Playstation The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

From what I saw, Persona 5 is an immense game and takes a long time to beat. I was planning to play that only on my next vacations.

I just started it now and think Im gonna skip it. All Im doing is reading text and listening to dialogue. Its taking too long to get started and I dont have the patience now for a game like this. Im trying to get to a point where I can save and it just keeps going with no break

i just preordered Shawdow of the Tomb Raider. i'm so far behind in all my gaming :(

I beat GoW and Detroit and have no idea what to play next. I have CoD: Black Ops 3, Witcher 3,Final Fantasy XII, Persona 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts 1 all on my plate. Ive started each at some point but cant commit. I really wish games these days werent so damn long

I'm happy that games have a nice length to them. Better than being too short IMO.

I'm happy that games have a nice length to them. Better than being too short IMO.

I feel like 90% of the games released now are open world and/or are built around having long progression systems to keep you coming back. My time is limited and these long games prevent me from playing other games. The worse offender earlier this year was Assassin's Creed. I just had to put that down and move on bc I felt like progression was just too damn slow

The only open world games that I tend to play are in the GTA series, but I usually go for more linear titles. I'm not too big on games like Skyrim or Fallout.

hqdefault.jpg

PS4 Might Get Crossplatform! - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.3K views 2 days ago Published on 06/27/2018
Today in the Rundown, we discuss the possibility of Sony allowing the PS4 to have cross platform multiplayer with other consoles! We also get the latest on Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox, have some good news about the battle royale genre, hit the table with a new card game based on The Binding of Isaac, have great news for fans of the Metal Gear Solid series, and finally, have an early look at the villain in new Wonder Woman movie!

source:EPN.tv

Last edited:
I just started it now and think Im gonna skip it. All Im doing is reading text and listening to dialogue. Its taking too long to get started and I dont have the patience now for a game like this. Im trying to get to a point where I can save and it just keeps going with no break

Personally, Persona 5 was hands down my favorite game from last year. However, it is very story driven, and has a lot of text. I can understand that if you're not in the mood for a wordy story driven game, how it could put you off.

I'd recommend picking it back up when you are in the mood though. It's long, but worth it, IMO. I mean, very long, lol. But it's stuck with me in a way a game hasn't for awhile. As much as I like FFXV, or Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 will most likely stick in my mind for longer than either of them.

I just bought Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and it is incredibly fun. One of the best shooting/horror PSVR games.

Now I need to go back and play the original Until Dawn.

Im about to buy a ps4 pro and a pc monitor that i will use for the console as well. My friend said to get a monitor with HDR (High Dynamic Range) but those are so much more expensive. Does it make a difference to the human eye? My current monitor is like a really old wide screen, so just a basic 4k screen will probably amaze me

Im about to buy a ps4 pro and a pc monitor that i will use for the console as well. My friend said to get a monitor with HDR (High Dynamic Range) but those are so much more expensive. Does it make a difference to the human eye? My current monitor is like a really old wide screen, so just a basic 4k screen will probably amaze me

HDR will do you better than 4K. Yeah its noticeable. The colors truly pop in games that are HDR enabled. My TV doesnt even have full HDR yet its impressive. I can only imagine how the games would look like with that

PlayStation 4
PS4 worldwide shipments top 82.2 million
Published 1 hour ago. 24 comments.
3.2 million PlayStation 4s sold in the past three months.

PS4-Shipments_07-31-18.jpg

Worldwide total shipments for PlayStation 4 have reached 82.2 million, Sony announced in its financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2018.

A total of 3.2 million PlayStation 4s were shipped during the first quarter, which is down 0.1 million from the same period the previous fiscal year.

Sony has also increased its previous forecast of 16 million PlayStation 4s shipped in fiscal year 2018, which runs from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019, to 17 million units.

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
The 82.2 sold ps4 is impressive will be at 90+ by the end of the year. Last year holiday time ps4 sold 5.9 million and that is like from black Friday threw xmas or something. So if ps4 were to do the same this year that would put ps4 at 88.1 and that dont even include July- October and the last week of December and like first few weeks of November or something. Lets say it sales around a million those other like 5 months each that would be another 5 million to get it at 93.1 by the end of the year. Ps4 will hit 100 million at some point next year.

