The Official Metal Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably about 2/3 through really. Some of the later missions are pretty quick to finish.

Since i kept capping my GMP for mission 45 all i did was hide in the ruins and call in bombardments. :woot:

So finished up Chapter 2, and I have to say, I really don't see why a lot of people are saying it's really incomplete. Outside the glaring omission of concluding [blackout]Eli and Mantis's storyline[/blackout], I thought overall it was fine. Less story than Chapter 1, for sure, but it concluded a lot of the lingering points from Chapter 1 fine and most of the stuff that wasn't in the cutscenes were in the tapes. But **** mission 45. Goddamn man, I don't know if it was part of the mission or not, but a standstorm started halfway through it and I swear to god it took me like thirty tries. And then you [blackout]lose the ability to use Quiet forever? The hell, man? I used DD more, but she had good uses.[/blackout]

Anyway, I assume most of the spoilers you guys are talking about is mission 46? Because goddamn, I really don't know what to think of it that. I'm going to have to process that one.

Yea it's been days and I'm still trying to process it myself. Still don't know how to feel about it...

I don't know about you guys, but I keep hoping that someone somewhere executes a good retellings of Metal Gear 1 and maybe Metal Gear 2. There's so many awesome stories that have been building in those games from their sequels that I find myself salivating at the idea of some kind of game/Cgi movie/comic/hell, stand alone novel expanding the story so we can see how Snake and Big Boss actually interacted, how those fights went down, and see Snake become the bitter soldier he is.

Damn, I thought I was nearing the end,

You are, after episode 30 you get a lot of past-missions done in a harder mode that you don't even need to complete to get the story finished.

There's like 40ish story missions for real.

I still believe Konami deliberately cut missions out of the game in order to re-sell as DLC.

Perhaps that's why Konami and Kojima were at war with one another in the first place.

Yup.. I fully believe we'll get everything that was cut as DLC.

I'll shake my fist at Konami.. Sigh.. And give them whatever they're asking for it.

:/

But **** mission 45. Goddamn man, I don't know if it was part of the mission or not, but a standstorm started halfway through it and I swear to god it took me like thirty tries. And then you [blackout]lose the ability to use Quiet forever? The hell, man? I used DD more, but she had good uses.[/blackout]

[Blackout] I really liked how Quiet's story ended, and I think her last few scenes surmised the general theme of the game (language/words) far better than any of Skull Face's incoherent rants. I mean, yeah it sucks that we don't get to use her again, but her story is finished and she's dead. There's a narrative beauty there that trumps gameplay, for me anyway. [/Blackout]

I don't know about you guys, but I keep hoping that someone somewhere executes a good retellings of Metal Gear 1 and maybe Metal Gear 2. There's so many awesome stories that have been building in those games from their sequels that I find myself salivating at the idea of some kind of game/Cgi movie/comic/hell, stand alone novel expanding the story so we can see how Snake and Big Boss actually interacted, how those fights went down, and see Snake become the bitter soldier he is.

I'd want a game that takes place between Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, showing the aftermath of what went down between Solid Snake and [blackout]Venom [/blackout], and how Big Boss recruited the remnants of Outer Heaven, Gray Fox, Dr Madnar, and the entire Mercenary War that led up to the formation of Zanzibar.

Yup.. I fully believe we'll get everything that was cut as DLC.

I'll shake my fist at Konami.. Sigh.. And give them whatever they're asking for it.

:/

The only thing that's stopping me from fully believing that's gonna happen is the inclusion of all the details of the cut material in the collectors edition of the game. I don't think they would openly state and show what was cut from the game, then release it as dlc later on. With that said, if they do release it as dlc....I'd buy it too :/. I'm so weak when it comes to metal gear.

Yeah, I'm not really expecting DLC for two reasons. The first being how they monetized the online part of the game, and I'm thinking that's how they plan to make extra revenue over DLC. And second being that if the rumors are true and that MGSV's budget ballooned way out of control, and in turn being one of the causes of friction between Kojima and Konami, I have doubts that they would spend more money to finish and make more DLC.

