Playstation The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

I feel like 90% of the games released now are open world and/or are built around having long progression systems to keep you coming back. My time is limited and these long games prevent me from playing other games. The worse offender earlier this year was Assassin's Creed. I just had to put that down and move on bc I felt like progression was just too damn slow
I was having this discussion yesterday with a friend. If it takes me 3 months to complete a slightly subpar game then that means I’m missing out on playing one or more better games as a result. There’s only one life and we don’t get bonus time at the end to spend time on all the ones we really wanted to play.

I am very selective to which games I play. I only own PlayStation home consoles since I got Ps1 and was never tempted to try the other consoles and handheld games. I don't think you can convince me to play a first person shooter, unless its from a series that I've already invested myself into. Then when it comes to fighting games, I've limited myself to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. I don't buy racing and sports games. Like I got NBA 2K14 for free and never bothered to play it. Though I'm catching up to a lot of games that I've missed over the years and it feels exhausting at times but still fun. Horizon Dawn, Gods of War and obviously Spider-Man 2018 are in my list for games to play like early next year. I might also try to get Red Dead Redemption 2, in mid 2019 though I haven't played the previous games. Devil May Cry 5 is also in my list but not a priority. The only game that I'm truly waiting and would be buying in its first week of release is Resident Evil 2.

So I finally decided to start Call of Duty WWII tonight, I've had the game since Christmas, anyway when I load it up it says I can't continue unless I update via the Playstation Network, well I'm not on the Playstation network and my PS4 is not connected to the internet as I only play story mode on games, is there any way around this? I have never came across a game that required me to be on the network to play the story mode of a game.

So I finally decided to start Call of Duty WWII tonight, I've had the game since Christmas, anyway when I load it up it says I can't continue unless I update via the Playstation Network, well I'm not on the Playstation network and my PS4 is not connected to the internet as I only play story mode on games, is there any way around this? I have never came across a game that required me to be on the network to play the story mode of a game.
Welcome to gaming in 2018. Unfortunately even many single player games (and components) require internet connection. Its actually not that rare. Is there any reason why you cant just update it?

Welcome to gaming in 2018. Unfortunately even many single player games (and components) require internet connection. Its actually not that rare. Is there any reason why you cant just update it?
Where I have my PS4 I'd need to get another connection put in to hook it up to the internet and in truth I've never needed to, I mean even the Spidey game that just came out, I played that with no need to update anything from the PSN.

Where I have my PS4 I'd need to get another connection put in to hook it up to the internet and in truth I've never needed to, I mean even the Spidey game that just came out, I played that with no need to update anything from the PSN.
You don’t have WiFi?

I've been playing Duke Nukem Forever on PS Now and I must admit that I am thoroughly enjoying it! It has gotten some pretty rotten reviews so I'm a bit surprised. It also reminds me a bit of Deadpool in terms of humor and style.

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
PlayStation Experience to skip 2018
Published 2 days ago. 150 comments.

"We wouldn't have enough," says SIE Worldwide Studios chairman.

PSX18_09-28-18.jpg

A PlayStation Experience will not be held in 2018, Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios chairman Shawn Layden said on the latest PlayStation Blogcast.

Here is the snippet:

“For 2018, I know this is going to be a disappointment to some people, but we have decided not to hold PlayStation Experience. We won’t have it in the States this year. The reasons behind that really are, we don’t have—we have a lot of progress that we’re making in our games, and we’re seeing that coming out—now that we have Spider-Man out the door, we’re looking down into 2019 into games like Dreams and Days Gone, but we wouldn’t have enough to bring people all together in some location in North America to have that event. We don’t want to set expectations really high and then not deliver on it, so we have—it was a hard decision—but we have determined that this year we will not hold PlayStation Experience.”

