The Official Metal Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about the LE, the more I'm glad I decided not to get it. I think about the hand, and while it may be a neat little prop, I think it's something I'd look at not long afterward and think, "Why the **** did I opt to get this thing?"

Yeah, I think I'm good just going with the Day One edition.

some are speculating that there will be a Ps4 bundle in september

There's no speculation, it's a thing that's already been shown and announced along with the LE. Unless you're talking about it coming out to the US/EU, because it's only been confirmed for Japan as of now.

There's no speculation, it's a thing that's already been shown and announced along with the LE. Unless you're talking about it coming out to the US/EU, because it's only been confirmed for Japan as of now.
oh yeah, i forgot about that. yeah i meant something larger than just japan similar to the destiny bundle.

Metal Gear Solid Movie To Be Helmed By British Writer Jay Basu. March 31, 2015 . 8:57am

British writer Jay Basu has struck a deal with Sony Pictures to write the film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid.

British writer Jay Basu has struck a deal with Sony Pictures to write the film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid, according to a report at Deadline. As reported in the past, the movie will be produced by Avi Arad, with Jordan Vogt-Roberts set to direct.

You may recall this Metal Gear Solid project was actually announced way back in 2012. Series creator Hideo Kojima and Arad announced the movie together at an event celebrating Metal Gear’s 25th anniversary.

What remains to be seen is how closely involved Kojima will be with the project. Recent reports indicated that Kojima will be parting ways with Konami this December, following the release of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Read more stories about Konami & Metal Gear Solid Movie on Siliconera.

Also with

source: Siliconera & GI

Last edited:
That is not comforting based on his resume.

Uwe Boll is the obvious choice. :o

Expecting a good Metal Gear movie, no matter who's working on it, seems like a great way to set yourself up for disappointment.

I think it could be a legendary bad movie.

Assassin's Creed has Fass and Marion Cotillard...if MGS doesn't get that level of talent, and by Christ it deserves it, I will not be watching...

So get Jackman and Eastwood in there!

For a younger Snake, I could picture Richard Madden in there
Richard-Madden.jpg

A movie doesn't need name talent to be good.

The first one was good, though the only real name talent it had was Sean Bean, who was basically in a totally unnecessary role.

There weren't any real bad actors in both films. All of them are talented individuals. The funny thing is, the first Silent Hill was pretty decent. The less said about Revelation, the better, even though it had good actors.

Looking at the Resident Evil movies, which are highly successful...even though they ****e on the games...it makes me wonder what they'll do to the MGS world. This is coming from Sony...the same Sony that make the RE movies...and that's a concern.
Metal Gear was praised for its balance of action and heart, and I hope Sony know that.

I'm not really talking about talented actors, of course you need good, talented actors. What I'm talking about his big name actors (why I said name talent), you don't necessarily need a Eastwood or a Fass to have a good film

oh befor ya'll say it's a april fool trick tell that to the peeps off game informer with their our take. just before the comment section.
Our Take
Whatever is going on at Konami related to Kojima’s announced retirement has us confused. It doesn’t help that today is April Fool’s Day and Kojima loves toying with his fan base.
poor guys.

Hideo Kojima’s Name Returned To One Of The Metal Gear Titles

News
on Apr 01, 2015 at 04:54 PM

Konami is playing a strange name game with its box art.
... More

source: GI

All of the purging stuff happened before April Fools. I mean, I would be relieved if it were just a joke, but my guess is this is Konami backpedaling after the backlash they've received about removing a creator's name.

I finished MGS4. Man they love talking about nanomachines, yeesh. I liked it though, pretty fun. Second time through was only 8 hours because I skipped all the cutscenes even with a no kill/no alert run.

So I was thinking of getting Ground Zeroes, how is it compared to MGS3/4?

So I was thinking of getting Ground Zeroes, how is it compared to MGS3/4?
you'll like that it isn't heavy on cut scenes at all. Which is a for shadowing of what V will be like. hopefully you can find it for a cheap price now. I said hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"