Like eternal, I think the fact that they chose to put stuff so openly on that mini-doc that came with the CE probably shows it's just cut to time for whatever reason. If I were to guess, it probably got cut because it would have involved designing an entirely new area, and either time or resources or both were winding down and Kojima Pro had to finish. It sucks that it leaves a certain plot point in the air, but to be honest, it was the least important one (at least in my opinion), and one that could be written off the easiest. Probably another reason why it cut, too, at the end of the day.

I suspect that they'll launch MGO and try to make more money from DLC off that. It would be much less time consuming and cheaper to do DLC for weapons, maps, skins, etc.

[Blackout] I really liked how Quiet's story ended, and I think her last few scenes surmised the general theme of the game (language/words) far better than any of Skull Face's incoherent rants. I mean, yeah it sucks that we don't get to use her again, but her story is finished and she's dead. There's a narrative beauty there that trumps gameplay, for me anyway. [/Blackout].

[blackout]I don't disagree, it was a good moment for the narrative, but I have mixed feelings with taking away a gameplay mechanic like that permanently without warning or ways to prevent it. They could've at least put a sniper from your combat team in her place or something. Yeah, not believable exactly that a random sniper could just replace Quiet, but you don't have to always be believable in cases like that.[/blackout]

[Blackout] I really liked how Quiet's story ended, and I think her last few scenes surmised the general theme of the game (language/words) far better than any of Skull Face's incoherent rants. I mean, yeah it sucks that we don't get to use her again, but her story is finished and she's dead. There's a narrative beauty there that trumps gameplay, for me anyway. [/Blackout]

I'd want a game that takes place between Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, showing the aftermath of what went down between Solid Snake and [blackout]Venom [/blackout], and how Big Boss recruited the remnants of Outer Heaven, Gray Fox, Dr Madnar, and the entire Mercenary War that led up to the formation of Zanzibar.
Solid's supposed to have spent the interim between his duels with Big Boss being an undercover agent for the CIA and doing some mercenary work. And seeing as he really wants to quit after MG2, I suspect that those missions did nothing to alleviate any feelings of betrayal or guilt he would have after Outer Heaven.

A dual character game would be ideal. Play as BB gathering forces to fortify ZanzibarLand, and then play as Solid carving your name into Black Ops legends while becoming the grumbling loner we all know and love. Maybe start the game with a quick review of MG1's events as one single level (make the boss fights optional challenges) since the first game was comparably simple, milk Solid's sudden loss of trustworthy allegiance (seriously, if your commanding officer, who you know personally and trust, is also the man trying to kill you, that'll shake your faith in the system) then show Solid becoming aware of the Patriots (or at least the general idea that the world doesn't work the way it supposedly does.) then end with MG2

Here's an idea dealing with the PP plot twist:

Both Big Bosses are present during MG1, and the player gets to choose between playing as either them as a team or Solid and Gray Fox, with the fight breaking down so Solid doesn't cry to see the body double trick but kills Venom, while Jack/Big Boss subdues Gray Fox and gets him to join him.

I've also got this image in my head of redoing the scene where BB first tries to sabotage Snake's mission as causing a head wound that Snake then covers with his iconic bandana before stubbornly soldiering on in spite of being compromised, with his concussed state playing a part in gameplay and in how he perceives the visually more terrifying Venom Snake, with him exiting the exploding ruins of Outer Heaven in a clearly beaten up shape that is only compounded when he realizes that the air strike is killing his allies.

Solid's supposed to have spent the interim between his duels with Big Boss being an undercover agent for the CIA and doing some mercenary work. And seeing as he really wants to quit after MG2, I suspect that those missions did nothing to alleviate any feelings of betrayal or guilt he would have after Outer Heaven.

A dual character game would be ideal. Play as BB gathering forces to fortify ZanzibarLand, and then play as Solid carving your name into Black Ops legends while becoming the grumbling loner we all know and love. Maybe start the game with a quick review of MG1's events as one single level (make the boss fights optional challenges) since the first game was comparably simple, milk Solid's sudden loss of trustworthy allegiance (seriously, if your commanding officer, who you know personally and trust, is also the man trying to kill you, that'll shake your faith in the system) then show Solid becoming aware of the Patriots (or at least the general idea that the world doesn't work the way it supposedly does.) then end with MG2

Here's an idea dealing with the PP plot twist:

Both Big Bosses are present during MG1, and the player gets to choose between playing as either them as a team or Solid and Gray Fox, with the fight breaking down so Solid doesn't cry to see the body double trick but kills Venom, while Jack/Big Boss subdues Gray Fox and gets him to join him.