PlayStation Experience is generally a two-day event held in December where Sony and its publishing partners exhibit the latest upcoming PlayStation titles. A press conference-style opening keynote usually contains the latest game announcements and trailers.

source: Gematsu

boy I am sure glad I got my Pro when I did they are hard to find again I know they were scarce before the Spider Man bundle launched. I had a friend who liked mine when he saw it hooked to my 50" 4K Sammy and wanted one but was bummed that nobody online had them. I know they have a RDR2 bundle coming out the same time the game hits but he has no desire to get that game he just wants the PS4 Pro by itself.

PlayStation 4
PlayStation Awards 2018 set for December 3
Published 1 day ago. 19 comments.

User's Choice Award voting now open.

PS-Awards-2018_10-01-18.jpg

PlayStation Awards 2018 will be held on December 3 at 17:00 JST at the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Tokyo, Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia announced. It will be live streamed to YouTube.

The awards show, which has been held annually since 1995, honors the top-selling games across the Japan and Asia regions. If you missed it last year, find the list of 2017 winners here.

The following award categories are planned:

• Platinum Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over one million copies
  • Gold Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 500,000 copies
  • PlayStation Network Award: Top three network sales titles will be awarded (period: From October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017)
  • Users’ Choice Award: Top 10 titles voted by Japan and Asia users. (Released in October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018)
  • PlayStation VR Award: 3 titles that contributed to the sales of PlayStation VR (period: From October 13, 2017 to September 30, 2018) * Excluding last year’s winning titles
  • Indies & Developer Award: 3 titles that contributed to the expansion of PlayStation (period: From October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018) * Excluding last year’s winning titles
Voting for the Users’ Choice Award is open now and will run until October 8 at 23:59 JST. You can submit your votes here.

PlayStation 3, PS Vita, PlayStation 4
Rumor: Developers preparing for PlayStation Network username changes
Published 17 hours ago. 75 comments.
Developers fixing bugs and tweaking settings to ensure compatibility.

PSN-Name-Changes-Rumor_10-04-18.jpg

Multiplayer game developers are preparing for PlayStation Network username changes to come soon, three people at different game studios have told Kotaku.

The developers said that in recent months they have been fixing bugs and tweaking settings to ensure that their games are compatible with Sony’s plans.

A fourth person who works for a game studio shared an image from internal Sony documentation of a PlayStation Network profile containing an “Edit Username” option. The documentation was said to be a guide for changing one’s PlayStation Network username.

A time frame for the feature’s implementation is unknown. The developers suggested that due to PlayStation Network usernames linking your account ID to your username, rather than a universally unique identifier, retroactively fixing old multiplayer games might be time consuming and difficult.

Sony did not respond for comment.

Back at PlayStation Experience 2017 in December, Sony’s Shawn Layden suggested that PlayStation Network username changes would be implemented by December 2018, saying in response to a question about username changes, “hopefully you won’t have to ask me that question next PSX.” Sony announced last week that PlayStation Experience will not be held in 2018.
source:Gematsu

just saw on a UK video that they are planning on discontinuing the PS4 and have only the Pro but at a lower price of 39,000 yen or about 340/350 if that is true that is pretty cool and pretty sucky for those who JUST bought a new one say a Slim model. But for those of you who do not have a PS4 of any kind then a lower cost pro is the cool option.

just saw on a UK video that they are planning on discontinuing the PS4 and have only the Pro but at a lower price of 39,000 yen or about 340/350 if that is true that is pretty cool and pretty sucky for those who JUST bought a new one say a Slim model. But for those of you who do not have a PS4 of any kind then a lower cost pro is the cool option.
The PS4 has NOT been discounted. I dont know the context of whatever video you saw but its customary of Sony to "discontinue" Playstation SKUs around this time as they always flood the market with holiday bundles in late November which are typically available till at least Jan.Again thats not an official discontinue but them shuffling manufacturing of the system into a bundled box with a game rather standalone

well I remember when people dismissed pics of the various versions of the smaller and slimmer PS3 and PS4 consoles and then they came out. but on other sites I saw that this price drop was only in japan here is one link showing the 39K price I mentioned in my previous post. PS4 Pro price drops to 39,980 yen in Japan starting October 12 - Gematsu so it may not even hit USA but nothing I read from the links say anything about the non pro being phased out so maybe the guy in the video I saw was misinformed (shrugs).

