The Official Metal Gear Thread

Also I'm glad any and all references to the Boss were cut. Really tired of that character.. Anything involving her should have been completely tied up in 3.

Huh? There's plenty of references to The Boss in this game? And like or hate the character, within the narrative, she's the reason everyone is doing what they're doing in the game one way or another, so I don't think you could realistically just cut out anything about the character after 3. They have overused it past 3, I will agree, but it's not something that could've been ignored either: Big Boss, Zero, and maybe even Skull Face (kind of? I'm not really sure) are doing what they are doing because of what they interpreted of what she wanted.

Last edited:
lzs3zn0.jpg

Huh? There's plenty of references to The Boss in this game? And like or hate the character, within the narrative, she's the reason everyone is doing what they're doing in the game one way or another, so I don't think you could realistically just cut out anything about the character after 3. They have overused it past 3, I will agree, but it's not something that could've been ignored either: Big Boss, Zero, and maybe even Skull Face (kind of? I'm not really sure) are doing what they are doing because of what they interpreted of what she wanted.

I mean the stuff that was rumored to heavily focus on her.

So I learned today that apparently calling in a support chopper doesn't do anything against an enemy gunship. It literally does...nothing to an enemy gunship. Like what the hell Pequod? Don't worry about those little peons shooting you way down on the ground, worry about the missile shooting machine flying just like you are right in front of you.

Useless bastard.

Shoutout to my Pequod #46473637 he's a keeper.

You're all tripping. Morpho would've gotten the job done with enemy gunships. He was my co-pilot. RIP Morpho

So.. The Metal Gear shoots fire from his metal gear penis.. And rockets.. While what seems to be air humping.

....ooooook.

So Kanye West is now a new recruit of Diamond Dogs.

Pb8mS3R.jpg

If I order my buddies to kill, does that count against me?

So i beat the game...or well i thought i did. Just finished chapter 1. Damn theres a lot of game here.

If I order my buddies to kill, does that count against me?

I don't believe it does, but I'm not 100% sure. I always had my buddies stun when I could.

So i beat the game...or well i thought i did. Just finished chapter 1. Damn theres a lot of game here.

Nope, there's a Chapter 2, but be forewarned that it's got much less story overall. Some people have called it incomplete even, though I don't 100% agree. Honestly, they could've ended it at Chapter 1 and I probably would've been okay with that honestly.

Right now my biggest gripes about the game are how grindy some of the **** can be, and how little variety there is in Side Ops. I mean, yes, there's 157 Side Ops, which is crazy, but there's only about 7 types which makes finishing those off a real drag.

I'm actually glad that I don't feel like I'm being über punished for killing fools in this game. Anyone below a C doesn't get remorse from me.

You do get demon points for killing soldiers if you're not aware. Not sure if I would call it a punishment, though, it's how your horn grows. Once you get enough you also become covered in blood that won't wash off no matter what apparently.

I don't believe it does, but I'm not 100% sure. I always had my buddies stun when I could.

Nope, there's a Chapter 2, but be forewarned that it's got much less story overall. Some people have called it incomplete even, though I don't 100% agree. Honestly, they could've ended it at Chapter 1 and I probably would've been okay with that honestly. .

Yea had the game of ended at ch1 I wouldn't of been all that upset. I mean I would of felt the game was a bit "loose" considering where it takes place in the timeline, but I would of been satisfied overall.

You do get demon points for killing soldiers if you're not aware. Not sure if I would call it a punishment, though, it's how your horn grows. Once you get enough you also become covered in blood that won't wash off no matter what apparently.

Well damn, I didn't know that. I haven't noticed the shrapnel getting any larger yet. Does playing less lethally make it shrink? What about buddies, does quiets kills count towards it?

I was in demon mode before I even got to the end of chapter one. This shocked and horrified some other people I talked to.

Ugh.. Because heaven forbid we kill bad guys.

Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"