No word on the 500 million limited edition PS4 being available for preorder in the US?

Currently an Xbox user (always have been), but it always bothered me there were some games I could not play and I am considering getting a PS4 Slim. I just need confirmation I do not need to get a Pro. Will games play on both? I know it is not 4k and thats fine. As long as it plays things like Spider-man, Last of Us and Baseball games I think I would be fine. (doubt the Wife would be too happy with me paying the price for a Pro). just want to be able to play games from both.

Currently an Xbox user (always have been), but it always bothered me there were some games I could not play and I am considering getting a PS4 Slim. I just need confirmation I do not need to get a Pro. Will games play on both? I know it is not 4k and thats fine. As long as it plays things like Spider-man, Last of Us and Baseball games I think I would be fine. (doubt the Wife would be too happy with me paying the price for a Pro). just want to be able to play games from both.

Yeah dude you’re good.

Yeah. The regular PS4, and Pro both play all PS4 games. The Pro just performs a bit better. It's the same as the regular XB1, and XB1X. Just a boost in frames, lighting, ect, if you want to shell out more $$.

Has anyone played 'Strange Brigade', looks like a Uncharted detour but solid all the same, worth getting does anyone know ?

dumb question time, if I move an installed game to an external hard drive can I just take the drive and plug into another PS4 like my friend's or would I have to log into my account on his PS4 to run that game from the hard drive?

dumb question time, if I move an installed game to an external hard drive can I just take the drive and plug into another PS4 like my friend's or would I have to log into my account on his PS4 to run that game from the hard drive?

You have to log into your own account, but otherwise there shouldn't be any problems

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
Sony announces TGS 2018 lineup
Published 51 mins ago. 2 comments.

Death Stranding stage event set for final day.

SIE-TGS-2018_09-18-18.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has opened its official Tokyo Game Show 2018 website, revealing its lineup and schedule of stage events for the exhibition.

The lineup reveals two previously unannounced titles: Conception Plus: Ore no Kodomo wo Undekure! for PlayStation 4 from Spike Chunsoft (Update:announced), and Root Letter: Last Answer for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita from Kadokawa Games. The latter was previously announced, but platforms were unknown.

Get the details below.

■ Lineup

All titles are sorted alphabetically by publisher.

PlayStation VR

• Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Bandai Namco) – Playable, Trailer
  • Beat Saber (Beat Games) – Playable, Trailer
  • Tetris Effect (Enhance Games) – Playable, Trailer
  • Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories (Granzella) – Playable, Trailer
  • Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! (G-rounding, Inc.) – Playable, Trailer
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
  • Deracine (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
  • Everybody’s Golf VR (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
  • Kill-X (SIE) – Trailer
  • Theater Room VR (SIE) – Playable
  • Ryan Marks: Revenge Mission (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
  • Final Assault (Smilegate Entertainment / Phase Lock Interactive) – Playable, Trailer
  • Focus on You (Smilegate Entertainment) – Trailer
  • Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • Dark Eclipse (Sunsoft) – Playable, Trailer
PlayStation 4