I was planning on buying a PS4 Pro, but I decided to hold off and continue with the original version that I currently have, especially with the PS5 just 2-3 years away.

PlayStation 4
Sony president on PS4 successor: “It’s necessary to have a next-generation hardware”
Published 1 hour ago. 24 comments.
Early indications reportedly claim future PlayStation is not a major departure.

Sony-Comments-PS5_10-09-18.jpg

Sony president and CEO Kenichiro Yoshida has suggested that the company is planning the release of a next-generation PlayStation.

“At this point, what I can say is it’s necessary to have a next-generation hardware,” Yoshida told Financial Times. He declined to formally name the future console “PlayStation 5.”

Yoshida’s comments were in response to debate over how Sony should address the rising global smartphone games market and the shifting habits of consumers as it readies game studios and the global market for a PlayStation 4 successor.

Financial Times relayed rumors within the industry that Sony might also be planning a tablet that would connect to multiple devices “as online streaming of games becomes more widespread and the company seeks to derive ever greater synergies between its games and movie divisions.”

The publication also cited “people in the games publishing industry with knowledge of Sony’s plans for a future console” who said early indications were that the next-generation PlayStation might have a similar fundamental architecture to PlayStation 4 and not represent a major departure from the console.

Back in April, several game development sources indicated that a PlayStation 5 would not release until 2020 at the earliest.

I had someone tell me that console gaming is obsolete and everyone should focus on mobile gaming. Hearing that made my ears bleed.

I had someone tell me that console gaming is obsolete and everyone should focus on mobile gaming. Hearing that made my ears bleed.
it's not there and the only people that have fully embrased this are in the far east. Mostly due to exspense incertain countries and the fact some certain job's in those area's require alot of travel in that they're almost not at home most of the time. It depends on who your talking too and how they are living life though.

This doesn't apply to everything so he's off.

Mobile gaming and console gaming are two very different things that can coexist. While I enjoy a mobile game from time to time on my trip to work, it could never replace the love I have for serious gaming. I love getting home and booting up my PS4 to play some Resident Evil or Spider-Man.

Mobile gaming and console gaming are two very different things that can coexist. While I enjoy a mobile game from time to time on my trip to work, it could never replace the love I have for serious gaming. I love getting home and booting up my PS4 to play some Resident Evil or Spider-Man.
That's the way it should be, but there's always people that always pushing it can only be one way. Oh well. There's nothing wrong with hybrid of the two ether but it's sorta another animale.

But We can have both, there no need for an ether or deal with this .

30 mins ago
PlayStation Network ID Change Has Been Officially Confirmed By Sony
Sony has officially, and finally, confirmed that PlayStation Network users will soon be able to change their ID usernames; a feature that's coming over 10 years late...and there is a catch.Read more

Also with below

hqdefault.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer? - The Rundown - Electric Playground

955 views 11 hours ago Published on 10/10/2018
Today in the Rundown, we hack into the latest news on Cyberpunk 2077 and whether or not it will have multiplayer! We also discuss the rumours of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn jumping into the DC universe with Suicide Squad, Microsoft's potential acquisition of Pillars of Eternity developer Obsidian Entertainment, Sony finally bringing name changes to the PlayStation Network, and finally, some interesting developments on what Nintendo is doing with their new subscription service Nintendo Switch Online!

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!& EPN.tv

Last edited:
Great!
I cant nver get into handheld consoles and mobile gaming. Like I've played some before but just not my cup of tea.

Great!
I cant nver get into handheld consoles and mobile gaming. Like I've played some before but just not my cup of tea.
Agreed. When I was a kid I loved my GameBoy Advance and Nintendo DS, but I have no interest now. I like playing on my big TV screen and getting a full experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"