I've also got this image in my head of redoing the scene where BB first tries to sabotage Snake's mission as causing a head wound that Snake then covers with his iconic bandana before stubbornly soldiering on in spite of being compromised, with his concussed state playing a part in gameplay and in how he perceives the visually more terrifying Venom Snake, with him exiting the exploding ruins of Outer Heaven in a clearly beaten up shape that is only compounded when he realizes that the air strike is killing his allies.

Some great fan work addressing the PP twist.
qUHXy5n.jpg

So finished up Chapter 2, and I have to say, I really don't see why a lot of people are saying it's really incomplete. Outside the glaring omission of concluding [blackout]Eli and Mantis's storyline[/blackout], I thought overall it was fine.
Agreed. I like how they wrapped it up. Shame about Eli, though. It had to be included into the game.
But **** mission 45. Goddamn man, I don't know if it was part of the mission or not, but a standstorm started halfway through it and I swear to god it took me like thirty tries. And then you [blackout]lose the ability to use Quiet forever? The hell, man? I used DD more, but she had good uses.[/blackout]
Glad I learned about it before mission 43 and placed a butterfly on my logo. [BLACKOUT]I didn't do those missions yet. But Quiet is still with me, helping me doing side ops and optional objectives. I'm saving mission 45 for the last. When I have a maxed out CGM and battle armor.[/BLACKOUT]
Anyway, I assume most of the spoilers you guys are talking about is mission 46? Because goddamn, I really don't know what to think of it that. I'm going to have to process that one.
Really nice ending. I like how it turned out.

30 hours and only 13%. This game is a time sink

Man do the soldiers you recruit in this early part of the game suck. Thank god I got all the GZ ones bc they provide a much needed A boost. Im having trouble finding decent medical staff though

Moving around Mother Base is looking like at a next gen MGS2

Some great fan work addressing the PP twist.
qUHXy5n.jpg

That fan art is amazing! i mean if they showed a scene like this at the end that connects [BLACKOUT]both mgs5 and mg1 together[/BLACKOUT] i pretty much guarantee that those who didn't like the ending can be more forgiving and accepting due to this.

That is a beautiful piece of fan work. They even got the beret Big Boss wears in MG2.

'Metal Gear Solid V' was supposed to have a third chapter

| 1 hour ago

Many will tell you that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes across as rushed at times. While there's a lot to do, it's light on story -- a sharp contrast with earlier Metal Gear games, which are notorious for their epic-length cutscenes. However, there's now evidence suggesting that the original plan was for a much larger, more substantial game. Players on the Facepunch forums have discovered files in the PC version of MGSV which show that the title was supposed to have not only more prominent characters (such as The Boss), but an entire third chapter. It's not clear exactly how much is missing, but the released game's abrupt end hints that the third section was going to bring the story to a proper conclusion.
Read the Full Story 4 Comments

Via: GamingBolt, Windows Central,Engadget.com/gaming/JoyStiq

Source:
Facepunch

Building my Nuke now! In Outer Heaven, men become demons. :3

The Boss...? Why would The Boss be in MGSV? Unless it's just a costume of The Boss for Quiet or something.

But that's interesting if true then. But I don't know, maybe I'm just weird, but I really am not seeing how Chapter 2 is so rushed or incomplete outside [blackout]Eli.[/blackout] It feels like everything else is concluded, there's just less story overall in Chapter 2.

I want a game which utilizes the Fox Engine where in which you, as Solid Snake, are challenged and tasked with spending your days in the colds of Alaska. Drinking whiskey and tending to your dogs.

Doing...what? Building your cabin Motherbase style?

Probably my favorite thing to do is hunt guys to extract. Whenever I do a side ops, I linger around the camp to pick people off and take them back to camp

Just finished Episode 13 and was so sure I would get my first D rank bc I reloaded checkpoints so many times as well as got numerous alerts, yet finished with a B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"