• Caravan Stories (Aiming) – Trailer
  • Kill la Kill the Game: IF (Arc System Work) – Trailer
  • Catherine: Full Body (Atlus) – Playable, Trailer (also on PS Vita)
  • Utawarerumono Zan (Aquaplus) – Trailer
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Bandai Namco) – Playable, Trailer
  • Digimon Survive (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
  • God Eater 3 (Bandai Namco) – Playable, Trailer
  • Jump Force (Bandai Namco) – Playable, Trailer
  • One Piece: World Seeker (Bandai Namco) – Playable, Trailer
  • Soulcalibur VI (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
  • Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
  • Fallout 76 (Bethesda Softworks) – Trailer
  • Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Collection (Capcom) – Trailer
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom) – Playable, Trailer
  • Mega Man 11 (Capcom) – Trailer
  • Onimusha: Warlords (Capcom) – Trailer
  • Resident Evil 2 (Capcom) – Playable, Trailer
  • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (Capcom) – Trailer
  • Varnir of the Dragon Star: Ecdysis of the Dragon (Compile Heart) – Trailer
  • Project Awakening (Cygames) – Trailer
  • Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain (D3 Publisher) – Playable, Trailer
  • Anthem (Electronic Arts) – Trailer
  • Battlefield V (Electronic Arts) – Trailer
  • FIFA 19 (Electronic Arts) – Playable, Trailer
  • Fortnite (Epic Games) – Playable, Trailer
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software) – Playable, Trailer
  • Crystar (FuRyu) – Trailer
  • Dogfighter: World War 2 (Iggymob) – Trailer
  • Gungrave G.O.R.E. (Iggymob) – Trailer
  • LoveR (Kadokawa Games) – Trailer
  • Root Letter: Last Answer (Kadokawa Games) – Trailer (also on PS Vita)
  • RPG Maker MV (Kadokawa Games) – Trailer
  • Dead or Alive 6 (Koei Tecmo) – Playable, Trailer
  • Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World (Koei Tecmo) – Trailer
  • Warriors Orochi 4 (Koei Tecmo) – Playable, Trailer
  • Knives Out (NetEase Games) – Trailer
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV ~The End of Saga~(Nihon Falcom) – Trailer
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games) – Trailer
  • Project Judge (Sega) – Playable, Trailer
  • Shenmue I & II (Sega) – Trailer
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
  • Concrete Genie (SIE) – Trailer
  • Days Gone (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
  • Death Stranding (SIE) – Trailer
  • Dreams (SIE) – Trailer
  • Ghost of Tsushima (SIE) – Trailer
  • Monkey King: Hero is Back (SIE) – Trailer
  • Samurai Shodown (SNK) – Trailer
  • Conception Plus: Ore no Kodomo wo Undekure! (Spike Chunsoft) – Trailer
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Square Enix) – Playable, Trailer
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • Just Cause 4 (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix) – Playable, Trailer
  • The Last Remnant Remastered (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • Left Alive (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • Million Arthur: Arcana Blood (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • World of Final Fantasy Maxima (Square Enix) – Trailer
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Ubisoft) – Trailer
  • The Division 2 (Ubisoft) – Trailer
  • Skull & Bones (Ubisoft) – Trailer
  • Deemo Reborn (Unties) – Trailer
  • Hitman 2 (Warner Bros. Japan) – Trailer
■ Stage Schedule

September 20 (YouTube)

• 11:00 to 12:00 – Dreams
  • 12:40 to 13:40 – PlayStation Network
  • 14:20 to 15:20 – Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
  • 16:00 to 16:40 – Days Gone
September 22

• 11:00 to 11:40 – Resident Evil 2
  • 12:00 to 13:00 – e-Sports X Blue Stage Live Relay: Fortnite
  • 13:40 to 14:20 – God Eater 3
  • 15:00 to 16:00 – e-Sports X Blue Stage Live Relay: Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
  • 16:10 to 16:50 – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
September 23

• 11:00 to 11:40 – Project Judge
  • 12:00 to 12:40 – Warriors Orochi 4
  • 13:00 to 13:40 – Kingdom Hearts III
  • 14:00 to 14:50 – Let’s Play SIE WWS Titles with Shuhei Yoshida!
  • 15:30 to 16:40 – Death Stranding
Tokyo Game Show 2018 will run from September 20 to 23.

source: Gematsu

Unless they finally show some solid gameplay of what the heck we'll be doing in this game, I'm not as interested anymore.

Unless they finally show some solid gameplay of what the heck we'll be doing in this game, I'm not as interested anymore.
I heard part of the challenge will be in the traversal. Maybe in this game instead of pushing the left stick forward, you will have deeper control input with challenging terrain

but you're definitely right, they should show some clear cut gameplay finally. We've gotten enough of celebrity reveals/cryptic weird stuff

Kind of overdue at this point lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"