Also bombarding the enemies with bombs/sleeping bombs from the sky were also really helpful. There were a lot of tools that can be used even though, I tried to purchase them all, I only really used the grenade. Then the guns, I wish there were more slots for them. Like you can only carry three different guns in a mission and one of those slots is occupied by a tranquilizer and I couldn't change it because it was like the only silent pistol in the game. If I really needed another gun, its either I asked for a supply drop or I stole another gun from the enemy. I didn't get to use all the types of guns out there. The costumes, I purchased what can be purchased but a lot of the costumes look really similar especially in nighttime.

The main missions were quite hard. For me, the hardest missions were definitely those enhanced humans. The mission in which I had to kill 4 enhanced enemies just to steal a truck, I failed so many times. Defeating Quiet took me like a hour that I killed her because I didn't want a round two with her. I had no idea that she can be used as a help in future missions. I regret killing her. Escape from the man in fire was hard as well. There were a lot of missions that took me like 30 minutes to finish.

As for side quests, I only finished three. Then I only finished one mission in Chapter Two since the other missions are like in hard mode, so I might just watch the cutscenes for the rest of Chapter Two online. A lot of missions are either repetitive or quite exhausting. So I didn't really enjoy this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"